Where to stay in Lisboa?

Discussion in 'Portugal: NSR' started by SoCcErHyPeR 2, Oct 11, 2007.

1. SoCcErHyPeR 2

SoCcErHyPeR 2 New Member

Aug 6, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    So my best friend and I are going to France, Lisboa and the Acores in June and we're wondering where a decent hotel is in Lisboa that isn't too far from the airport, isn't too expensive, and that is kinda close to Estadio da Luz because I want to make sure I make my way over there... It's going to be my first time to Lisboa and my friend has never been.. Thanks so much... Obrigado! Rita

2. Chess_Panther

Chess_Panther Member+

Apr 29, 2007
    Porto, Portugal
    Wish I could help you but I'm from Porto and Lisbon it's not exactly the city i like to visit the most. I only stayed there one time at downtown and that was for free.

Anyone here that can help the lady?

3. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    My sister just went to a wedding in Lisbon, and stayed at Tivoli Tejo, she loved the stay. Beautiful hotel, close to everything, here is their website.

http://www.tivolitejo.com

4. SoCcErHyPeR 2

SoCcErHyPeR 2 New Member

Aug 6, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Awesome! Thanks so much!

5. PassItOn

PassItOn New Member

Dec 29, 2004
    NJ
    It's a very nice area, you have a lot to do within walking distance. Airport, trains, the metro, Vasco da Gama mall, the aquarium, great bars, and restaurants, etc...
    FYI don't expect to see any games in June, their already on summer break.

6. geeko79

geeko79 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    Toronto
    ok...are you looking to spend lots of money or do you want to go on the cheap?

I stayed at the Pensao Alicante in December which is a block away from Marques do Pombal monument in downtown Lisbon. Its more like an Inn than a Hotel. The rooms are immaculately clean and you can chose rooms with up to 3 single beds. they also serve continental breakfast and rates are cheap!!!! Its a block aay from the metro (can't remember the stops name) and a block from the avenida! You are a 10 min cab ride from the airport and 15 from estacao oriente.

or you can try this place...
    http://www.solmelia.com/solNew/hoteles/jsp/C_Hotel_Description.jsp?codigoHotel=5827
    It is right next to the train station and across the street from Vasco da gama shopping and 5 mins from the airport 15 cab ride from downtown and more expensive. Rooms are nice and the restaurant serves a buffet style dinner.

good luck

7. SoCcErHyPeR 2

SoCcErHyPeR 2 New Member

Aug 6, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    we wanna go kinda cheap.. so that one you mentioned seems very cool.. just looked it up.

yeah i know about the games.. i just wanna check out the stadium :)

8. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Stay in Olaias! RarRarRar!!!

9. Nelso

Nelso New Member

Jun 14, 2005
    Avanca, Portugal
  10. SoCcErHyPeR 2

SoCcErHyPeR 2 New Member

Aug 6, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    I fly out to Paris on Sunday.. then Lisbon on Thursday.. woohoo.. then Azores.. then BACK to Lisbon and Paris.. Thanks for the heads up everyone

11. Joelzinho

Joelzinho Member

May 23, 2005
    Montreal!
    Nat'l Team:
    Portugal
    Have a good time.