Where to find quality boots in NYC

Discussion in 'Soccer Boots' started by flyingfullback, Jul 6, 2005.

1. flyingfullback

flyingfullback New Member

Jun 22, 2005
    NYC
    Hey guys, i'm looking all over the city of New York to find good quality boots. There is one good store in the Bronx called Frank's Sports Shop and they have the PRedator pulses, Nike Mystics, Vapors, Copa Mundials, AZT 90 II's. Is there any other place in New York City that u guys recomend going to. Thanks

2. mrelkane2u

mrelkane2u New Member

May 18, 2005
    NYC
    Soccer Supply Co. on 1st Ave. betwen 90th and 91st St.
    Got my Copa Mundial Turf there.

My school orders warm-up's and uniforms from Frank's Sport Shop. there was a guy named Andy, who was really helpful and gave us some great deals... I think he quit though.

3. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Niketown sells Vapors, Legends, and Total 90's...

4. flyingfullback

Jun 22, 2005
    NYC
    Cassano, do they sell the air zoom total 90 iii's or the crappy total 90 iii VT's that r sold in Modell's?

THanks guys

5. Cassano

Cassano Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I went to Niketown the other day. They sell all the real, expensive Nike boots.

6. flyingfullback

Jun 22, 2005
    NYC
    the one on fifty-something street and 5th?

7. mrelkane2u

mrelkane2u New Member

May 18, 2005
    NYC
    yup. there's only one niketown in nyc.

8. loden

loden Member

Jan 2, 2005
    Forest Hills, NY
    Club:
    FC Dynamo Kyiv
    Paragon Sports on 17th and 5th avenue. They carry maybe 30 or so different pairs.

9. flyingfullback

Jun 22, 2005
    NYC
    Paragon sports, i'll check it out. I'll also check niketown out

If there r any other places that anyone knows please post them

10. flyingfullback

Jun 22, 2005
    NYC
  11. mrelkane2u

mrelkane2u New Member

May 18, 2005
    NYC
    If you're looking for quality boots and don't want to buy them online, I suggest you try either a store run by people who know soccer, or a big brand store like adidas concept store and niketown.

Paragon Sports is the best general sports equipment store in NYC, but their choice of soccer cleats is still limited. The only quality boots you'll find from them are Nike Vapor, AZT III, and Pred Pulse - even those will be available in limited colors and sizes. Most other cleats from them are $20-30 knock-off pairs.

NikeTown (Midtown) and Adidas Concept Store (SoHo) are good because they basically sell all the soccer boots that they currently manufacture, in every color and size. I'm not sure if NikeTown offers NikeID, but Adidas Concept Store does offer miAdidas customization service, if you want to shell out $270.

Soccer Supply Co. (www.homeofsoccer.com) and Frank's Sports Shop are also good because people that work there actually know soccer and can help you choose the shoes you are looking for.

12. flyingfullback

Jun 22, 2005
    NYC
    where is Soccer Supply Co.?

13. flyingfullback

Jun 22, 2005
    NYC
    i'm gonna check out Soccer Supply, i've been to their website before but i never realised that they were so close

14. flyingfullback

Jun 22, 2005
    NYC
    What skool do u go to?

15. mrelkane2u

mrelkane2u New Member

May 18, 2005
    NYC
    Cooper Union

16. designez1

designez1 Member

Nov 19, 2003
    New York
    Definitely the Adidas Performance Store in Soho: 610 Broadway at Houston St. If they haven't got it on stock than they'll order the boots for you!