where to find a DCU beanie?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by miarox, Oct 25, 2004.

1. DeKo21DCU

DeKo21DCU New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    VA
    NO NO NO NO NO! Stop it Lonnie. You're opening this up for debate! It's a ski cap. Quick, close thread! :p

Okay okay, for being a good sport you pick the name then and that shall stand.

2. Jose L. Couso

Jose L. Couso New Member

Jul 31, 2000
    Arlington, VA
    Kids...

I have seen the winter hat type you describe in various styles at Soccer Kicks in Wilson Blvd. Arlington VA.

ps-Looking through my winter hats I found a non-fold black one with a new logo and three red stripes across the bottom. :)

3. jlm120170

jlm120170 New Member

Dec 14, 2003
    maryland
    I have one i bought it at the stadium shop for 18$.If you look at the lanorte web site check out the last metro game game pictures i thing the second one were im standing next to the drum with my bros shows you how it looks.Not sure how to do the picture here.

4. MattR

MattR Member+

Jun 14, 2003
    Reston
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't it supposed to be around 70 degrees tomorrow. Nobody needs a ski hat/beanie/whatever until the next round.

And we will be in the next round, correct?

5. JoeSoccerFan

JoeSoccerFan Member+

Aug 11, 2000

Is this the one that you meant?
    [​IMG]

For future reference, click on the little mountain icon. Then, cut/paste the image full path.

6. mcontento

mcontento Member

Jun 26, 2000
    Catalina Wine Mixer
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes but by 2010 all the rage will be the old ski cap and the beanie will go the way of all sad fashion trends started on MTV (see 1980s for reference). :D

7. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oh so true, but I did notice a slight run on beanies yesterday. Heck I even made sure to get one while supplies last!

8. kravi

kravi Member

May 3, 2004
    Section 134
    I still have to get the bloody face paint out of mine. I hope it comes off in the washing machine...

--kravi

9. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    OK DeKo (or anyone) if you know the phone # or email address for the beanie let's give it to miarox!

10. beltwayrob

beltwayrob New Member

Jun 15, 2004
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    So sad! That damn paint was the death to all of you guys. LoL Glad I didn't partake!

11. DeKo21DCU

DeKo21DCU New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    VA
    Okay here's the 411 on the hat. They have two styles, they don't fold so your good there. I asked the girl at the merchandise stand how someone who can't get to the stadium can get one of these hats. She shrugged, she was clueless.

So my suggestion is call DCU and tell them you want that hat that they sell in the merchandise stands at RFK. I would definitely describe it as a ski cap and not a beanie. I say this because I asked the girl for a beanie and she gave me a blank look, then I said ski cap and she said Oh, and showed me.

So that's my report!

Good luck to you.

12. miarox

miarox New Member

Sep 15, 2004
    thanks sooooo sooooo much, i will email them today

13. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I called it a beanie and the dude grabbed it for me. They were both $18.

One is solid black with a big (relatively) logo in front and a smaller DC United on the back. I got this one :)

The other one has a big thick red stripe going up the middle of it, but a smaller logo - I didn't see the back of this one...

I thought about buying an extra one and sending it to you, but I can't even manage to send bills out in the mail, so I doubt you'd ever see it :)

14. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    I'll get one Saturday-probably the solid black one. Thanks DeKo and everyon else for helping out miarox!

15. Pints

Pints Member

Apr 21, 2004
    Charm City
    Oh my God!
    I thought you all were discussing beanie babies. Those little stuffed animals people go nuts over. :eek:

I kept seeing the title and wondered why would all these folks be talking about stuffed animals for such a long period of time.....?

16. DeKo21DCU

DeKo21DCU New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    VA
    Someone sure came to the party late! :D

I did not end up buying one but may this weekend. I was thinking about it and afterwards regretted not getting it. I'm convinced now that Columbus' loss was a sign to buy the hat.

17. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    Well we could always start right? Not enough posts on this thread. :D

The "Ryan Nelsen teenage beenie babie"

http://www.ty.com/images/products/3201_page2.jpg

18. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
  19. DeKo21DCU

DeKo21DCU New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    VA
    Ha, at the game Saturday Joe said he's going to start a thread caleld "where can I find some DCU tube socks" :p

20. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
    :D

I'm looking for a DC United pillow case.

21. DeKo21DCU

DeKo21DCU New Member

Aug 11, 2003
    VA
    Tell you what BudWiser, you go buy plain black pillow cases and I'll sew DCU patches on them. JUST FOR YOU! :D

BTW: Did anyone actually see Susan and I holding the American flag on the pitch with the kiddies? Everyone I asked has said they weren't paying attention. :mad:

22. BudWiser

BudWiser New Member

Jul 17, 2000
    Falls Church, VA
  23. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I had GrillMaster pick me up a couple pair at the equipment sale 3 years ago :)

24. kravi

kravi Member

May 3, 2004
    Section 134
    Y'all are missing out on the big hit. I started a thread on it about 4 months ago, but nobody hit...

I want DC United boxer shorts!!! Sadly, I don't think that anybody makes them; I certainly can't find them :( But they really are the "elite" in fanware. It is showing true dedication to wear them. And to let others know that you are wearing them...

--kravi

25. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm not sure I like the idea of undies that are black on one side and red on the other ....... ;)