Where to buy cleats?

Discussion in 'Girls Youth Soccer' started by Treece, Mar 27, 2007.

1. Treece

Treece New Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Club:
    Connecticut
    I've just exhausted our mall and shopping area for my girls. Yes, my daughter wears a size 10 wide. She can't even fit in the mens cleats. Any suggestions besides binding her feet, LOL?

Treece

2. lucky13dad

lucky13dad Member

May 16, 2006
    Region 2
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can always try Eurosport (based in North Carolina) at www.soccer.com. Otherwise, a local specialty shop like Soccer Post, depending where you live. Good luck!

3. ctsoccer13

ctsoccer13 Member+

Mar 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    On the Eurosport site just type in "wide" in the search term box. At the bottom of the page you'll see a blurb about wide cleats. Click on it and it will bring up what they consider "wide" cleats. You can look at those and then call if you have more questions. They have a good return policy as well, just make sure you don't wear them outside.

4. loghyr

loghyr ex-CFB

Jul 11, 2006
    Tulsa
    Wide is subjective - scour the Equipment & Gear sub-forum of Player to find out how different brands determine what is wide.

And before you buy online, ask in that forum for people's experiences with the boots. We bought a pair of indoors for kids based on reviews for adults. Sometimes you have to extrapolate.

I think Academy and Sports Authority both carry men's wide sizes up to about 12 and sometimes 13. You just have to keep looking.

5. Treece

Treece New Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Thanks to you both. I forgot about the Equipment sub-forum.

Treece

6. ctsoccer13

ctsoccer13 Member+

Mar 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Eurosport also has reviews of cleats submitted by people. Once you view the particular cleat there is a link above it to check the reviews (if there are any).

7. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004
  8. MenaceFanatic

MenaceFanatic New Member

Oct 5, 2004

.....where you will recieve the confirmation that "the item you have ordered is currently not in stock and on back-order. We will contact you in 425 years when it is in stock and ready to ship." :mad:

9. CVAL

CVAL Member

Dec 8, 2004
    I have good luck with them. Even had to return some items with no issues.

10. Treece

Treece New Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Club:
    Connecticut
    Thanks again and for anyone lurking on this thread - if you do a search here for "wide cleats" there is lots of great advice throughout the boards. You think I'd know this by now?

Treece

11. ctsoccer13

ctsoccer13 Member+

Mar 25, 2002
    Connecticut
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Treece,
    Just a word of advice. If possible, try them on. I recently purchased some cleats and was also looking for wide widths to accomodate a bunion problem. I went with the Nike Supremacy's based on stuff I'd read on Bigsoccer and then on Eurosport. Unfortunately when the cleats arrived I found that they were still too thin and really didn't seem that wide to me. Of course, that's just my opinion. I went with the Lotto Stadio which is a nice soft leather that will stretch, but I just wanted to stress that no matter what you read it's still best to try them on first to avoid possible exchange issues.

12. Treece

Treece New Member

Feb 15, 2005
    Club:
    Connecticut
    I personally never have luck buying shoes or anything without trying it on. We went to a bunch more stores and finally found a pair of Adidas that did the trick. She ended up going up a full size to get ones that fit. Maybe the feet are the source of her blazing speed, LOL? :D

Treece

13. BitterSoccerFan

Jun 15, 2005
    Kansas City
    Club:
    Sporting Kansas City
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If you have any Adidas or Nike oulet stores close by try hitting those they seem to collect more of the "nonstandard" sizes.

14. charlieblanko

charlieblanko Member

Dec 8, 2006
    cal south
    Club:
    Arsenal FC