Where to buy cheap airfare?

Discussion in 'Food & Travel' started by highgarden, Oct 2, 2003.

1. highgarden

highgarden New Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to the Caymans at the end of the month (Pirates Festival) and so far tickets are running around $600. I've been looking on Orbitz, Expedia, & Travelocity. I need to choose the flight times so Priceline is not an option. Are there lesser known sites that would have good deals? I was expecting to pay around $400 per ticket.

2. MikeLastort2

MikeLastort2 Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Takoma Park, MD
  3. phats_away

phats_away Member

Jul 28, 2001
    Atlanta, Ga
    qixo.com

tho sometimes it's easier to find flights that are the same price as qixo just better times on the carrier's sites

4. highgarden

highgarden New Member

Apr 24, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thanks, I saved $100 even with the membership fee included. Their deals to Europe are really good as well.

5. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Thank you. I now see the trips to Greece and Russia we wanted to take becoming feasible :D

6. nicodemus

nicodemus Member+

Sep 3, 2001
    Cidade Mágica
    Club:
    PAOK Saloniki
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Are a lot of the flights on BestFares on "fly-by-night" airlines (excuse the pun.) I'm not going to be asked to fly Air Rwanda to Greece am I? :D

7. FearM9

FearM9 New Member

Jul 14, 2000
    On my bike
    Thanks for the recommendation phats!!!

I was extremely close to booking a flight on Expedia, but then remembered your site and went there and lo and behold I saved over $400 FLYING ON THE SAME FREAKING AIRLINE!!! I even checked out flights going through the airline's site and got kicked back the more expensive flights that were also listed on Expedia and Orbitz.

Mahalo phats and QIXO.com!!!

8. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    Never booked an international trip, but if you're flying domestically cut out the pimp and go with one of the cheap domestic carriers...Southwest, Jet Blue, AirTran, etc...way better service for the most part, an overall nicer experience, and usually much cheaper (big airlines are sometimes cheaper on a shuttle flight like NY-DC, BOS-PHL, BOS-DC, SF-LA, etc., but that's about it).

9. dark knight

dark knight Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 15, 1999
    Club:
    Leicester City FC
    Other new cheap airlines - SpiritAir, Song, ATA