Where the **** are you Philly fans??

Discussion in 'Philadelphia Independence' started by nightofrefs, Jul 22, 2010.

1. MAR2010

MAR2010 Member

Jul 8, 2010
    Philadelphia
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    "You'll Never Walk Alone" is sort of an unofficial theme song for Liverpool FC, sung by the supporters to the team. It's also sung at Celtic FC. When Liverpool and Celtic met in Champions League a few seasons back, it was quite the moment when Gerry Marsden sung it before the match. It's on YouTube. It would be cool for Independence fans to adopt as Riley is from Liverpool.

2. jimlogue

jimlogue Member

Jul 16, 2009
    Medford, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As I am a Celtic fan and several of the leaders as well I am all for doing this. We just need to get more people out to make it work and also teach them all the song.

3. moog

moog Member

Mar 2, 2003
    eastern PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Independence
    Maybe you could distribute chant/lyric sheets? Perhaps the team could help with copying, though I know they're on a shoestring budget. I think most people are familiar with the song from the Jerry Lewis Labor Day Telethons that have been going on for decades, as I believe that is his theme song as well. When is it usually sung at Liverpool or Celtic games?

4. BChaCha

BChaCha Member

Apr 26, 2010
    Honolulu, Hawaii
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    YNWA is so tired. Everyone sings it. That said, coach would be pleasantly surprised, and I am pro-Celtic and Sankt Pauli, both of whom sing it. So I'm not opposed.

IMO, if we're going to do it, let's make it more original. Take a cue from Los Fastidios or from Rubbermaids and speed it up or something. I'd like to see something like the sped up version from this song with two claps in the space. I.E.:
    Walk on, clap clap
    Walk on, clap clap
    With hope, clap clap
    In your heart, clap clap
    And you'll never walk alone
    You'll never walk alone

[ame="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j6-E_Z1fap0"]YouTube- Rubbermaids&Gegengerade Allstars - You'll Never Walk Alone[/ame]