Where is Marco Caneira?

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Selecao2002, Aug 1, 2002.

1. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    Does anyone have any information on Marco Caneira? Did someone pick him up? Where is he training? When I was in Portugal, I saw his picture (along with Ricardo’s) in the paper. He was vacationing in Albefeira. Since then, I have not heard anything.

I know not everyone aggrees with my optimism about the future of Marco Caneira at the national level. But there is one thing for certain – this guy can play, and right now it appears he is without a club. He spent last year at Benfica on loan from Inter, and became a regular on defense – both central and on the wing. However, Benfica did not pick up the option to buy, and it appears he is just blowing in the wind.

2. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Sucks for him, cuz when he was at Reggina he had some good potential. He already debutef for Portugal, right?

3. Selecao2002

Selecao2002 New Member

Oct 20, 2000
    MA
    I have heard from other sources that it is very likely that Inter will loan him out to another Serie A side -- Reggina, Chievo, etc. That possibility is actually very good for him, since he will likely be a starter in one of the 2-3 best leagues in the world. Don't start crying for Marco yet.

4. nas2nj

nas2nj New Member

Jun 12, 2002
    Newark, NJ
    I also think Marco Caneira is a good defender.
    Wouldn't mind him coming to Sporting.