Where is Korean_Football ?

Discussion in 'Korea' started by Deleted Users, Dec 4, 2004.

1. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    I liked the guy although some might disagree. He one day dissappeared and never came back. Anybody know the whereabouts ?

2. NonStop4

NonStop4 New Member

Jul 16, 2004
    Military Service as its compulsory in Korea.

3. the_13th_redneck

the_13th_redneck BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 3, 2002
    I share the same fate in a few months :p

4. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    13th Redneck, why don't you just enlist in the United States Armed Forces ? If you ever get stationed in Korea then its honestly the same thing as doing your "duties as a Korean male protecting your country" since the US Army basically does the defending for Korea anyway.

5. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Well, sorry - i kinda blurted that out of nowhere. I'm sure you have your plans. Have fun in the ROKArmy!

족구 열심히 하셈.ㅋ

6. Wargamer

Wargamer Red Card

Apr 24, 2004
    Military. His signiture should tell you he is in many other soccer-related forums as well. I am glad that he shares my animosity,albeit with a lot less virulence, toward iranians. But he seems rather soft on chinese. In fact he deleted all my posts when his friends(like junjun,jamishon,dcunited) appeared getting bludgeoned. (Oh man, if any of you thinks you won the fight back in april, you should have seen my posts before they were deleted by KF. hehe)

7. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Oh, I see. I see that you now have a yellow ! Hope you can share your views without being cynical this time :)

8. Wargamer

Wargamer Red Card

Apr 24, 2004
    KF might have been pissed off after I blurted out, in response to his deleting my posts, certain things from our private exchange(he had been the receiver of such unfair treatment in certain iranian forum that I won't name). They were not meant to be dishonorable(it is quite apparent who he is;his gaudy signiture and all that) but he might have thought I hit 'bellow the belt'.

A lot of people here also post at 사커월드 etc as well.

9. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    아, 싸월분이시군요. ID가 뭔지 여쭈어도 될까요?

Wait as a matter of fact, who else posts at Soccerworld here ??

10. Wargamer

Wargamer Red Card

Apr 24, 2004
    panter. I poked fun at the poor grammatical skills of certain 싸월 members and I was demoted to level 10, after which I withdrew my membership from that site. I mean, what is their excuse? They are Korean and went through at least 12 years of education IN KOREAN!!!

I had fun time there and there were a few who appreciated my writing, though not enough to counterbalance the overwhelming majority who absolutely hated me. But part of that hatred is toward Korean americans in general so you guys have no need to feel any sort of camaraderie.

One great piece I wrote was something like

moron: "너와 같은 놈과 얘기하느니 그냥 자러간다"
    me:
    "예 좋은 생각입니다. 귀하와 같이 무식한 분은 무조건 오래 자야 하고 그러는 것이 인류공영에 이바지하는 길입니다"

11. Wargamer

Wargamer Red Card

Apr 24, 2004
    I think it was
    "그렇게 무식할 때는 무조건 자는 것이 인류공영에 이바지하는 길이지".

I am never polite to morons, not even to be just sarcastic. And verbosity is something to be avoided.

12. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    As someone who has only a 2nd grade education from Korea, I must ask, is "moron's" grammar correct? (sorry, I can't input in Hangeul) Neo-wa gat-eun should be Neo gat-eun, right? Is there some nuance I'm missing?

As one Korean linguist pointed out, the famous song that goes, "Na-euil saldeon gohyang-eun," should be "Nae-ga saldeon gohyang." The excessive use of "euil," is thought to be a grammatical corruption introduced during the colonial period, since Japanese use the equivalent, "-no," extensively.

13. dcunited4life

dcunited4life New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Seoul
    Funny, I can't seem to remember those moments.

14. Wargamer

Wargamer Red Card

Apr 24, 2004
    No. They are pretty much the same. But it is quite colloquial. I am not sure whether it is grammatically incorrect even. .....because it can be said "A 와 B 는 같다" that can be rephrased as "B 는 A와 같다".

No, I never poke fun at such minor errors. The kind of errors they make.... they are just too visible even to someone with a 7th grade education in Korean.

[/QUOTE]
    As one Korean linguist pointed out, the famous song that goes, "Na-euil saldeon gohyang-eun," should be "Nae-ga saldeon gohyang." The excessive use of "euil," is thought to be a grammatical corruption introduced during the colonial period, since Japanese use the equivalent, "-no," extensively.[/QUOTE]

euil -> eui

"Nae-ka" conveys the meaning much better but I would not say "Na eui" is syntactically incorrect. "Na eui" modifies "saldeon kohyang"(so a bit unclear who was living there) whereas "Na eui saldeon" modidifes "kohyang" in the latter example(and it is much better).

15. Wargamer

Wargamer Red Card

Apr 24, 2004
    I meant "Nae ka saldeon" modifies "kohyang".

16. Wargamer

Wargamer Red Card

Apr 24, 2004
    If you knew, you would have been a much tougher opponent.

17. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    You're right. I don't know why I slipped that "l" in there.

As for the "Na eui" phrasing, like you said, it is unclear as to who lives there, so I would contend that it is nonsensical. At best, it does not express the obvious intent correctly. "Na-eui gohyang" would be correct, but the "saldeon" muddies the waters.

18. Holyjoe

Holyjoe Member

Jul 15, 2003
    ROK/SCO
    Read it daily, but don't post there ;)

19. Elliad

Elliad Member

Jun 22, 2002
    Sydney, Australia
    whoa, you can read Korean too? Are you sure you are not a delusional-Korean-thinking-he's-an-expat-Scot? :)

I go there as well, but can't be bothered applying for the membership to post stuff. Too much work for me, hehe.

20. Deleted Users

Deleted Users Member+

Nov 25, 2001
    Where is BadazzSnowboarder ? He disappaerd too.

21. Wargamer

Wargamer Red Card

Apr 24, 2004
    As for "너와 같은", I say it is of a correct form. In fact "너같은" would be a kind of ellipsis(or contraction, abbrev., or whatever the terminology...).

I said it is SYNTACTICALLY not incorrect. That is all I meant. No native Korean would speak that way. But I suppose certain literary and artistic license is given to poets and song writers. In fact even "내가 살던 고향" is made of superflous words(of course you lived in 고향 once!!). If you write a composition that way you will get a D-.

22. Hyok

Hyok Member+

Sep 4, 2002
    California
    Well, actually "saldeon" conveys that the singer no longer lives in his hometown, as opposed to "nae-ga salgo inneun gohyang."

23. Wargamer

Wargamer Red Card

Apr 24, 2004
    Actually '고향' itself has that nuance, so it is not completely equivalent to 'hometown' etc.