Where is Eddie Johnson?

Discussion in 'MLS: General' started by GCSOCCER19, Apr 9, 2003.

1. GCSOCCER19

GCSOCCER19 New Member

Feb 10, 2003
    North Carolina
    Anybody know where Eddie Johnson is at this pre-season and so far.....
    I have been so looking forward to this year and hoping that he will finally break out and get that first team jersey he deserves but I havent heard anything about him at all....
    Has he been with the U-20's, or U-23's?
    Injured?

Any info out there......

2. Beckhamcpt07

Beckhamcpt07 Member

Nov 16, 2001
    Amsterdam, the Netherlands
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is going with the U-20s to the World Cup at some point... and as for Dallas... I think he is fighting for a spot at striker with Bobby Rhine, next to Jason Kreis.

I think he should be given a starting place; if you consider the performances he gave in such limited playing time last year. He could be a revelation if they give him the playing time. Plus, hes on my fantasy team so i am pulling for him:).

3. ChrisE

ChrisE Member

Jul 1, 2002
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    American Samoa
    Playa's been hurt all preseason, but he's been spending it with Dallas. He won't be ready until a couple of weeks into the season, but he definitely needs to be given a shot with the first team.

4. Pegasus

Pegasus Member+

Apr 20, 1999
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He said he would be ready in about two weeks at the game in Tulsa last Saturday. I believe he has been given every chance to be a starter the last two years in training camp only to become injured and lose that chance. His injury last year lasted six weeks and basically with U20 stuff made last year a major loss at least in terms of his Burn oportunities. He comes back quicker this year and the U2o WC has been postponed so he might be able to make a push to start if he really works in practice. At this time he is the only forward in camp not in the Kreis mode and would logically be the best compliment to Jason. I hope he can pull it off and step up.