Where in the World? Lost, Season 3, Part 3 [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Ghost, Apr 20, 2007.

1. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    totally.
    unless it's the hero. I remember an episode of Knight Rider from when I was a kid and Michael got hit in the head with a wrench by a baddie waiting to ambush him. Of course, Michael shrugged it off like he got hit by a wet noddle and beat the guy up.

the hero shrugs those shots off. the bad guy can get felled by a limp karate chop.

2. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    dynamite. blow up the cable.

which brings me to this ... how the hell did the others NOT hear that big explosion when Rosseau blew up that tree?

3. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    Yeah, it seems like Jack would have just told the Losties about his plan. I doubt the Others could hear the explosion, but I would always just assume I was being watched if i was the Losties.

4. Leto

Leto New Member

Aug 23, 2001
    Donegal,Ireland
    Yep, that grated a bit. The unnecessary theatrics seemed a bit out of character.

5. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    totally. and on a big, quiet island like that a big explosion like that would carry. or they'd see a giant plume of smoke.
    speaking of which, remember the first season (second season?) you'd see that giant smoke thingy in the air before the others came .... I have no idea why I mentioned that. but it'd be kinda weird if the others saw that smoke plume and that's why they left early.

6. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wasnt the cord there to lead them to the station. So they know where it is?

Did Juliet tell them about the underwater station while knowing people were there.

And Ben is acting very weird after shooting Locke

7. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yes, ultimately what's important is that we got to see Ripley in her underpants....not why we got to see her.

:D

8. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
  9. musicl

musicl New Member

Jan 9, 2004
    That was an amazing episode. Hit the spot emotionally.

10. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I thought it was OK ... but could be great depending on this week. to me, it was just positioning the series for the finale. If the finale pays off, this ep looks much better as a result.

so let's have 'em. what are the death predicitions? NO SPOILERS, just your guesses.
    My guesses for deaths (in order of probablility):
    1. Bernard (red shirt has a date with death)
    2. Ben (his comment in the previews and a hunch makes me think he loses control of the others and pays for it)
    3. Charlie (well, duh)

those are my top three.

11. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    Any guesses on shockers:

- I think Locke makes a comeback, I doubt he's really dead. Maybe he takes out Ben.

- None of the following will die: Sayiid, Kate, Jack, Desmond, Charlie, Sawyer

- Not sure on Juliette,

12. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I agree

I hope they have a HUGE hanger at the end like always

13. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Bernard is good as dead. He's not a main Lostie but he appears to have a role in the finale, and we'll know for sure if he's dead if we get Bernard/Rose flashbacks.

I can see the big cliffhanger being whether Charlie dies. The list he made in the last episode suggests he's ready to die, but the show likes to go against conventional wisdom. Desmond could die in Charlie's stead when he storms the underwater station, but the Penny-Desmond storyline is too unresolved so far.

14. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say Charlie dies... doing something to save the other Lost members. I also think there's going to besomething major towards the end. I've been reading of a game changing event and have yet to see it, I think we'll see it at the end of the show.

15. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    Game changing event: Locke kills Ben

16. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    I'd put my money on that - not that I expect it to happen, but I wouldn't be surprised and it's the most likely of the potential game changers. He let Benry get away in Season 2, and if nothing else, Ben's all about finishing unfinished business.

But really, nothing would be totally shocking or too drastic to happen. Remember, after this double episode, THERE ARE ONLY 48 MORE PIECES TO THE PUZZLE OMG!!!!

17. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well that's not happening. i mean the bernard/rose flashbacks. they're not wasting the two-hour finale flashbacks on those two. locke has a better chance of sprouting wings and flying off the island.

besides, the producers have said who the flashback is and it's the only one that makes sense. even if you didn't know, you'd have to guess that it's [result]Jack[/result].
    that's been confirmed.

:)

18. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    * Juliette's not the double-crosser, Jack is. Jack leads the losties across the island to turn them over to Ben where they end up in a pit next to the Dharama people.

* A rescue ship actually shows up.

those count for me.

;)

:)

19. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    Well yeah. So some things are too drastic. Because after the next 2 hours, WE STILL HAVE 48 MORE PIECES TO THE PUZZLE OMG OMG!

20. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    yeah. But not this season.

21. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    finale tonight. it's got some big expectations to live up to. think it can deliver?
    I'm trying not to get too excited but it's kinda hard. I'm dying to know what happens.

22. Dr.Phil

Dr.Phil Member+

Jan 18, 2004
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well one thing about the show is it always has cliffhangers. And the Finale's always have huge cliffhangers so I expect it to be good.

23. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Remember this is 2 hours, so plan accordingly.

24. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    thank goodness for the tivo, so I should have it automatically. but those of you taping, that's a good warning.

25. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    CL match and then LOST. gonna be a good DVD. :D