Where in the World? Lost, Season 3, Part 3 [R]

Discussion in 'Movies, TV and Music' started by Ghost, Apr 20, 2007.

1. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
    If you're like me and you're into the Enlightenment references on the show, you might enjoy this EW piece: http://www.ew.com/ew/article/0,,20038700,00.html

Also, agree that Bernard is the most likely to die. Secondary characters shouldn't act all important like that. Doesn't he know what happened to Arzt and Nikki?

2. MLS SupaStr3

MLS SupaStr3 New Member

Jul 2, 2003
    NJ
    Hey I'm not sure if you guys have heard about these 2 sites but they have a bunch of screen caps from the show. It's pretty cool.

http://losteastereggs.blogspot.com/

http://lost-media.com/index.php

Also, has a Flying Dutchman scenario been ruled out? I was watching the Twilight-Zone last week and it showed these space guys who saw their own death but didn't want to accept it.

3. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    What do you mean by this? I missed the first 6-7 episodes (season 1) of Lost if that's what you are referencing.

4. Dante

Dante Moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 19, 1998
    Upstate NY
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm putting my money on a main character dying and I say it's Charlie. I also think a few of the well known Others will die as well. We haven't met the death quota that was discussed by the producers a while back.

5. That Phat Hat

That Phat Hat Member+

Nov 14, 2002
    Just Barely Outside the Beltway
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Japan
  6. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    i thought it was interesting how it shows where Locke was shot. looks like our boy was shot where his kidney used to be (assuming it was the correct side). did locke's dad save his life by stealing his kidney all those years ago?

7. Leto

Leto New Member

Aug 23, 2001
    Donegal,Ireland
    Fantastic! It's been annoying me that I couldn't think of any special significance to Locke being shot in the side. Ben/the writers don't leave things to chance ;)

8. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    Yep! Good catch.

9. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :confused:
    It was mentioned in Charlie's flashbacks while he was writing his list.

10. Chiquitibum

Chiquitibum Member+

Apr 4, 2004
    Norte
    Club:
    Pumas UNAM
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
  11. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    Still haven't made up my mind totally about Juliette. She said the station was flooded and unmanned, that's why Charlie didn't expect anyone there.

the folks are now nicely split apart, 2 at the water station (Desmond is still sleeping off the oar smack in the boat), 3 at the beach (Jin, Sayeed and the other guy) and the rest heading for a radio tower. There's also the signifigance of Charlie's ring sitting in Aaron's crib (well assuming this is signifigant in any way)

Previews show they all get caught to some level, but I bet lots will get shot next week and then we end with a big cliff hanger.

One thought I had when they were heading to the water station: Just cut the cable. Problem solved.

Sort of a dry episode, but good setup. I did like the "thanks for that" comment from Juliette when the kid came up on the beach and tried to rat her out.

12. Stud83

Stud83 Member+

Jun 1, 2005
    That's one of the reasons I like the show and will keep buying full season DVDs to actually catch up on all the past connections. Almost every single flashback contains quite a few references to past/future episodes of other people on the island.

13. TheSlipperyOne

TheSlipperyOne Member+

Feb 29, 2000
    Denver
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Or Ben could have told her that. Knowledge is power and after the hatch exploded Ben has been consolidating his power even more than he had been.

Where's the drama in that? :p

14. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    I love how in movies/TV shows people always get knocked out. What if Desmond, after being hit by the oar, just said "********! What the hell was that about? That really hurt! You dick!!!!"

15. Ismitje

Ismitje Super Moderator

Dec 30, 2000
    The Palouse
    Club:
    Real Salt Lake
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Or if they suffered long term effects from being knocked out as opposed to springing back relatively unharmed.

16. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Exactly. She admitted that she really didn't know much about that station.

17. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Reminds me of Alien (the first one). The solution was obvious from the beginning: just put on your suits, hold on, and vent the damned thing. But as Slippery says, where's the drama (or in this case Ripley in her underpants) in that?

18. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well.....I'll be nitpicky and mention that in "Alien" the thing got big really fast and, IIRC, a few people were killed when they went hunting it down expecting to find that ferret-sized thing that burst out of John Hurt's gut....only to find that it was now the size of an NBA two-guard. Plus, you also had Ash the android (aka Bilbo Baggins) trying to thwart efforts to kill it, etc., etc.

;)

19. NHRef

NHRef Member+

Apr 7, 2004
    Southern NH
    If you can believe her, might have been a way to distract and seperate. Guess next week we find out which side she's on. I doubt its Ben's but she might have her own agenda.

20. yossarian

yossarian Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 16, 1999
    Big City Blinking
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well my point wasn't really that Juliet is definitely trusthworthy (I'd be more surprised if there isn't another twist to her story) but rather that what Charlie found didn't necessarily contradict Juliet's statement that she didn't know much about that station and had never been there.

21. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This brings up what everybodies' first agenda really is...

Locke - the meaning if life (or this island)
    Jack - to get off the island
    Charlie - to protect Clare (and the baby)
    Juliet - to have a stable lab environment
    Ben - to maintain control over the people in the island
    Sayid - to protect the survivors
    James (Sawyer) - to get laid :)...now I think it will be to protect Kate
    Sun - to have the baby (which connects to Julliet)
    Jin - to protect Sun (which supposes that he might kill either Julliet or Ben)
    Clare - to make sure her baby is safe (mostly by getting off the island)

This is not to mention Desmond and Hurley and Richard and Rousseau. Lots of conflicts

22. dna77054

dna77054 Member+

Jun 28, 2003
    houston
    So are those two women in the underwater station stranded there now that the sub has been destroyed. They could probably swim out, but swimming back down could be problem.

As a scuba diver let me point our that Charlie would have sunk much faster that he did with that amount of weight on his weight belt. And he looked to go down at least 30 feet without equalizing his ears, which would have been very painfully and could even burst his ear drums.

Come to think of it, I find it hard to beleive that a plane coming back from Australia did not have any scuba equipment in the cargo hold that could have been salvaged.

23. soccernutter

soccernutter Moderator
    Staff Member

Tottenham Hotspur
    Aug 22, 2001
    Near the mountains.
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I forgot to mention...the guy Ben talked to about rading the survivor's camp...that mercinary looking guy...was it just me, or was any body else remended of that guy from Commando?

[​IMG]

24. bungadiri

bungadiri Super Moderator
    Staff Member

Jan 25, 2002
    Acnestia
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, sure, you've got a couple of points there. But I'm the one who got to say "Ripley in her underpants".

25. Samarkand

Samarkand Member+

May 28, 2001
    My guess is that when you cut a major-ass electrical cable with a scissors, your hair stands up a little. :p