Where In The World Are Former Quakes?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Naco, Aug 10, 2008.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. TectonicTakes

TectonicTakes New Member

San Jose Earthquakes
    Uruguay
    Sep 26, 2020
    Simon Dawkins is still training with Tottenham. We caught up with him on Tectonic Takes

3. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Simon Dawkins said he is still with the Spurs but per wiki , he hasn’t signed with a club...

4. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    He hasn't been on a team in a few years, and he's 33, so going to be tough I think...

5. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #2280 falvo, Mar 3, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 3, 2021
    Yeah but according to him, he said he is training with the Spurs and on the team. Not sure if he is on the reserve team or what but don’t think he is playing with a contract.

He wants to come back here eventually. Maybe Frank Yallop, will sign him at Monterey Bay Football Club in the USL Championship for the 2022 season?

6. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He is not a Tottenham player in any way. My guess is that the club are just letting him use their training facilities as a courtesy. It is not uncommon for teams to do this when a player is between teams, especially for a player that had a previous connection to the club. Dawkins came up through their academy.

JazzyJ repped this.
  7. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Yeah I know a lot of ex players train with their former clubs. Not sure how he still has intention of playing as he hasn't played in the last 2 years. It must be difficult to train without getting paid.

8. nivla

nivla Member+

Jan 17, 2003
    Milpitas
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
  9. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  10. Beckham7

Beckham7 Member+

Jul 10, 2001
    Northern, California
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    markmcf8 repped this.
  11. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    markmcf8 and Beckham7 repped this.
  12. NedZ

NedZ Member+

May 19, 2001
    Los Gatos
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  13. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  14. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Fatai was getting runouts for USMNT U23 at one point also IIRC. In retrospect problaby a mistake at #4 overall, but I wouldn't mind having him on the team now as a backup #6. He's much better than Luis Felipe IMO. We have Remedi now but I see the central mid rotation as Yueill-Judson-Remedi; we could use a 4th.

Of course it won't happen because 1) Jesse doesn't value MLS veteran players, and 2) whatever the hell happened in that game in 2018 (not sure, but I suspect Jesse might have made the call to remove Fatai at half - regardless Fatai was gone soon after).

markmcf8 and mjlee22 repped this.
  15. mjlee22

mjlee22 Quake & Landon fan

Nov 24, 2003
    near Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Obviously Jesse played a huge hand in how Fatai's transfer played out, and we have to assume Fatai will never be in a Quakes uniform again while Jesse is here. I really thought Fatai would become a USMNT mainstay, but he never seemed to fully recover after I think it was a sports hernia.

16. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What...
    One, Alashe was never on that trajectory.
    Two, since when are sports hernias something one doesn't fully recover from? Is there any indication that Alashe is still hampered by this?

The bottom line is Alashe went from a somewhat-regular (but never all that impressive) on fairly crappy Quakes teams, to a MLS journeyman, and is now in USL which likely means no MLS team was all that interested in his services (not just "Jesse doesn't like him")....

Alashe will be remembered as the trivia answer for first Quakes player to score at Avaya Stadium, and that's about it.

There is a serious "Lake Wobegon effect" on this board... likely because so few actually pay attention to the rest of MLS and the world of soccer outside this tiny and mostly irrelevant dead end that is the Quakes. Mike Fucito, JJ Koval, Adam Jahn, Fatai Alashe, even our beloved Tommy Thompson.... the list goes on and on.

markmcf8, Earthshaker and Kaitlyn repped this.
  17. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Probably not "USMNT mainstay", but he had 12 caps with U23's and 2 goals. And a call-up to USMNT senior team as a 22-year old.

18. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    January Camp

19. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Had to withdraw due to injury (according to wiki - which is always right!).

20. xbhaskarx

xbhaskarx Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    United States
    Feb 13, 2010
    NorCal
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He did. That was the aforementioned sports hernia. He had the surgery in January after leaving camp. Can't really say he never recovered when he played as many games for the Quakes in 2016 post-injury as he did in his rookie season...

https://www.mlssoccer.com/players/fatai-alashe

His MLS games went
    injury
    8+3

21. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He spent time on the injury list with Columbus and Cinncinatti. So I think injuries mounted. He may be back in the MLS.if he can show improvement to his overall health and fitness. He and Tarbell have something the beloved Thompson will never achieve... And MLS Cup.

And the majority here over rate and under rate 99.9% of the guys who've worn the Quakes shirts since 2008.

markmcf8 repped this.
  22. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Yeah I’m not making the “never recovered from injury” argument.

xbhaskarx repped this.
  23. bsman

bsman Member+

May 30, 2001
    MadCity
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Alashe was a serviceable MLS player. Just like Adam Jahn, Quincy Amarikwa, Shea Salinas, and dozens more former Earthquakes. I can conceive of no way that he'd ever have been much more than that.

Kaitlyn and markmcf8 repped this.
  24. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I liked him, but that’s my Quakes colored glasses talking. We’ve had very few players who would start on most MLS teams. We are not comparable to other MLS clubs. We need a thorough overhaul, from the top down. I don’t see that happening, so I need to figure out now to emotionally disengage.

Go Quakesfans!!

- Mark

25. Kaitlyn

Kaitlyn Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 25, 2014
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We've had retread journeymen in Amarikwa and Salinas instead of going and finding better players.

I agree though of all the guys we've signed or drafted over the years, all of the mentioned, plus Akanyirige, Beason, Calvillo, Haji, Fuentes, Marie, Skahan, Thompson, Walls on our current roster, very likely wouldn't even make the bench for most of the MLS squads. Its a testament to how shitty we are.

SoccerIsOurLife, markmcf8 and bsman repped this.