Where have your seats been?

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by dukedevil0, Jun 20, 2010.

1. dukedevil0

dukedevil0 Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Just wondering if people could post the following:

What match/stadium?
    What general area were your seats in? How was the view?
    What category tickets they were?
    What phase did you buy them?

2. BoughtMyPoints

BoughtMyPoints New Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    We have had mainly Cat 4 seats bought during different phases. The ones we have used have been for Cape Town and Port Elizabeth.

As a smaller stadium, Port Elizabeth does not have a nose bleed section as Cape Town does. That said, I will be sitting in section 6XX for the England game there on Wednesday and hope the view is tolerable.

I'd say 50% of the Phase 1 bought Cat 4 tickets were okay, the rest so-so. However, for our first match France-Uruguay, our seats were front row of the second tier behind the goal and were nothing short of awesome.

Once we got to the last phase where we could pick the block, I have tried where possible to upgrade our Cat 4 tickets and give away the less attractive seats.

We have bought, as well, 4 primo Cat 1 tickets in the latest phase and may do so again for the knock out rounds once the match ups are confirmed. Otherwise, it's too much money at risk and it's just so difficult at this WC to wheel and deal tickets, especially as I am in the Cape.

Out of 3 matches attended so far, there was only 1 where a foreign fan contingent received really good seats (and the other fan contingent had much worse!), otherwise they tend to be stuck towards the corners in the lower tier.

3. Gronum

Gronum Member

Feb 10, 2010
    Club:
    --other--
    Nelspruit - Italy vs NZ
    Behind the posts - great view - could spit on the players:p
    Cat 4
    TST 3 - bought Feb 09 1st phase

Loftus - SA vs Uru
    Almost on the middle line high up great view
    Cat 3
    Dunno - traded with a friend!

Soccer city - Brazil vs I Coast
    Corner high up - great view
    Cat 3
    Dunno traded with another friend

All in all great views - soccer city seats seemed smaller than loftus (or the guy nest to me was a bit larger!)