Where have all of the SOB's gone?

Discussion in 'Sons of Ben' started by aztec21bas, Oct 2, 2012.

1. aztec21bas

aztec21bas BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was quite good. We did not eat at the same time as the players, but there were a few of the non-dressers there. There was some kind of beef, chicken, shrimp, and fish. It was all really good.

2. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's cool. I ate in the Stadium Club for the ASG, because by the time the tickets were available to me, only the $200 tickets were left, which included SC access. Liked the decor, and the spread, though the veal shank they were carving was shoe leather well done.

3. Ruud11

Ruud11 Member

Dec 2, 2009
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Note that all season ticket holders have access to the SC after games. Is handy when the USA is playing, as happened in 2011; was a good atmosphere but drinks are pricy.

4. EmeraldDawn

EmeraldDawn Member+

May 11, 2008
    Brick, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Excited about that for sure. Hopefully we get a Hex game.

5. drewuke

drewuke Member+

Jul 19, 2012
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    All the rumors are pointing to we're not getting one.

6. Slaskwroclaw18

Jun 26, 2011
    Philadelphia, PA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn Lingerie Football League...

7. aztec21bas

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Whar SOB's Whar?

8. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    exiled in the far off land known as the SOB Parking lot?

Handsome Pete repped this.
  9. Phillyspur

Phillyspur Member+

Tottenham Hotspur
    England
    Mar 18, 2007
    Club:
    Tottenham Hotspur FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    That IS a far off land. Are people actually going to switch to that?

10. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I would go to a couple SOB tailgates a year.... but the move basically cuts out any chance I'll attend them now. Keeping my Lot A parking.

11. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I did. I have fully functional legs and many of my friends will be there.

Coonpath and hykos1045 repped this.
  12. jess370

jess370 Member+

Feb 14, 2008
    collingswood
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I switched. I love it. I will now have one long walk in and out. Before I had to drag 80lbs of coolers halfway though lot b to the tailgate and then drag them back and then walk into the stadium.

Coonpath, WVUPharm2007 and buzzkiller23 repped this.
  13. thomas19064

thomas19064 Member+

Apr 29, 2008
    Delco
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    don't get me wrong, from a pure tailgating logistics standpoint it makes total sense to have a designated lot. It's just the location is way out of the way for a lot of people. Especially for people like me where Lot A is ultra convenient for getting to and from the stadium.

14. CallMeMed

CallMeMed Member

Mar 29, 2010
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I sent an email to switch, but (of course) never heard back from anyone. Now my Lot B passes have mysteriously disappeared from my account. I wonder if someone took the B passes off then got distracted by a shiny object before they could ass the SoB passes? If only I knew who my rep was this year... :(

Handsome Pete repped this.
  15. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    According to SoB posts they extended the deadline so they might still be figuring everything out.

16. aztec21bas

Jun 24, 2009
    Mullica Hill, NJ
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ass the SOB passes..... how does one do that? ;)

17. MattyB316

MattyB316 Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Delco, PA (137 H)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    When I ordered my ST this year I never even got a notification or option to buy a parking pass at all, and once I got the email from SOB about the lot, I just shot an email to fan services, heard back the next day. Mulled it over for a few days about if I wanted to make the trek from the SOB lot. I decided I'm planning on going to more than a few tailgates (hopefully) this year so I bought the SOB lot pass. Heard back again the next day saying it was added.

Surprisingly I have had zero problems with fan services so far, although none of my interactions have been through my direct rep yet.

18. jess370

jess370 Member+

Feb 14, 2008
    collingswood
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    I get that, but we really weren't talking about you....We were talking about me and how easy it is for me to get 80 pounds of god forsaken coolers to the tailgate.

Snark aside I will probably need a hand loading and unloading them now that my left shoulder is useless.

19. buzzkiller23

buzzkiller23 Member+

Jan 30, 2009
    Glenolden, PA
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have two hands and like Bearfights. ;)

20. Atomic Fury

Atomic Fury BigSoccer Supporter

Apr 30, 2007
    Pennsylvania
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No wonder you need a pay-to-enter message board.

What are you doing away from your safe zone anyway? Too quiet over there?

21. MattyB316

MattyB316 Member

Mar 30, 2014
    Delco, PA (137 H)
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    Germany
    you do realize that post is like 3 years old right? lol

22. samatwing

samatwing Member

Liverpool FC
    United States
    Dec 2, 2013
    Baltimore, MD
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Posted this in the River End thread, and posting here to:

I've been to a few Union games over the past few years, and I am hooked. I usually sit down by the river end, and love the atmosphere. Thinking about joining SOB but I live in Baltimore, so couldn't make many games. Anyone know if there are members/supporters here in Baltimore? Could be cool to carpool and/or meetup to watch away games. There are lots of DC United fans around here and I can't stand it. Thanks.

23. eric512x

eric512x New Member

Jul 20, 2013
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    From my experience being in the SOB for the last 3 seasons, it's worth it to join either way. I live in Delco, so I am very close to the stadium, but even if I moved, i don't think I would stop being a member. The membership kit alone seems worth the annual membership fee. Also, the discount off of the tailgates is awesome.

Its hard to tell now, but who knows how many SOB members are down in Baltimore. There's bound to be a few. If you have any questions about the benefits of joining, let me know. The more the merrier in DOOPCity, USA!!

Mad Hattah repped this.
  24. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Unified Soccer Championship
    Save the Date! June 7th 10am-1pm

Everyone is invited to help out with the Special Olympics Unified Soccer Championship Games on June 7th at Abraham Lincoln High School at 3201 Ryan Ave, Philadelphia, PA 19136. You can come as early as 7:30/8 am to help set up the days events, then stick around to help with the ceremony and games that will run from 10 am to 1 pm, and then there will be a need to help break down the event as well. And you can come out and cheer on all the teams and players involved!

If you want to help out or come out to cheer on the teams, please email Bill Gusler bill.gusler@sonsofben.com

ericlfd repped this.
  25. msilverstein47

msilverstein47 Member+

Jan 11, 1999
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Hey SoBs, as a thank you for our continued support and passion, the Union have offered the Sons of Ben free tickets (for you and your family) to the 2016 Army-Navy Cup being held at Talen Energy Stadium on Friday, Sept. 23 at 7pm. Tickets are free and you can pick them up at the tailgate on Saturday or a limited number will be available on the capo stand during halftime (do not bother the capos or drummers during the match). There will not be another opportunity to get the tickets before the Cup. Hopefully this will ease the withdraw of live soccer between the 9/10 home match and the 10/1 red bull away match.

“The Army-Navy Cup—pitting the Midshipmen of Navy against the Black Knights of Army, is one of the hottest collegiate soccer rivalries in the country. Crowds of over 10,000 have supported this event each of the last two years here at Talen Energy Stadium, and it continues to grow. If you plan on attending, come early! Toyota Plaza, adjacent to the stadium will be filled with interactive military assets, strength tests, rock wall and all kinds of games. Plus, there will be up to 900 Midshipmen and Cadets in attendance to interact with and active military personnel there to answer your questions too. So, c’mon out and have a great night of soccer & family fun, courtesy of our friends at Philadelphia Union.”

Mad Hattah, hykos1045 and thomas19064 repped this.