Where else but Holland?

Discussion in 'Politics & Current Events' started by Blitzz Boy, Nov 2, 2004.

1. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
  2. Thomas A Fina

Thomas A Fina Member

Mar 29, 1999
    Hell
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But they do have Hello Kitty

3. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    Bla...

I'm off to Damsquare where there is some sort of commemoration/protest thing going on before long. Wouldn't want to miss out on anything big. Although it would be wise for people to keep their cool. Nobody needs tensions to go even further.

It was once a nice and politically calm country. Really.

4. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
    The press report basically cast Theo as spewing hatred toward any western religion. Is that accurate? If so, not a person deserving of commemoration or protest if you ask me.

5. Zamphyr

Zamphyr Member

Mar 31, 2003
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Good for you. Get out there and make some noise.

Damn shame when you get killed for making movies about violence against women.

6. VFish

VFish Member+

Jan 7, 2001
    Atlanta, GA
    Club:
    Atlanta
    <Sigh>, the religion of peace strikes again.

7. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm not defending this murder AT ALL, but based on this quote:

"His many provocative statements including mocking a prominent Dutch Jew, making references to "the rotten fish" of Nazareth and calling a radical Muslim politician "Allah's pimp."

...and some other info in the article, it sounds more like this guy was a provacateur [spelling?] rather than a sincerely concerned social critic.

8. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    Sounds like a mild version of Michael Moore.

9. AFCA

AFCA Member

Jul 16, 2002
    X X X rated
    Club:
    AFC Ajax
    Nat'l Team:
    Iran
    He was mostly a provocateur and I can't say I liked him. Although on the other hand, sometimes he was very right and his provocative way of writing (he was also a well known columnist) was often so far out there that it was pretty funny. I never really appreciated it until lately though. The movie about 'violence against females in islam' was in poor taste and ultra provocative. It was a bit out of line in certain respects.

I used to live about 10 minutes (walking) away from where he was stabbed/gunned down. I used to get my weed next door where it happened.

He also lived around there and I remember calling him an unwashed fat phooking pig once. And to be honest, I still wonder how any woman would ever want to have his baby. He's pretty gross.

But nobody deserves to be stabbed and gunned down for what he said. Maybe get a good kicking, but that's about it.

I went down there mostly out of curiosity... to see what would happen. Police were on the lookout for groups of Ajax fans, Maroccan youths and some provincial skinheads that might clash. Everything remained calm. Probably for the better! But a lot of people agree that it's just a matter of time before things really get out of hand.

FYI, the suspect a 26 year-old Dutch Maroccan is probably a friend of an 18 year-old guy that was arrested not too long ago, suspected of terrorist activities. So far it hasn't been disclosed what was written on the note that was left behind with the victim. From what I understand the note was first pierced with the knife. Pretty movie-like stuff...

10. bigredfutbol

bigredfutbol Moderator
    Staff Member

Sep 5, 2000
    Woodbridge, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can't let that slide. I was NOT giving a reason--legit or otherwise--for the murder. I was just saying that he wasn't just some guy who made a film criticizing violence against women. I just wanted to get a clear handle on the story. But if you want to see that as an opening for a cheap shot, knock yourself out.

11. Belgian guy

Belgian guy Member+

Club Brugge
    Belgium
    Aug 19, 2002
    Belgium
    Club:
    Club Brugge KV
    So you think it is ok for someone to get killed for exercising his right to free speech?

12. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel
    Look at it this way,

Theo was a intellect who expressed what he had in mind. Weather you agreed with him or not, he lost his life trying to say what he has. When Muslims in France burn to death a girl in the 'ghetto projects' for wearing a mini skirt, why souldn't they get murdered....

I think right now, the 1 million (1 in 15 Dutch is a muslim) is going to feel a backlash for this incident, many already came up and accused the muslim comunities of not assimilating and causing internal political/economic strifes!

13. monop_poly

monop_poly Member

May 17, 2002
    Chicago
    Not at all.

14. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Fellow poster Dolemite and I got held up at knifepoint in Amsterdam earlier this year.

15. Kappa18

Kappa18 New Member

Aug 9, 2002
    Toronto, Canada
    Club:
    Beitar Jerusalem FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Israel

Odd...
    Dolemite explained that you got defrauded on your AMEX in the red light district... ;)

Try telling that to your sweetie oie, eh Captain!

16. BenReilly

BenReilly New Member

Apr 8, 2002
    http://news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=story&u=/ap/20041103/ap_en_ot/netherlands_filmmaker_slain_25

17. Dolemite

Dolemite Member+

Apr 2, 2001
    East Bay, Ca

no no no..... it was his Discover card that got funked. Splarg's Amex is fine. :)

18. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
    Are AFCA or Neeskens still around?

This morning, I read on a Right Wing Nutjob web site that:

-A local artist painted a picture that said "Thou Shalt Not Kill" near where Van Gogh was murdered.

-The local authorities painted over it, because it would offend Muslim fundamentalists.

-A reporter was arrested for protesting and a journalist was forced to erase a video that she took of the arrest.

This isn't true, right?

The website that I read made this up, right?

19. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    ''We are not going to tolerate this," Deputy Prime Minister Gerrit Zalm said. ''We are going to ratchet up the fight against this sort of terrorism. The increase in radicalization is worse than we had thought."

http://www.boston.com/news/world/eu...utch_political_leader_cites_arrival_of_jihad/

Gee, maybe Dubya isn't just keeping the masses hypnotized by speaking and acting so candidly against terrorists. Nothing like a death threat directed towards one of your own pinned to a documentary filmmakers dead back, to make you reaize that terror is in fact a threat.

Too bad Dutch can't infiltrate the terror group. Maybe if 3,000 Dutch get blowed up by these jihadists they'd ammend that law.

20. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

without knowing where you got that from, it does sound like a load of crap

21. afgrijselijkheid

Dec 29, 2002
    mokum
    Club:
    AFC Ajax

a lil' help for ya...

1)george bush is president of the united states, not the netherlands... easy mistake there, tiger

2)the dutch police almost immediately arrested the killer, and added 8 more arrests two days later

no, doesn't that just "blowed up" your mind

22. cl_hanley

cl_hanley New Member

Sep 3, 2001
    Costa Mesa
    Yeah, but now you guys won't be getting cool videos from these guys years after the fact saying, "Yup. Still hangin' around. How's that wild goose chase panning out?"

23. Blitzz Boy

Blitzz Boy Member

Apr 4, 2002
    The West Side
  24. 1953 4-2-4

1953 4-2-4 Red Card

Jan 11, 2004
    Cleveland
    Whoosh!