Where does DC United's fanbase live?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by Sanguine, Nov 14, 2003.

1. greenbill

greenbill New Member

Apr 30, 2003
    York, PA
    You're right, I'll go no matter what (although I gotta admit I'd rather see it in the northern surburbs vs. the southern side. :) )

2. DC Loyal

DC Loyal New Member

Mar 19, 2003
    section 134
    Yeah, I THINK it's safe to say that outside DC,VA,MD, that NC has the greatest number of United supporters. And why wouldn't there be. But unlike NHL expansion and Caps fans turning into Hurricane fans I don't think we will see another MLS team in the mid-atlantic/upper S.E. region besides United for a long time to come. I could be wrong but I think another team for the middle of the east coast is way down the list for any MLS expansion. That keeps strong support for United in the region though. First choice would be to keep the team in the district, but I would definately rather see a NoVa move and not a MD one if it had to be.

3. schmuckatelli

schmuckatelli New Member

Nov 10, 2000
    Calvert County, Maryland.

Motto: "It's not the end of the earth, but you can see it from here."

I was torn between voting "Other MD Suburb" and "Outside the DC Metro Area". I guess since we can get the Post for regular subscription prices, we count as suburbs.

4. greatscott

greatscott Member+

Dec 21, 2002
    Richmond
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Richmond, Virginia

5. MeridianFC

MeridianFC Member

Jul 26, 1999
    Washington, DC USA
  6. Detective40oz

Detective40oz Member

Jun 16, 2000
    Fairfax, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Yo Yo Yo

Fairfax City representing!

7. Winoman

Winoman Drinkin' Wine Spo-De-O-De!

Jul 26, 2000
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Vienna, VA

8. sebakoole

sebakoole New Member

Jul 11, 2002
    Silver Spring

9. eldiablito

eldiablito New Member

Jun 8, 2000
    in Sagy's shadow
    Am I correct to assume that if you live in either of the independent cities of Alexandria or Falls Church, you should probably cast your vote as if you live in either Arlington or Fairfax counties--whichever is closer? Otherwise, it skews your geography right? Because, other VA suburbs probably signifies the ones that are farther away (like Loudoun and Prince William) right?

10. Tweaked

Tweaked Member

Jan 30, 2003
    The Hill
    South East DC...7 short blocks from RFK. Therefore I would like a SSS stadium built on the RFK grounds...then I can still drink like a fish before the games.

But seriously, the RFK grounds is one of the best locations, Metro accessible, easy on and off from the highway/beltway for both MD and VA fans, plenty of space for expansion, parking lots already built etc. It's really a no brainer.

11. entropy

entropy Member

Aug 31, 2000
    People's Republic of Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Southwest DC...biznitches.

12. jason1551

jason1551 Member+

Apr 9, 2003
    Columbus, GA
    Club:
    DC United
    Texas. That makes me the farthest so far.

13. Bill-DC

Bill-DC Member+

May 20, 2002
    I'd be pretty pleased with a stadium in Loudoun County although I doubt they one would ever be built there. Residents aren't too pleased with the thought of building a baseball stadium there.

14. IntheNet

IntheNet New Member

Nov 5, 2002
    Northern Virginia
    Club:
    Blackburn Rovers FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Fairfax County!

Love to see DCU get the hell out of the district (I hate area) and relocate in VA (Loudoun or Fairfax County) or maybe even somewhere in MD (who cares) but staying in DC limits the team in so many ways. Even if they have to change their name; i.e., VAU (Virginia United) or MDU (Maryland United) would be better than DCU!

Think About It: Have you ever called this team "District of Columbia United"? I'll bet that never gets said; most say DC United or DCU! So is there an attachment to the District? I thought not!

IntheNet

15. Z010 Union

Z010 Union Moderator
    Staff Member

Mar 28, 2002
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Jesus Jumped Up Christ! What are you smoking son?

16. Knave

Knave Member+

May 25, 1999
    The Lieutenant in Hawaii has us all beat,
    even the California and Oregan contingent.

17. Tweaked

Tweaked Member

Jan 30, 2003
    The Hill
    I say The District of Columbia United all the time ;)

18. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    Apparently, he is unfamiliar with DC's Best - so I can only blame the inferior crack from Virginia.

Remember: DC's Best - The only Marion Barry Approved Crack!

[insert funny photoshop image of Marion Barry holding a crack pipe and giving a thumbs up]

19. revelation

revelation Member+

Dec 17, 1998
    FC St. Pauli
    Club:
    FC Sankt Pauli
    When asked where I am from, I say DC. So yes, I do believe that DC United has strong affiliations with DC and everyone knows what DC stands for... :rolleyes:

20. sch2383

sch2383 New Member

Feb 14, 2003
    Northern Virginia
    Lake Ridge (really its part of Woodbridge, but we don't like to admit that).

21. Doug Dobey

Doug Dobey New Member

Nov 27, 1999
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm in Richmond.

When I travel to DCU games I like the straight shot up 395 to RFK. Building the SSS there would suit me fine, though we'd have to make a much better deal with the Stadium/Armory people. For purely aesthetic reasons I'd prefer it to be in town. That said, I'd travel anywhere in the area to see DCU play. I doubt I'll be able to avoid the mixing bowl no matter where it's built.

22. dcunited4life

dcunited4life New Member

Oct 5, 2001
    Seoul
    Baltimore city by the harbor. The city that bleeds, I mean reads. Hon.

23. gunner_21

gunner_21 New Member

Apr 15, 2002
    Cumberland, Maryland
    I'm way out in western MD. 2 hr trip each way to see United so as long as a new stadium isn't any further east I'll be just fine. :)

24. rwhgeek

rwhgeek Member

Aug 5, 2002
    Richmond, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Another Richmondite in the house. Moved this summer from Arlington been season ticket holder for 5 years and will be again next year. The drive up sucks but it is worth it to see stellar offensive displays, wonderful sportsmanship, true teamwork, speed in the midfield, and players in their prime. Someday I might get to see that from DCU again until then thank God for visiting teams.

25. dcajedi

dcajedi Member

Jul 16, 2001
    Philadelphia
    Originally from Northwest DC, six blocks from the Friendship Heights Metro; at school in Philadelphia.