Where does Colombia stand at the moment?

Discussion in 'Colombian National Team' started by dapip, Aug 29, 2007.

1. JPAcolombia9

JPAcolombia9 Member

Oct 27, 2006
    de acuerdo. ferreira fue el unico que dio 100%

2. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--
    contame... si Ferreira es tan crack, porque nos metieron 9 goles contra 2?
    no de digas que Ferreira dio 100% y el resto de el equipo no dio nada y eran una cantidad de troncos.. (excepto Troncallega, claro :D)

A donde estan la cantidad de pases que Ferreira metio que se convirtieron en goles???

Una cosa es que el Ferreira haya jugado bien y haya dado el 100%..
    otra cosa es si el tiene la capacidad de guiar y armar el equipo.. y no la tiene.

Lo mismo paso con Troncallega.. el hombre las corrio y las peleo todas.. tiene ganas y dedicacion.. pero futbolisticamente no le alcanza para mas.. el man no la puede meter asi tenga el arco solo por delante..

Necesitamos jugadores con capacidad para guiar al medio campo..

3. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Ferreira should start, but he needs competent players around him. I don't know any players that can carry a team by himself. All talented players usually have a pretty talented team.

4. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--
    I have seen players that can carry the team by themselves without having a team of stars around them.. El Pibe could make great plays in the NT and in the Tampa Bay Mutiny which wasn't exactly a team of star players.. all he needed was one good forward (Roy Lassiter) to score on his passes..

Players like El Pibe, Riquelme and Maradona could / can take an average team and make it into something else.
    Ferreira is obviously not in that league of players and never will be.

Again, since Pinto is only playing with three offensive players (not counting Castrillon who is a mixed midfielder) you need someone who can make accurate passes.. not a dribbler..

Look at the goal difference in the last 5 games:
    11 goals against, 6 goals scored..

Look at the goal difference in the last 2 games:
    2 goals against, 3 goals scored..

this is not exactly an offensive team.. anyone who thinks we are going to qualify to the WC with that type of offense is dreaming..

5. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    you are counting the flukes in the Copa America, before that we weren't so bad...if you count the 5-0 and the 4-2, things are a bit diff, plus its diff defense and diff. offense from the other games. Your making an analysis based on two different squads, the last two having very different players.

6. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--
    I knew that was coming, which is why i included the numbers of the "new" team... read above..

Look at the goal difference in the last 2 games:
    2 goals against, 3 goals scored..

two games is not a lot to go by, we will see how we do today, but things don't look promising.. remember, the same guy is running the both teams (Copa America and post-Copa America)

7. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Pibe didn't carry Tampa Bay to anything. And on the NT he had tons of talented players around him. Rincon, Leonel, Asprilla, they all weren't that good huh :rolleyes::confused:

Riquelme and Maradona were on average teams.

Pass it to who to the 3 guys that are behind him, not making runs. Or to one of the 2 forwards that are playing against 4 defenders.

And you just found out that it's not a offensive team :confused: The guy is playing a 4-3-1-2.

8. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--
    Dude, do your research..
    The first year el Pibe was in Tampa Bay the team were first in the East Division..
    the year El Pibe wasn't in the team (1998), Tampa Bay didn't even make the Playoffs..

Exactly my point..

2007's Boca is not exactly a team filled with stars.. and yet Riquelme carried the team to Win La Copa Libertadores this year.. do you really think Boca is going to win it again this year without Riquelme...
    i will bet you money they are not.

Riquelme also carried Villareal further in the UEFA than what they have ever been before..
    look at Villareal now.. they suck..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juan_Román_Riquelme

"Riquelme' is often cited as the main factor in Villarreal's ascendancy in La Liga and the UEFA Champions League through the 2004-05 and 2005-06 seasons"

Look at what Maradona did for Napoli:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Diego_Maradona
    "He subsequently went to Serie A and SSC Napoli for another record fee, £6.9m, and became an adored star among the club's fans, as he elevated the team to its most successful era. Napoli won their only Italian Championships (1986/87 and 1989/1990), a Coppa Italia (1987), a UEFA Cup (1989) and an Italian Supercup (1990). Napoli were also runners-up in the Italian Championship twice, in 1987/88 and 1988/89."

El Pibe was not the greatest dribbler in the world.. he was better at making very accurate passes..
    Araujo is a far better dribbler than McNelly is.. and yet he sucks at creating any offensive plays because
    he thinks he can dribble half the defense and ends up losing the ball..

Dude, how long you've been watching soccer?
    A 4-3-1-2 with 3 purely creative players is not offensive!!
    A 4-3-3 with 5 or 4 purely creative players is offensive..
    go and watch some world cup videos from older world cups to see what offensive soccer is!

9. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I see you very conveniently skipped the part about Pibe and the NT. Pibe could not have done it alone on the NT.

Wow! Tampa won the East in 98 and then what?

Let me tell you what I wrote cause you obviously did not read it correctly. "and you just found out that ITS NOT an offensive team the guy is playing a 4-3-2-1 :rolleyes:

10. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--
    This was my original statement.
    "Players like El Pibe, Riquelme and Maradona could / can take an average team and make it into something else."

Dude, why do you keep on arguing the obvious..
    I have proven that Riquelme and Maradona have taken their respective (average) teams to new heights.

The only year when el Pibe wasn't playing with Tampa Bay, the team didn't make the playoffs. This is clear proof that the El Pibe was able to carry a poor team to better performance.

I never said that El Pibe was going to take a bad team and make them World Champions.. obviously he needed better players to do that..
    and yes he had good company in the NT.. he couldn't have done it by himself.. but my original statement is that Ferreira and McNelly are NOT in the same league of El Pibe, and they are not able to carry the NT, they just don't have what it takes..

That is just obvious..

11. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    2 games is utterly impossible in judging the outcomes of our progress, particularly when the game against Mexico had Rodallega as a starter and was full of substitutes and tactical try-outs.

The Peru game was a bit more, but the Goalie isn't going to be used and the defense is being revamped with Bustos. The thing is, I see your point, but you can't judge this team based on two games.

Would you say Bielsa is doing a worse job with Chile, we won a game and tied another, with good futbol I would say, at least compared to COpa America. Whereas Bielsa lost the 1st and won the second...hmmm, I wouldn't say that about Bielsa, so why are you saying it about this team? And don't give me that nonsense about "well, bielsa is a god and pinto sucsk"...thats not an adequate response.

12. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY

Hey the funny thing is that if we handed the Colombian National Team over to you, you would more than likely fail miserably, worse than Pinto. And then there would be a guy on here, just like you, calling you garbage and a horrible coach. Isn't that funny?

13. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why do you start rambling about Mara and Ricky were my comment in post 109 made no mention of them again?

So Ferreira and Torres are not Pibe thanks for the info :rolleyes:

Maybe you can also respond to how I said "and you just found out that its not an offensive team"

and your exact words were
    "Dude, how long you've been watching soccer?
    A 4-3-1-2 with 3 purely creative players is not offensive!! :p
    A 4-3-3 with 5 or 4 purely creative players is offensive..
    go and watch some world cup videos from older world cups to see what offensive soccer is! "

I get it Mara, Ricky and Pibe make there teams great. To bad none of them play for us now.
    Ferreira, Torres and Arujo cant. So I guess we should not depend on one player but see if we can get a team together.

14. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--
    Game number three is over, with a full squad, at home....
    wow, what display of soccer.. what a team! :D
    what do you say now?

15. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--
    I am not a coach by profession, but if i was, i probably wouldn't have taken the job, and if i did, i wouldn't have put Troncallega as a starter in three games, that is for sure.. :D

I am sure a few professional journalists in Colombia could do a better job than Pinto!

16. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--
    I was just criticizing the way Pinto plays with only one creative midfield player, either McNelly, Gio, Araujo or Ferreira.. and my point is: That is not enough, none of those guys are good enough to carry a whole team by themselves like Mara, Riquelme or El Pibe can.

Then everyone started telling me how great McNelly and Ferreira are, etc etc..
    Well, i have been proven right again after game #3 post-Copa-America.... please tell me how great McNelly is.. who did the pass for the goal?

tell me now.. do you really think we are going to make it to the world cup by playing with only three creative players?
    Who was the best Colombia player in game #3? Julio...
    what does that tell you?

17. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    Your correct, McNelly did ab. nothing. He was nonexistant. The squad isn't so bad, I hate to sound like a broken record, but there are many things to change on this team. Pinto himself admitted it. The strikers are there and the defense is good, with Perea being one of my few defensive worries. I think Velez, Bustos and Mosquera have alot of great game to offer. I think Anchico, Araujo and McNelly should go. I think we should have Aldo, Giovanny and maybe Grisales in this squad. But then again, I don't have every WC game taped and converted to dvds sitting in my mom's basement like you, so I don't know much about soccer.

Ehh, there are problems too solve but your constant bickering reminds me of a 12 year-old girl complaining and nagging, complaining and nagging. Man I wish you would dissappear, you make this board boring and you argue with everybody, I bet you don't get out much.

Oh and we need Chitiva, it sucks he was hurt before these games came along...

18. Alonso#13

Alonso#13 Member

Feb 21, 2007
    New York City
    The problem is that the team has gone into this mode where they think it is OK to go long ball on every play and if they magically do score a goal its time to send all elevene players into ultra defensive mode. There have been people that have said Pinto is crap one minute then the next they are saying "In Pinto We Trust" you can tell this guy is very stubborn and he is not going to change his style of play. The only reason i will watch the game vs. Brazil is since i love the Colombian NT but i think that can be the game to send Pinto packing.

19. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--
    who was the one crying like a 4 year old girl when some people criticized you ignorant comments?
    Didn't you say we hurt your feelings and you weren't coming back?
    Why are you here? we didn't beg you to come back...
    If you don't like my posts, nobody is forcing you to read them.. nobody is forcing you reply to them..
    At least i care to learn about soccer, make interesting points and have good arguments.. you know nothing and the genetic pool didn't provide you with enough hardware to argue about anything :D
    bye...

20. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    How in the hell did I manage to get into a tough law program with my lack of genetic hardware...oh my!

21. yj777

yj777 Member

Jun 28, 2007
    Bogota, Colombia
    Club:
    --other--
    please, lawyers are a dime a dozen..
    a million starving English major graduates become lawyers because they get tired of waiting tables..
    take the Mensa test and pass it with a 99 percentile and we'll talk...

22. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    Anyways.......Real Madrid invested some money into Colombia for making some soccer schools. Good news for our 2018 national team...

Crearan una Fundación 'Real'
    Sep 12 de 2007

La presidencia de Colombia anunció la firma en los próximos dÍas del protocolo para la constitución de la Fundación Amigos del Real Madrid en Colombia, con la que se buscará crear escuelas deportivas en 60 municipios del paÍs.

La Fundación se iniciará en 2008 con un programa piloto de formación de niños y jóvenes que tendrán la posibilidad de participar en las escuelas deportivas que impulsa la organización del Real Madrid.

Al acto de lanzamiento del programa, que fue presentado en la Casa de Nariño, asistieron el vicepresidente de la República, Francisco Santos; y el ministro de Agricultura, Andrés Felipe Arias, al igual que Yohanny Andrade, director Ejecutivo de la Fundación Amigos del Real Madrid en Colombia.

También estuvo presente Carlos Salazar Bernal, presidente de la Fundación 2020, promotora de la suscripción del protocolo de creación de la entidad.

El protocolo de creación será suscrito próximamente por el periodista deportivo Javier Hernández Bonett, los técnicos de fútbol Hernán DarÍo Gómez y Santiago Escobar, y los jugadores Alexis GarcÍa, Mauricio Alberto Serna, Leonel Alvarez y Luis Alfonso Fajardo.

23. sysco76

sysco76 Member

Oct 11, 2004
    Potomac Falls
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I already know this :rolleyes: I haven't heard any one say 1 of our creative players is going to carry the team.

I wouldn't blame the players so much as Pinto's formation and strategy.

That we're not that good. Did you just figure this out?

24. Caturro

Caturro Member

Aug 3, 2004
    Chile
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    Bielsa has been coaching Chile for the grand total of two games... don't know if his process with Chile, in particular, can be compared with Pinto's. People are happy in Chile because ever since the very first day of training he's been advocating a concept... while Acosta would only worry about calling up the best "fit" players without invoking any sort of tactical mode to the team.

In other words, Chile finalmente juega a algo. There's an underlying idea behind every single training exercize. Best of all, it seems the players believe his concept works. People were happy after the game against Switzerland (which we should've tied... Suazo's goal was wrongly called off) because you could see a change of disposition in the players and, most importantly, a change of attitude. Nobody thinks we can beat Argentina at this point but were are genuinely happy that even if we lose we won't look as pathetic as we did during the Copa America.

As far as Colombia goes... I thought some passages of the game against Peru were good. For a while the long balls stopped and the Colombians finally realized it's better to do what they do best: el pase corto, el desequilibrio en 3/4 de cancha. But that only lasted for 10 or 15 minutes... so I share the common sentiment of the Colombian futbol fan in general. Pinto seems to be imposing an idea that is unnatural ad unfit for the characteristics of the Colombian player.

25. MrPaisa

MrPaisa New Member

Jul 17, 2007
    Madison, NY
    My problem is people's ludricous and stupid obessesion with taking Pinto off the national team. It won't help us, at least not now,and please can we talk about something else? How many arguments can people have over Pinto. Jeez, it's like a bunch of retarts turning around a card that reads "Please turn over" on both sides. We're not doing anything else, let's talk about players, game formations, stadiums, transfers, Colombian women. Pero ya, a mi me gustaria otro DT tambien, pero van a cambiar DT un mes antes de vernos con Brasil, no sea gueva yeiyei.