Where do away teams stay in DC?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by soccerbarbie, Aug 6, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    soccerbarbie...ignore these jerks, they just sit around all day waiting for a chance to make fun of people. anyway, my wife works in pr for a pretty high profile firm and one of her clients is mls. so, I asked her if she ever talked with players. i couldn't believe it, but she actually chats with him via the web and pm's him here on bigsoccer...his screenname is "Upper90s"

2. saroccer

saroccer New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Atl/Kabul
    you could have sold that information to his groupies and contributed to our 'buy a goal' fund.

3. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, you're going to Hell

4. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does your Mom know you're using the internet without parental supervision???

TS.

5. saroccer

saroccer New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Atl/Kabul
    awww, leave her alone - she's buying tickets and supporting MLS, remember?

6. andylovesoccer

Sep 2, 2000
    Asheville, NC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sorry

I think it was the word "barbie" that set me off

7. Lanky134

Lanky134 New Member

Oct 25, 1999
    134, 3, 6
    Sod that. She lives in VA and supports a West Coast team because one of the players is cute? Eternal scorn from this keyboard...

Dave

8. saroccer

saroccer New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Atl/Kabul
    okay, that's a good point BUT she's young - and may suddenly discover the charms of one of our players as she gets older...Benny, maybe?

Besides, I live in Atlanta and have started supporting DCU (in the middle of their goal-less streak). So it balances out. ;)

9. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't because DCU is the closest MLS team to you?!?!?

TS.

10. saroccer

saroccer New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Atl/Kabul
    No, b/c I'm moving to DC next year. Still, I don't I get some extra credit points? :)

by the way, I bet soccerbarbie is long gone - harassing landon...

11. 79United

79United Member

Apr 10, 2000
    SW DC
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Glad to hear it.

TS.

12. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    You sure do.

But couldn't you also say that since you have been a DC fan we have never scored a goal? And by that basically BECAUSE you are a United fan we don't score anymore and never will again?

Wow, thanks a lot!!

;)

13. saroccer

saroccer New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Atl/Kabul
    or we could say that Benny's ankle got better b/c of me...

either way you want to look at it. :)

14. soccerbarbie

soccerbarbie New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    VA
    say what you want.. you don't know me and i wasn't asking this for landon.. yes i met him.. yeah he one of my fav players... but i'm not askin to go stalk him ok.. theres a whole team i wanna see.. the earthquakes .. not just landon

15. soccerbarbie

soccerbarbie New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    VA

i'm not long gone.. just out having a life and no i am not harrassing landon... like i said before you have no idea what your talking about

16. soccerbarbie

soccerbarbie New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    VA
    thanks i think you may be the only friendly person on here.. sorry i started all these problems... but wait talks to who? and thats really cool.. your wife is really lucky!

17. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    We really should stop. If she didn't get TEConnors post, then we should stop.

18. eltico

eltico Member

Jul 16, 2000
    No.

Our team is bad.

We need to get our fun somewhere.

And at the expense of a groupie of a teen idol on the best team is a fine place to get it.

Right up there with making up rumors that Petke, Diallo, Meola, and Vermes are all going to be traded to DC for Olsen, Convey, and Reyes.

19. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    Our team isn't bad anymore!

The "Magic Square" (Olsen, Etch, Moreno, Pope) will take the field together for the first time in over 2 years this Saturday. Throw in Convey to make a Pentagon and we're set.

20. soccerbarbie

soccerbarbie New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    VA
    look sorry i cause such a huge problem.. i don't understand how you guys can be this way if you don't even know me.. i didn't do anything wrong. I asked a simple question and only wanted a simple answer.. i'm not a groupie.. i love the earthquakes.. not just landon... but hey think whatever you want

21. Th4119

Th4119 Member

Jul 26, 2001
    Annandale, VA
    How did you start liking the Earthquakes if you live here, and don't have any bias necessarily towards DC teams, shown by you affiliation with the Freedom?

22. soccerbarbie

soccerbarbie New Member

Jul 5, 2002
    VA
    no i used to love DC.. then they traded everyone and i started not liking the team as much anymore. So i started liking the Earthquakes and then Jeff Agoos started playing for them in 2001 and they became my fav.. and yes i love freedom because my idol is on the team and i go to every game i can

23. TEConnor

TEConnor New Member

Feb 22, 1999
    OK, we'll stop now.

The reason you got so much harassment was because you live in VA and route for a team 3000 light-years away, which is akin to blasphemy in our eyes. All of us, on the otherhand, have suffered through with the team and continued to support the great players like Pope, Etcheverry, Olsen, Moreno, and even Richie Williams (redux). We view this thing as a long-term deal and have had to endure people turning on the team and generally giving us hell for four years. We have nothing left but loyalty and we react irrationally all the time because, well, we're pretty much certifiably insane at this point. But, generally, we're very nice people. Harmless and nice, yet full of scorn for what we perceive to be traitorous minions of satan. Perhaps you don't fit the bill. But then again, you are digging yourself a hole here.

And just so you know: my post up above about the pr thing, my wife, and "Upper90s" was a joke. A cruel one...but a joke nonetheless. I thought it was incredibly obvious, but evidently not. Oh, and a little advice, stay away from La Norte and any guys named Pepe wearing Donovan shirts.

Cheers,
    Tim

24. uniteo

uniteo Member+

Sep 2, 2000
    Rockville, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You were treading a thin line with eternal damnation there Tim. Like throwing a kitten to a wolf.

Barbie, who's your idol? Jim Gabarra? Seriously, could it possibly be someone other than Mia? Not that that would be a bad choice, I'm just waiting to hear someone say, "my hero is Jen Grubb" (or Emmy Barr, or Jacklar Little...but not Siri Mullinix, 'cause while she's good, she is a goalkeeper).

25. saroccer

saroccer New Member

Jul 19, 2002
    Atl/Kabul
    love the bs tangents...

i think we should suggest some alternatives to landon to get soccerbarbie back in the mix, suggestions people?

btw, soccerbarbie - i was on your side missy. I could relate, i remember back in the day when I became interested in soccer and had a crush on tony meola. little did I know that my love would be spurned and heart would be broken by his other loves, acting and the Jets. aaah, youthful love.

but you, like tony, rejected my support so I say this: i was going to give you Landon's real screen name but won't now.

:p