where can i get DCU flag(s)?

Discussion in 'D.C. United' started by ironduke2010, Jul 17, 2006.

1. ironduke2010

ironduke2010 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    A2, MI USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    hey guys, i've been a dcu fan since that first 1996 season, but moved away just before the 2000 season started. since then i've been to whatever dcu games i could get to, mostly in columbus and chicago.

my last dcu game at rfk must have been way back 2002 (though i managed to make dcu v chelsea last year). at that time i didn't notice the cool DCU flags that i see all over rfk now. i've noticed crew and fire flags popping up too.

where can i get some dcu flags? how much $ are these things? you guys who have been to other stadiums with them, do you have any problems getting them in? (i know crew stadium keeps out flagpoles during international games, but i see poles during league games, not sure if they have a special arrangement or not with crew).

i would love to show up at dcu games in chicago or columbus (or toronto) with a DCU flag.

2. dcsundevil2002

Apr 20, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    we ask before bringing Barra flags into other stadiums.

4. dadman

dadman Yo soy un papa

DC United
    United States
    Apr 13, 2001
    Reston, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You can get this

[​IMG]

here.

You can get this small stick flag

[​IMG]

here.

Sorry that neither one is the classic shield-on-black. Maybe someone else can help.

edited to say: I see that dcsundevil2002 already has...

5. enalexander

enalexander Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Delaware & La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I got mine off of Ebay. There's a guy that's selling 3x5 ones right now for $50, but I got a 3x5 from another guy for $27. His store is called "Pins n Patches Pad". Right now he has most MLS team flags, but none for United. If you keep an eye on it every now and then, he'll get some more. It seems like he runs out of United ones pretty regularly. Here's the link to his store:

http://stores.ebay.com/Pins-n-Patches-Pad

You can see the other MLS flags that he has there.

6. dcsundevil2002

Apr 20, 2006
    Ashburn, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Actually, another way to get one and a more round about way is to have someone pick you up one at the next home game. I bought one at the Wednesday night, 5-1 drubbing of the Crew. I think it was $25 or so.

7. SavannahFan

SavannahFan New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    RFK Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Kinda on the subject...

Does anyone have a decent pic of one of the flags that fans of EPL clubs make, the ones with the white background and red cross across the front. If memory serves, they have black lettering for the town/club name superimposed onto the red cross.

Reason is, I wanted to dress up the DC City flag that I purchased (white with the three red stars at the top and two red stripes in the middle), and kinda mimic the EPL flags, by placing lettering on the DC flag in the same manner.

Thanks

8. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    those would be called English flags, that's why they use them specially when nats play :p

you mean this
    [​IMG]

9. SavannahFan

SavannahFan New Member

Nov 8, 2005
    RFK Section 135
    Club:
    DC United
    Thx Bulldog

Guess I could cut out white lettering and have em sewed onto the red stripes of the DC city flag, that might look cool.

10. ironduke2010

ironduke2010 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    A2, MI USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  11. BigKris

BigKris Member

Jan 17, 2005
    Falls Church, VA
    Ah, THOSE flags. Well, to get one of those, you have to come to a United game, stand in the Barra, offer to wave it, and then try to sneak out with it at the end of the game without letting Srdan see you.

I keed, I keed! :p

12. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    that's basically it, however risk is that if I catch you I'll break your leg CSC style :D

13. Sachin

Sachin New Member

Jan 14, 2000
    La Norte
    Club:
    DC United
    That's why I keep a beer handy to toss to you as distraction. Works every time, assuming I don't drink it first. :)

Sachin

14. dcchelseafc

dcchelseafc Moderator
    Staff Member

DC United
    Sep 2, 2005
    Naptown
    Club:
    DC United
    i belive correct if if im wrong but I think Riz is working on the dc flag with united on it.

BTW you can always throw beer my way to distract me :)

15. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    I haven't had time lately (*shakes fist in work's general direction*), but I have been sketching that flag out.

Also, a Bozilla-specific flag is in the works. :D

16. jgildea8

jgildea8 New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Capitol Hill
    I think the white of the DC Flag should stay, but I like the black lettering on the red.
    We could also have our town names on them.
    So Capitol Hill, and Adams Morgan. . .No Virginia flags! but I do not suppose it would hurt to have a dc flag for DCU and have Alexandria (for example) on it.
    We do still love our outside the district fans.

17. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    :D

[​IMG]

next in work is Barra Brava Salt Lake City :D

18. jgildea8

jgildea8 New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Capitol Hill
    This is gonna turn into a 'Fight Club' situation and people are going to realize that we are building an army!

19. ironduke2010

ironduke2010 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    A2, MI USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so, i take it BBBulldog is the flagmaster around here then? i'll probably just end up with a generic one off ebay, but i like the locale specific ones idea. in fact, with all the people moving in and out of DC, i'd bet there is more DCU diaspora out there than other MLS teams (certainly more loyal anyway)....

20. fatbastard

fatbastard Member+

Aug 1, 2003
    Lincoln (ish), Va
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so, does anyone know if the $27 flags on ebay mentioned in like the second or third post are two-sided? If so, I believe I'll order one. I have an old logo flag, but I don't like to take it out of the house.

21. jgildea8

jgildea8 New Member

Feb 22, 2002
    Capitol Hill
    I am sure Riz would be more than happy to rep A. Morgan, and there are quite a few hill people.
    I bet we could find enough to cover the whole balcony railing.
    It does reek of effort though. hmmmm...

22. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sardine, that is NOT the flag of MoCo. ;)

And yes, I'd be reppin' Adams Morgan. We got a ton of Hill folks, and a good amount of Shaw up in here as well.

23. BBBulldog

BBBulldog Moderator
    Staff Member

Jun 25, 2004
    Dinamo Zagreb
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Croatia
    Flag of MoCo is appropriate for RSL matches, not DC ones so it had to be redesigned :D

24. Riz

Riz Member+

Nov 18, 2004
    R-ville, Murrlin
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Sadly true...

[​IMG]

25. ironduke2010

ironduke2010 Member

Mar 18, 2005
    A2, MI USA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    old logo. that is cool.

i gotta question, if i wanted to make my own flags somehow, are there any copyright/trademark issues involved with the current or old logo or DCU stuff i may find on the internet? ie, ones that would make me not want to do it?

clearly, this stuff is just popping into my head now, so sorry if this is an old topic somehow...