Where are you from?

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by biosoccer, Sep 4, 2002.

1. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    One night my parents opened a bottle of wine, a Perez Prado record, got naked and the rubber had a hole in it...oh, you don't want that much detail.

At any rate, I was born in Columbus, Ohio. Both parents are from the independant and constitutional province of Callao, Peru.

I wonder how the history lessons in chilenoo's home will remember Callao with such a mix of Chile and Ecuador and the past battles with Peru. :D Just remember kids, Peru could not be invaded by the Spanish or Chile through Callao. They had to go to less defended parts of Peru.

After life's many curve balls, I went to Peru one more time to see family and married a girl from Callao. I didn't plan it and nobody introduced us. I simply went to the national museum and started dropping the base on this cute little security guard. I invited her to lunch that afternoon and we dated for 4 months and were married.

My family kept asking me when the baby was due, considering that we married so soon because she must have been pregnant, but I skipped the family tradition of metiendo la pata. She was not, we had not, ok? OK. :D

My dad came to the USA over 30 years ago, sent for his wife and two kids six months later. I was born about 10 months after that reunion. I guess my dad and mom were happy to see each other.

Since Guardia Chalaca was gone by the time I learned of soccer, Sport Boys was my team. That and the fact that my uncle was the past president and a current director and my family actually started the darn club back in 1927!

Sadly, my dad played youth soccer for La U (Lima) and my mom never liked soccer, I am the only Boys fan in the family. Metrocorazon thinks I have never heard the pink jersey cracks before he and all Gore invented the internet. I was thinking that I could support Alianza Lima but was told at an early age that you had to be black to support them.

Any questions?

2. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

Yes, can you tell the brand of the rubber your parents bought! :D

3. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I put USA because I was born in The USA.

Father is from Argentina

Mother is from Ecuador.

I spent 4 years in Argentina

Never been to Ecuador...

4. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    A presentation!

I must be the last ConMeBol poster to answer to this thread so here we go...

Info about vico...

vico was born in Stockholm, Sweden were he is still living. He sees himself as a Swede of peruvian origin so yes he enjoyed that freekick goal by Anders Svensson against Argentina in the WC (he wanted argies to defeat England though)...

He is 1,80 meters tall very handsome with brown eyes and long dark brown hair mostly tied up in a sexy pony tail...

vico belongs to the mestizo race...

vico is heterosexual...

vico was a promising football player until he's trainer one day caught him smoking weed on a training camp...

5. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: A presentation!

vico was a promising football player until he's trainer one day caught him smoking weed on a training camp... [/B][/QUOTE]\

Vico wasn't very bright

6. chibchab

chibchab Member

Jul 8, 2002
    New Jersey
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You know the good things in life

7. AtNacional

AtNacional Member

Apr 8, 2002
    Washington DC
    his teams are not those good things in his life.

8. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    :D

9. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    Re: A presentation!

Then you're a hit between all that blondies hotties!!! My best friend went to Stockholm and told me he was a shocker in the discoteques! and he's a lil bit like you

A pasmadooooooooo!!!!!! :D

10. Garcia

Garcia Member

Dec 14, 1999
    Castro Castro
    Inca Warrior Ribbed.

11. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

Thanks for the info :D

12. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    Ok, time for a Comnebol census in BS

Since I joined this place I've been interested to know the 'demography' of the south-american fans here in Bigsoccer.

I've noticed there are more colombians than anyone else (time for an own Colombia forum?). Then followed by peruvians.

Although there aren't much regular brazilians, they are on par with the argentineans. But the argies on BS are on the verge of extinction thanks to red cards. :)

I've noticed a few ecuatorians and chileans as well.

guri is probably the only uruguayan I've seen here so far.

So everyone from Comnebol here time to attend the great BS call!

MIGkiller, from Brazil - presente!

13. vico

vico Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Stockholm, Sweden
    lately there have been quite a few venezolanos joining these forums

i have never seen a paraguayan on these boards though

14. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Bolivia presente'

15. metrocorazon

metrocorazon Member

May 14, 2000
    French Guyana in DA HIZZOUZZEE!

16. MIGkiller

MIGkiller Member+

Flamengo
    Brazil
    May 9, 2003
    Rio de Janeiro
    Club:
    Flamengo Rio Janeiro
    Nat'l Team:
    Brazil
    How is that saying again?

"Hey you're not from Comnebol! Take your team to CONCACAF like Surinam!"

;)

17. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    Re: Ok, time for a Comnebol census in BS

if you stick the 5 colombians to a 'colombian room or forum', we will die alone in there. That is why the open room of southamerica is more of a forum.

Brazil at times is hardly visited and the 5 brazileans experience lack of discussions.... It sort of happen in the mexico Forum, when I created teams forums, the so called fans hardly used, and most of the issues were discussed or posted in the general mexico forum.

I just stick the demographics of the visitors to the forum, feel free to vote.

18. MathuzaLem

MathuzaLem New Member

May 30, 2003
    SP, Brazil
    onde estão os paraguaios???

19. IncaEnclave

IncaEnclave Member

Aug 24, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Peru
    paraguayans don't know how to type....just kidding....peru/USA presente

20. MetroChile

MetroChile Member+

Jan 13, 2001
    NJ; Valpo.
    Club:
    Santiago Wanderers
    Nat'l Team:
    Chile
    I was born and raised in Valparaiso, Chile in 1986. I went to my 1st soccer game when I was like 3, although I didn't pay much attention--it was between now champs Cobreloa and Catolica. In 95 I went to my 1st Stgo. Wanderers game, we bat Audax in Stgo. to be crowned 2nd division champions. In 96, out of 15 home games, I missed 2 (agaisnt Cobreloa and U de Chile--both played in Vina del Mar). My 1st chilean national team game was when we beat Uruguay 1-0 in 96. I also went to our 7-0 thrashing of Armenia in Vina del Mar in the summer of 97. My last Stgo. Wanderers game was a pre-season friendly against then Estay's Toluca in the summer of 99. I'm 16 now, and I've been living in New Jersey, USA since March 99.

21. EL MONO MARIO

EL MONO MARIO Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Montevideo, Uruguay
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ARGENTINA/ ECUADOR! PRESENTE!!!!!

22. loloy_vinotinto

loloy_vinotinto New Member

Mar 22, 2003
    Maracaibo, Venezuela
    Born in Maracaibo, Venezuela. Moved to Cambridge, Massachusetts (USA) when I was 8. Moved back to Maracaibo when I was 10. When I was 17 I moved to Vordingborg, Denmark for a year... Currently living in Maracaibo, not knowing if I'm satying or going...

Influenced by some Italian family, as well as Colombian... but for the most I'm Venezuelan and darn proud of it...

Forza Italia!
    Dale, dale Vinotinto!
    jeg er ogsa en roligan! Danmark!

PS: I know I'm not the only venezuelan...where are you ppl?

23. azul

azul New Member

Dec 2, 2001
    Seoul, Korea
    Born in USA. Moved to Mexico for 2-3 years back in 1995, and somehow 8 years later we are still here. Glad we have access to Fox Sports World.

24. pitufina

pitufina New Member

Jun 30, 2003
    Berkeley, CA
    Nacida en Palo Alto, California pero creci y soy colombiana de corazon.

Asi que vote como colombiana.

Vivi en Madrid en los tiempo de la quinta del Buitre, asi que desde entonces soy fiel seguidora del Real Madrid.

De Millonarios soy seguidora desde que tengo nocion de existencia.

25. MikeyPez

MikeyPez New Member

Jun 19, 2003
    Jersey City NJ
    Born and raised in Jersey City, NJ but my dads form Ecuador and mom's from italy. I've spent many summers in ecuador and love it. If the economy was better there i'd move there for good.