Where are you from?

Discussion in 'CONMEBOL' started by biosoccer, Sep 4, 2002.

1. lasoccervegas2002

Jul 7, 2002
    this planet
    biosoccer : I love you.......................

2. trickyfool

trickyfool New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Orlando, FL
    Bro, She wasn't born into it. She's from Ecuador. Plus, Considering the team she used to support, she can change alliance any time :D :D

KruZado, you know how Colo-Colo fans are.....Bunch of Flaky Bandwagon fans......

3. CHILENOOO

CHILENOOO Member

Nov 19, 1998
    NJ
    hey hey hey....TrickyFOOL...
    No need to call us names....we are what we are, and we support the best team in Chilean HISTORY.
    Nobody can dispute that...with a hand on your heart...tell me...answer this question....No BUTS...just name the team....

What team is considered the best team in Chilean History?? (Most first places, better international results, etc)

There is no way you can name any other team than COLO COLO....I would even say Colo Colo if I was a U de Chile fan....Right???

As far as the other issue here, I think that being a true fan means "being born" with it...By that I mean you can't change sides....I have always said....I will never cheer for U. de Chile....anywhere....I would not even do it if they reach SOME DAY the libertadores finals....NEVER....
    I would never like "la cato" either....although they are not so repugnant as a U de Chile fan.... jaja
    Lets just say that in a game between La Cato vs El Chuncho....I would be on La Cato's side....IF I ever have the GUTS to watch a game between them....
    :)

Lets get real...90% of Chileans where a fan of Colo Colo (cheering for Colo Colo) in 1991 when we won the CUP....it was nuts....the country was WHITE....
    That to me is being a "Bunch of Flaky Bandwagon fans"

4. CHILENOOO

CHILENOOO Member

Nov 19, 1998
    NJ
    By the way....Biosoccer....where in Ecuador???
    They told me there are a lot of Chileans in Ecuador....
    My wife is from Guayaquil.....Emelec "fan"....kind of...

5. trickyfool

trickyfool New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Orlando, FL
    It's all in good fun, Chilenooo. It's obvious you guys have the best team in Chilean History, but it's still fun to make fun of you guys at times. You guys have represented Chile well before and I'm glad we got a team that actually won the Libertadores. Hope I didn't offend you....

6. CHILENOOO

CHILENOOO Member

Nov 19, 1998
    NJ
    no no...I'm ok...it's all fun...don't worry you didin't offend me....

Now...call me a Chuncho and I'll kill you. :)

7. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

Born in Guayaquil, lived there until 6-7 then moved to Quito and lived there until I turned 18, then came to Chile (6 years here now).

Huge Barcelona fan... but haven't got the chance to watch any games in years.

I know what you guys are saying about being a "true fan." Maybe is just that I can't call myself the biggest soccer fan. Not even close. I followed soccer for years and years due to my bro and dad. And now I'm back following soccer due to my boyfriend (silly as it sounds I found myself one of those rare 100% gringo soccer-lover).

I'll never support in Chile any other team than Colo-Colo (and the national team, of course) and in Ecuador, Barcelona. I'm just looking for a decent team outside this countries that I can cheer for.

8. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

CHUNCHO!!!!! :D

I'm a Universidad de Chile graduate, but if they call me chuncho I'll kill, too!!!!

9. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

???????????

explanation needed

10. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    biosoccer your english is very good especially for someone who has never lived in the US.

11. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    merci, io also parlez italiano and francais ;)

12. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

:) Thank you:)

13. CHILENOOO

CHILENOOO Member

Nov 19, 1998
    NJ
    Biosoccer,
    That's very cool...I don't think you need another team to follow though.....Colo Colo es el mas grande!!!

One thing to point out....you attending U. de Chile does not necessarily mean that you are a Chuncho Soccer fan...Like I said before...Colo Colo es Chile.
    You are just a Chuncho student... :)

Did you learn english in Ecuador???
    I'm asking because my wife went to an all English school in Ecuador and her Writing and Speaking skills are better than mine....I'm a Chilean-Gringo (13 years in the USA, I'm a US Citizen now)....but still....she can kick my butt in english....

I know a lot of people from Ecuador, and they seem very nice, except for one thing offcourse....They don't know sh** about soccer...... :)
    (just kidding)

14. efernandez9

efernandez9 Member

Jun 6, 1999
    Joe Pool Lake
    MANOLO IS COMING TO GET YOU!

booooooo hoooo

happy trick or treat day!

15. sidspaceman

sidspaceman Moderator
    Staff Member

Feb 20, 2002
    AMÉRICA DE CALI
    Club:
    America de Cali
    Nat'l Team:
    Colombia
    Your Welcome

16. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles
    A lot Nicaraguan, some Puerto Rican, Spanish, Basque, Catalan, French, gypsy, who was living in Argentina when it won in '78, born in Michigan to a New York dad and a San Francisco mom, loves Chilean and Irish poetry, Brazilian samba, deep-dish pizza and British cars.

Just your typical all-American.

17. trickyfool

trickyfool New Member

Feb 11, 1999
    Orlando, FL
    Do you also like Candle light dinners and walks on the beach? :D :D

18. Mario

Mario New Member

Mar 11, 2000
    San Salvador, El Sal
    wow! :eek:

19. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

Yes I did, you can call me one of those lucky people who was able to go to a nice school and learn English (American School of Quito).
    Of course, having an American boyfriend living in the US helps a lot to keep my English updated.
    I belong to that group of Ecuadorians that is not nice ;). And hey! Our soccer is improving... at least now we can say we have made it to a WC, won a game and helped Italy get to the second stage!

20. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

LMAO!!!

21. Femfa

Femfa New Member

Jun 3, 2002
    Los Angeles
    Dude, I was listing the reasons behind my various soccer loyalties.

First and foremost, USMNT, but I also cheer Liverpool, Boca Juniors, Argentine Nats, the Chicago Fire, Chilean Nats, Real Madrid, Brazil, Galaxy, France, Euskatel, Ireland, and no, not necessarily in that order.

This thread just made me think about why we feel attached to the teams that we support. If you travel a lot, you can have ties to many places.

22. biosoccer

biosoccer New Member

Geez! Is that all? You need to travel more! ;)

23. Ronaldo13

Ronaldo13 New Member

Jun 18, 2002
    NY
    i was born in the US and i live in the US....that's my story....

24. condor11

condor11 Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 2, 2002
    New Zealand
    and a very entertaining one at that

25. Mason16

Mason16 Member

Apr 11, 2001
    South Florida
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Born in Washington DC, married a cale~na, therefore, I support DC United & Deportivo Cali. Of course I live in Miami where our team was blow up into MLS bits but that's another story. :D