Where are all the rumors for chivas?

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by sodi_gar, Nov 11, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well it looks like Chivas are taking a "we'll work with what we got" approach to the rest of the season/play-offs. :confused: How can you claim to have "multiple irons in the fire" when it come to a forward/striker then sign no new forward/striker by the transfer deadline. I know we'll never know what happened, but I'd really like to know just what the hell happened.

2. EastLAChiva

EastLAChiva Member

Jun 26, 2007
    Section 138
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wait a minute! I thought you were the "Glass is half full" guy!

Chivas USA really goes out of its way to help the Galaxy with these kind of roster moves. (i.e. Gordon = JPA). Very convenient for them than us.

3. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just because I don't think they're having as much of a train-wreck of a season as others doesn't mean I can't call them out on b.s. statements they make. Either way, it's moot now as they've signed Angel, which as someone who saw him score some awesome goals in NY, I can't help but be a little excited. I'm sure he'll at most score, like, two goals the rest of the year, but I don't care, he's pure class and has always been one of my favorite players in this league, and he's back on a team I don't hate! Half full!! Hoo-ray! Oh, ELAC, here's a little more optimism for you, Chivas aren't half way down the table, they're halfway up! ;-)

4. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Looks like the team keep playing better Futbol every game
    Not sure if we will EVER bring a DP or spend big cash on a well known player
    Those are the facts… so all im hoping is for a playoff spot and after that anything can happened ..Member you cant miss what you never had ..so i do miss the play offs

5. Totoro

Totoro Member+

Dec 3, 2009
    Colorado
    Wish I'd never heard of him. :)

6. MARCH_

MARCH_ Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Club:
    Los Angeles
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. glyconerd

glyconerd Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Uzbekistan
    Mendoza released

Guess no confidence in Lopes or Boyens haha

8. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, Boyens has been riding the pine all season and Lopes hasn't really taken off back there, so they're no harm in looking right?

9. CubanLover

CubanLover Member

Feb 2, 2010
    Sin City, Nevada
    Club:
    Arsenal FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Can't blame them with lopes, guys been scary as hell (and not in a good way).

I never really understood wtf happened with boyens, he was a starter early in the season playing pretty well then all of the sudden he goes on to play some friendlies for New Zealand comes back and never sees the pitch again.

10. chivos

chivos Member

May 29, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Can someone tell coach Fraser about centerback Nick Cardenas.

11. -REY MISTERIO-

Aug 2, 2007
    sYLMAR
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Chivo y kien es este caon? donde juega, cuantos años tiene
    digo si se puede saver

12. chivos

chivos Member

May 29, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
  13. chivos

chivos Member

May 29, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Looks like wiki. Has Kevin Guppy listed as part of are official roster. I have not heard any announcement it could just be a typo or the Chivas could already be planning for 2012.

14. Truhero

Truhero Member

Aug 2, 2010
    Section 101
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I went to the open practice in Walnut today and Guppy was training with the team again and he said that it's good to be back.

15. chivos

chivos Member

May 29, 2011
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    I like. Guppy kind of reminds me of Kennedy from a few years ago just needs a little more training. Thanks for the info.

16. USFootiefan1980

LAFC
    United States
    Aug 19, 2005
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Guppy has been on and off the team for quite some time. He's been a member of MLS' 'keeper pool for a while and has bounced around for a few years. He is based out of Southern California. So when he's not off with another team, it's my understanding that he trains with Chivas.

17. incredibleSE

incredibleSE Member

Dec 13, 2010
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    I was born and raised in Pomona. Moved away in my teens. Is Pomona really big enough to support a MLS team? I can see Santa Ana with its big Latino and Asian community (Still iffy if they'd support a Hispanic themed team).

18. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Los Angeles Football Club
    Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Anything is better than being mistreated at the HDC. :rolleyes:

Plus, if you have been reading the "Chivas USA in discussions on potential move from HDC" thread, Chivas USA owner Jorge Vergara has said the team will remain in LA, whether he meant city or county. :)

19. Going Mobile

Going Mobile Moderator
    Staff Member

Apr 15, 2004
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    how many of the Galaxy or Chivas fans are actually from Carson? its not really about the city its located in, rather the easy of getting in and out said venue. While Chivas will certainly lose a few fans no matter where they go because of the location they will also pick some because they are now closer to other fans. With a far more favorable lease if they do lose some fans they will still make more $$ in the end because they will get revenue from club seats, concessions and parking that they dont see now. Not to mention the lease deal with the landlord(themselves) will be far more favorable.

20. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Well said, GoingMobile.

21. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Any of you guys ever wonder what our team would be like if Erik Wynalda and company would have taken the helm of our rebano sagrado. I'll tell you one thing, we wouldn't be looking at a 32 year old frenchman to bolster our team. Erick Wynalda, Campos and co. would be gettig us uncovered gems from Mexico. I truly beleieve that Campos, Suarez and Wynalda have a lot of scouting and connects in Mexico. I feel like were in for a couple more long seasons with the system we have. I love our goats but we could be so much better. Benny Corona would be playing for us, we'd bring in players like......ah forget it. you guys are sick of hearing me, but a man can wish.

22. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    How about just getting most of the Mexican-Americans in MLS. Could have the foundation of a pretty good team right there.

23. sodi_gar

sodi_gar Member

Aug 2, 2006
    murrieta, ca
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Now your talking, Omar Gonzalez, the Farfan brothers etc..Thats a team. No big names just skill, grit and passion

24. thedragonrik58

thedragonrik58 Member+

Mexico
    Jul 5, 2011
    Palmdale
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    You are right about that, although I still think with time, Domene will bring us better players, and Fraser will build us a strong team.

One thing is for sure, Robin should start acquiring some people skills. I see every game that whenever he walks by, people call him and he basically ignores them every single time.

25. hrothgarofsocal

Apr 22, 2007
    Union Ultras
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    I think he talks to me because I'm black.