Where are All the Fire Fans?

Discussion in 'Chicago Fire' started by karlheinz, Apr 7, 2007.

1. karlheinz

karlheinz New Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Germany
    This is the home opener.

The Tribune (the freakin' Chicago Tribune) had a 4 page MLS spread introducing the season and what, 5-7000 people show up? It's cold, but come on!

What an embarrassment!!!!

2. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    Are you kidding? There's tons of people there!

3. Hey, butthole. Attendance was 15,353

4. salparadisejr

salparadisejr Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Hollywood, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The place looked pretty pack to me.

You want to see a poorly attended game check out the Chivas USA game on FSC right now.

5. karlheinz

karlheinz New Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Germany
    That was the announced attendance! There were a lot of blue seats passing for Fire fans. From TV it looked like about 1 of every 4 seats were empty.

Quit drinking the Fire cool - aid dork!!!

6. Pack87Man

Pack87Man BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 1, 2001
    Quad Cities
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And what do you know, Toyota Park has a 20,000 seat capacity. Math is our friend.

7. Why are you here, ********************? S8 was full, and there plenty of people all the way around.

8. CHI_TOWN_BALLA

Dec 24, 2006
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Yes, from the camera view it did look like SOME seats were empty, but clearly if you look when the camera is directed to other places, Section 8 is full, and other half of the park looks pretty packed.

9. Fanaddict

Fanaddict Member+

Mar 9, 2000
    streamwood IL USA
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I have to admit I wimped out and watched the game on tv it was just too fricken cold for my old bones. I have to also admit if it wasn't on tv I would have forced myself to go. In my defense the zipper on my winter coat was stuck and I wasn't going to sit there in my light fire jacket with that wind and cold.Section 8 was packed looked and sounded great, although there were a lot of empty seats in the sold out 3 club sections on the east side where I usually sit.

10. hehe

hehe New Member

Mar 30, 2006
    ive watched every mls game today.... and in my opinion chicago had the best fans today. section 8 is an inspiration.

11. salparadisejr

salparadisejr Member

Jul 26, 2006
    Hollywood, FL
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Agreed. Very impressive. Their sound filled the stadium.

12. HerthaBerwyn

HerthaBerwyn Member+

May 24, 2003
    Chicago
    Back from the game you Teutonic twat. Plenty o hardy soles. I must say I had a large number of Mexican seatmates who said they are new.Blanco inspired, Frie fans. Really nice folks every one. So, get our of your ratskeller and quit complaining about people who are more there than yourself.

13. LIZZIE

LIZZIE BigSoccer Supporter

Oct 18, 2001
    Sec 126
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We were there too- and there was a pretty good crowd considering how stinkin' cold it was!

I' d guess 12,000 plus- looked fuller than the Dick- Colorado/ DC game

14. genpabloescobar

Feb 17, 2002
    Would it be unreasonable to say that it wasn't disappointing that people sat it out with the extreme temperatures, but it was disappointing that the game didn't sell out anyway? I mean, if we have our "own" 20,000-seat stadium, shouldn't those 20,000 tickets have been sold before we even knew what the weather was going to be?

15. AcetheTigah

AcetheTigah Member+

Apr 6, 2005
    Woodlands, TX
    Best fans of the day were in Chicago.

I watched the Col-DC match and the stadium was half empty and I thought to myself - not too bad considering the weather. But then I watched the Fire - NE game and was really impressed of how filled the stadium was and atmosphere generated by the fans. The weather was even worse than Col!

Props to the Fire fans!

16. alf

alf Member+

Jun 29, 1999
    Illinois
    Club:
    Chicago Red Stars
    So why the ******** didn't you go?

17. kornkid15

kornkid15 Member

Mar 16, 2007
    chi-city
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    jsut got back from the game with my friend and fellow big soccer guy...the crowd was great for the cold...and section 8 was awesome...and the fort just stood there like the ******** they are :p

18. el chingon

el chingon Member

Dec 31, 2005
    Chicago
    Club:
    Club América
    I wanted to watch this game. I taught all MLS games were going to be on Telefutura, but i guess not.

19. Pablo Chicago

Pablo Chicago Member+

Sep 7, 2005
    Sweet Home Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just came back from the game. If the cameras had shown the lines in front of the concession stands, you would have known where the rest of the crowd was.

It was friggn' cold, and I think the concession stands set a record for selling hot chocolate. I was with a group huddled behind a brick wall like penguins in the antartic (it was the only way we could keep our beers from freezing).

There were a lot of people there, and Section 8 was in rare form. They got louder as the game went on. Best damn supporters group in the league. 2nd to none.

20. harrylee773

harrylee773 Member+

Jul 28, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I noticed the masses watching from the concourses as well. Also, from where I sat you could see a mass of cars leaving the game at halftime. I have no way of judging how many people that accounted for but there was a line of cars headed for Harlem for at least the first ten minutes of the 2nd half.

Agreed on Section 8 but did I hear them chanting a White Stripes song? Seriously?

21. martinj947

martinj947 New Member

Mar 11, 2007
    Oshkosh wisconsin
    first off, i was at the game. in the secound row right to the right of section 8. And it was packed I was impressed. It was just about full and it was really ************. If there was nice weather, it would have been sold out. Along with the Blanco affect, i think were in a for a treat this year. Plus that was a tight ass game.

22. IlliniOnFire

IlliniOnFire Hostile AND Abusive

Oct 8, 2006
    Southern Illinois
    The number of actual butts in seats may have been a bit closer to say 13,000, but overall a good crowd tonight... Section 8 was loud as hell, and the crowd was into it... great start to the season, even with the lousy weather.

I had to laugh when the beer guy came by yelling "ICE COLD beer!!!"

23. 352gialloblu

352gialloblu New Member

Jun 16, 2003
    England
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    Yep.

24. karlheinz

karlheinz New Member

Sep 15, 2000
    Germany
    I don't blame people for not going. Considering the weather and who the Fire put on the pitch. I see no reason for going out to Toyota until July when Blanco arrives!

25. lemons

lemons Member

United States
    Nov 20, 2004
    Club:
    Atlanta United FC
    You've got to be kidding me.