When Will This Shite End?

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by THOMA GOL, Sep 11, 2007.

1. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We tried during the rain delay on Saturday and it just didn't work. After 10-15 seconds, they went back the their stuff. Let them do their thing and HSH and the Local can coordinate our stuff. Seems to me to be the best way to go about it.

2. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think that is just something that takes time. Its like if we do that dale' oh (commonly misunderstood to be "tally ho") and then the yo sille voi (I can't spell spanish) chant, then I think it would be good if they could do Oh When the Crew or one or two of the simple ones. Part of it is a language barrier, I'm sure. Another part is that once they get going, it's tough to stop their train and redirect it. I think if we're all going to be roughly together, they'll come around just as we'll incorporate some of theirs... with time.

3. Matt D

Matt D Member

Mar 17, 2006
    new orleans
    Maybe I'm crazy, but wouldn't it be better to just let them choose where they want to sit next year? I can't believe there's a page of discussion by non-HSHs about where they should be.

4. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's one thing that I noticed standing with them. One of the "main" guys was a bit adament about even having "outside" help. For example a member of the Crew PR came with one of the checkered black and gold flags. One of the guys in La Turbina gladly accepted it and proceded to wave it in support. The one long haired supporter bolted down to where he was, getting on him as if to say, "hell naw, don't except such things". Next thing I see is the flag being thrown back onto the grass. I don't know, maybe they will be more open-minded if there are more people or a group or two closer to them. And language shouldn't be a barrier or excuse IMHO because Houston, DC, and even KC supporter groups have welcomed with open arms bi-lingual song and chant, provided that the song and chant is simple enough for us natural English speakers.

5. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's not telling them where to sit, or at least that's not my view. My view is creating a zone that is particularly friendly to supporters like those in HSH, 103, and Turbina. It seems to make sense to try and takeover that corner if they build the stage, as its close to all current locations, is halfway between where HSH and 103 currently are located, and would keep ticket prices low. I suppose if they want to go sit in the upper deck, than that is their choice. I'm meerly trying to get people thinking about how to adapt to a changed stadium layout.

6. RoleModel83

RoleModel83 Member

Jul 27, 2003
    Columbus, OH
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We couldn't. Our chanting with La Turbina was too loud. Join a supporters group if it irritated you so badly.

7. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Talked to Kessler about this last night. He's all aboard for making this corner ours. He wondered if we'd be willing to move down towards 101 to make it work and put us and Turbina sandwiching HSH. He also said that we'd put Sam's Army there come US games.

8. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Nice, yeah, I've talked with Kessler too about turning the corner into an awesome environment. I know this is something that is going to depend on what happens over the winter, but this is an item that needs to be on the agenda.

Would it be possible to have a Crew supporters meeting, or a "sumit" if you will? I mean we really need to get people from all 3 groups together during a time when the team isn't playing so that we can discuss this and see what people want to do. Especially before anyone has to renew season tickets.

9. osubowler

osubowler Member

Apr 7, 2007
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I find it highly funny how earlier in the season when people on here mentioned the idea of the three groups coming together, almost everyone was an adamant No. Now that mindset has changed....just curious as to why this has happened?

10. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    A big ass stage being put where 137 currently is means that HSH will have to move. Now, I haven't heard from any of them so far, so right now we're just taking the shotgun of ideas approach.

11. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    This is more of a cooperative rather than a convergence, which is what was hotly debated early in the season... so that, as well as what HHM mentioned are pretty much the reasons, IMO.

12. smithnwesson

smithnwesson New Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Columbus, OH
    As a HSH, I would love to see us start working together.

I know at the start of the season, I made a loud stink about the moving to 103, blah blah blah. I'm done with that.

After watching that video, it pisses me off we don't have a better representation in our own stadium. So, sign me up for whatever.

Personally, I'd love to see us learn some spanish language chants so we can join with La Turbina. No offense, but they are the loudest of the three. We might have the most people consistently, but they are loud simply because of the drums. Crap, half the players speak spanish anyway, we might as well do some cheers that mean something to 'em, right?

Eddie Carvachio, who is some kind of liasion to the hispanic community for the Crew, is largely responsible for La Turbina. He asked some of the HSH if we would mind having them sit with us for the Beckham game, and working out an arrangement to sit together in the future.

I don't know what came of that, I'll see what I can find out.

Anyway, I'd be down with getting together in the offseason for some kind of a meeting, though I know those haven't always worked in the past. Still, I would love to see Crew soccer nation become something louder and more intimidating than it is.

13. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Awesome. I hope we can all put our differences to the side in order to fight for a common cause and goal. I think if we can organize a few things it will help tremendously in how our combined groups would help in all aspects on game day. It would be good to get a "crew supporters summit" if you will, and have people from all 3 groups together hashing out ideas and have a couple people from the front office that can back us up to make things happen.

14. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Point of order: What happened in the incident under the bleachers? Anyone?

[Last week, my professor of Middle East told me of his experience during the rain delay. He asked me if I was involved with it. I do not think I had time to attend this match. Strike that, I am positive I did not to go to this outing.]

15. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think the basic jist is that some Crew supporters started drumming, chanting, and carrying on, like we usually do. Some of the more casual fans started snapping pictures like we were some sort of freak show.

16. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    There is a youtube video of it out there as well, or at least there used to be

17. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Take this thread, enshrine it in gold as Crew History. This is where the corner was born, folks. Here, and on the van trip to Toronto on September 22nd, 2007.

Kryptonite and chr1st repped this.
  18. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #68 Kryptonite, Nov 28, 2021
    Last edited: Nov 28, 2021
    Oh hey: