When Will This Shite End?

Discussion in 'Columbus Supporters Clubs' started by THOMA GOL, Sep 11, 2007.

1. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Bullshit, their lifeless sacks of shit. All one had to do was be under the stands during the rain delay watching them watch us and taking pictures of the whole thing. Join in or go the ******** away.

They're all a bunch of slaves.

2. THOMA GOL

THOMA GOL BigSoccer Supporter

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Oops, my bad, yeah I wised up and did a search and Legion04 started a thread similiar. But to answer your question, how many times? Who's counting?

This isn't the place? then where else? Not to downplay Tommy Keegan's but more people would see the information on the WORLD-WIDE web, que no?
    Least you forgot, in the first few years of Crew Stadium I had made at least five banners for the North End, and three for the US National Team, by hand, solo, no sponsors, just with my own damn paycheck! Granted, the banners aren't there now, due to wear and tear, but the fact remains, I have the same passion and always will. But you question me not doing a ********ing thing about it? :mad: I've done my part and will always do my part and FYI, I've stood with La Turbina. I've got a 2 and a half hour drive , so you pay for my damn gasoline and I'll show up at your Irish bar, I've been there before.

I apologize for having UBER-high standards and expectations. I'll gladly give you contact numbers so that you can blame my parents, coaches, and the Coast Guard.

3. crewcrazy17

crewcrazy17 Member

Mar 5, 2002
    Medina

You really have lost it haven't you? Not everyone has the same passion for the sport as the people who post here. Even people here have different levels of interest. Some may have been attending their first game. And you have to admit seeing a bunch of soaking wet people dancing and shouting is a sight to see, so why not take a picture of it?

4. HardestWorkingFan

HardestWorkingFan Piss on the F*re

Oct 29, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    I'll admit that that was an overreaction on my part. I don't know you so I shouldn't have said you're not doing shit but how much do we really need a thread like this? It's basically the same discussion we've always been having and it really gets us nowhere.

5. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    After some reflection, things should have been re-worded, or as I mentioned, I should have posted my vent to Legion04's thread. I'm just having tough time with all three groups in different areas and not one area. Even though I'm "old-school North End", it was a bit nice to see the numbers that Hudson Street had at that Colorado match a couple weeks back. At this stage of the season though, no matter what group is where or whatever, us fans is all we got, until things get better.

6. myshap

myshap Member

Jun 19, 2002
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Sure, if I was a lifeless slave who wanted to preserve what some passion in my dull boring ************ existence looked like.

7. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    well considering that 137 as we know it will cease to exist after the season due to the stage being put it, it will be interesting to see where the HSH turn up. I told them to come over to 134 and we would have a good old time, or to go inbetween turbina and 103 and make it a raucous corner from hell!

8. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think it would be great if we could get all the groups to fill up the NE corner of the stadium and turn that into our supporters section. Kind of like if you look to get tickets in Chicago or Toronto (and other places) you'll see their map of the stadium has a designated supporters area, plain and clear for anybody who's looking to buy tickets. I mean, 137 has the signs at the top of the section, but it would be a nice step to avoid the family "situation" of people accidentally sitting around the supporters without knowing it until it's too late.

If that stage goes in, we could just sort of have Turbina, CSU, and HSH all in the same general area and that would probably also help in getting our cheers coordinated some. I went and stood with them for the 2nd half of the DC match, and I think our other groups should learn a few of their Spanish chants... they're pretty good. I don't know Spanish or how to spell in spanish, but there was one in particular that I like and can say it out loud, but would be a butchering if I tried to type it up.

9. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What you didn't know is that CCS is a time-share.

10. HardestWorkingFan

HardestWorkingFan Piss on the F*re

Oct 29, 2004
    Columbus, OH
    Is this a 100% done deal, with construction scheduled and all that? I've been hearing about this for quite a while now, but I've yet to see any official word that it's definitely going to happen. Did I just miss it?

11. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't think this is going to be announced anytime soon. It might be one of those things that you hear about in January when the GM is interviewed and they say "Yeah, we've upgraded some of the luxury boxes during the winter and went ahead and added a permanent stage to the north end of the stadium to better accommodate our other sources of revenue in this stadium. Season ticket holders will be given... blah, blah, blah".

I just keep hearing talk about it and it seems like it has some legs. And it makes sense to me, in my mind. I think somebody talked with McCullers during that family season ticket holder event and he mentioned something about the liklihood of it. Maybe I'm wrong, it's a fuzzy memory... anyway, let's just assume that they'll do it, it's the Crew Fan Way.

12. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    twas me who talked to him about it, and i've got on pretty good authority that it is a lock. Plus someone from HSH told me at the last game that the FO called them to tell them about it to find out what they wanted to do with their season tix. I imagine they are going to contact everyone in the 3 affected sections (136, 137, 138) who has a season ticket first before any sort of official announcement.

13. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I say move HSH over to 142/101 as someone else said and make that the corner from hell. I'd say move them over to 129 or 130 and be directly across from us, but the FO would never go from that. Maybe put them over in 109 so that they're right next to the visiting supporters' groups that are normally in 110. I think they might like that...

14. bobbybhoy2003

bobbybhoy2003 New Member

Nov 2, 2004
    Columbus
    "this is our house"...witty...

15. Redmaynard

Redmaynard Member

May 20, 2007
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We certainly thought it was...:rolleyes:

16. Kryptonite

Kryptonite Fancy Title Here

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Being in 103, I know my input into the relocation of the HSH group is just about as valid as the rest of yours, but I also like the "corner from hell" idea.

If the south end stands would be re-built all the way to the ground, my other idea would be to move the HSHers to 116, directly beneath the videoboard. You'd have supporters groups at both sides of the field. True, it would be almost impossible to coordinate chants, but the visiting team's defense would always be within earshot to Crew supporters. Sort of the "double-whammy", if you will.

True, if you move HSH to 116, you'd lose that area as a possible "family section", but it would open up the whole northwest corner, all the way from 130 to 136. But if they were in the corner, then we'd have the option of parading in to the stadium as three united groups, before going into our seperate sections.

17. Kryptonite

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It's common knowlege that since F*re fans never graduated high school, that four-word chant is the most complicated one they can come up with.

18. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1. Krypto, buddy, I can't get behind an idea to move a group of our supporters beneath the scoreboard, you know, where the main PA speakers and all that crap are located. It'd be way too loud and would really kill the mojo in the section, perhaps.

2. With the stage, are 136-138 the only sections affected? Would 135 and 139 be affected as well?

3. For all you 103 types out here. What do we think of the idea of contributing to a corner from hell? La Turbina is in 140, and its a good distance from us to them. As much as I really like the view from 103, I'd be willing to look at a compromise and move down a few sections to help the cause. If we could take sections 140-142 and make them the designated supporters area, so that HSH, Turbina, and CSU:103 each have some space, but also can be a collective front, I think that could be pretty sweet.

I think the FO would be willing to get on board with it too, and here's why. In talk with some friends, it was brought up to me that the way we currently are, we have 6 casual sections between us and HSH, if you don't count the Turbina section. From a ticket sales aspect, if you're trying to sell to families or youth team or whatever (groups that would be sensitive to language usage en mass), you make it tough by having these collateral damage zones (if you will) between each of the 3 groups. If we can centralize into 3 sections in the corner, we give ourselves a better unified front, but still maintain autonomy from each other as we may or may not want. Also, going to the corner, we will be in cheaper seats, but will still have an angled view on the play.

Just an idea to kick around. I'm going to go ahead and anticipate one response. As for us being "Local 103", why not just change it to the area code for Columbus Crew (Local 614)? I know we spent money on some sweet gear and graphics and stuff like that, but maybe we can find some avenues to collect some cash and make up for it?

19. THOMA GOL

Jul 16, 1999
    Frontier
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    If I can convince my "ball and chain" to "allow" me to spend some loot, professionally made banners will be made in the offseason.

20. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    From what I have heard, of course subject to change, but my sources tell me it's onlt those 3 sections that are impacted.

It would be awesome if all of you guys moved down to the corner together, it could give it more of a SE/BB feel, or like Section 8 in Chicago, where they have multiple groups sitting together. It would require some willingness to bend on the parts of both of the groups (103 and HSH) who are sort of at odds, maybe compromise and drop the foulest chants but still do some dirtier than you do in 103? I think that if both supporters groups flanked La Turbina it would be massive as far as sound, with them thundering in the middle and you guys chanting in unison. Hell, little old Fort Knox might even be able to join in. I still personally would like to change our name to The Crew Corner, but it's not really my call since Billy Steve and Steve started it. We could however change our name to "the Jersey Whore Corner" in honor of Nick... ;)

21. Kryptonite

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

I'm in agreeance. Moving a group to the south end would only work if the videoboard were to move to the north end. I understand that current plans call for the videoboard to stay put. While I understand there would be a significant amount of cash involved in moving it, doesn't it usually it make sense for there to be a large screen behind a stage on which live performances take place? My guess is that it would be too expensive, or else it would be done.

But anyway, I support the corner from hell idea. The more I think about moving everything and everyone to 140-142, the more I like that idea. We'd basically have that whole corner as ours, but each group could still have their own individual section.

If 139 is not removed, i'm not sure what you'd do with it. If 139 stays, we may want to consider the idea of using 139-141. At least in the diagram, section 142 seems like we'd be looking more across the endline, whereas in 141, we'd be looking more down the sideline and towards the middle of the field. But 140-142 gives us more of a "surround sound" effect. I'd be open to either idea. Basically, IMO, it seems silly to have an empty section 139.

[​IMG]

Just a few more things. I'm really not a fan of changing the name to 614. We should identify ourselves as the section we locate in, and since not all of us live in the 614 area code, I'd prefer we use the section number as the unification number.

In terms of keeping each group seperate, it may look better from an outsider's view if the larger group is in the middle (HSH), but with the number of drums that La Turbina has, it may be better if they go in the middle???

22. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I like Krypto's idea. What if we can get the turbina moved over to 142 and put HSH, since they are the biggest group, in the lower half of both 101 and 102.

23. kaiser kraut

kaiser kraut New Member

Jun 26, 2001
    Indianapolis
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'd rather not deal with half-sections, because you're still going to get the families sitting above you and raising a stink. I'd also like to keep it so that we can make the tickets to the supporters section(s) as cheap as possible. I don't want to have two ticket prices depending on where you sit and then create this false sense of "socio-economic class" rivalry.

In my minds eye I want to be able to make that corner our safe haven from the family brigade of complainers. I want to get a couple of dedicated beer guys going up and down our sections and only our sections. If we can combine the powers of the 3 groups, we suddenly have a nice bit of spending clout that the FO will listen to. I also think that we'll amp up the overall atmosphere of the 3 groups.

Honestly, when I was hanging in Turbina while I was obliterated during the DC game, I just fed off their energy and kept going, kept chanting, kept yelling, kept singing, and didn't even care when we were losing, because it just seem imparative that we all keep supporting our boys and hoping to get them back in the game. I'm hoping that will rub off on the entire corner if we make this happen, thus reducing the low ebbs we suffer from.

As for the question about section 139, well, maybe that's where we start and go 3 sections over to 141, and thus Turbina stays right in the middle of the groups without moving.

I just think it would be great to get this snowball rolling and gathering momentum. If season ticket holders are made aware of the changes with the construction going on, and we can work with the FO to make this happen (i.e. getting current season ticket holding families to relocate, or people to relocate that aren't going to like that corner). Plus it gives the players a unified corner to come to and celebrate with us (provided we start winning next season). :)

24. HardHatMike

HardHatMike DOOOOOOOOM!

Traktor Nebraska
    Aug 31, 2005
    Lincoln, Nebraska
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    One thing that we need to look at, however, is the turbina's unwillingness to do any of our cheers. If we keep them on one end and put HSH and the Local next to each other, we're gonna have a much more vocal area.

25. eboe

eboe Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 23, 2006
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    did they say they are unwilling? Was it asked of them? I can't remember, I know someone said they had gone over to talk to them before but I don't remember what the final result was there...