When will the US roster for Jamaica be announced?

Discussion in 'USA Men: News & Analysis' started by Sandon Mibut, Nov 8, 2004.

1. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'll bet it is Mapp. If Beasley, Convey and Lewis are with their clubs in Europe, the next left footed midfielder in line probably ought to be Mapp.

2. voros

voros Member

Jun 7, 2002
    Parts Unknown
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He's out.

3. Stifflizard

Stifflizard New Member

Jun 9, 2000
    Reading
    Ching's in the most likely catagory, meaning unofficially he'll be there, and in the starting 11 probably. I forgot the 2nd Fire call-up. Mapp? Curtain? OMG, it's not Thornton is it!

4. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Frankly, since Bruce is calling in a largish group for this match, and it's in Columbus, I'd like to see Martino get a call-up. What's the harm? I mean, the guy lives here, after all. Just because that idiot Andrulis doesn't know how to use him doesn't mean he doesn't deserve a look-see (again) from Bruce.

5. Delta Blues

Delta Blues New Member

Jun 25, 1999
    King Willieville
    He does deserve a callup. He's finally started establishing himself as a professional.

6. D-Wall

D-Wall Member

Nov 18, 2002
    Philly
    Club:
    Philadelphia Union
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. MFRONE

MFRONE Member+

Jul 24, 2000
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Martino does not deserve a callup right now.

8. coldfusion

coldfusion Member

Dec 3, 2003
    SoFla / SoCal
    That would be nice. Maybe Armas will catch a cold. Nothing serious, mind you, just enough to keep him out of camp.

9. TAKK

TAKK New Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Westchester, NY

Who will provide the "experience?"

Who will show these kids how to trap a ball and make it bounce five yards from you?

Who will show these kids how to make a pass to the opposite team,
    or the sideleines,
    or behind your own player so an opposing player can crunch him with a tackle...

...from less than five yards away?

Who will show the kids how dribbling isn't a neccessary skill?

How having basic soccer skills are just not neccessary to be a Nats fixture!!!

Damn you man. Who will show them? He has to be there! Has too!
    We wouldn't want the young guys to get the wrong impression now...would we?

He has experience, he destroys! Much more valuable than skill and speed. Didn't these last two qualies teach you anything? We don't want to play like that.
    We want him and CR back in the middle to slow it down. We don't want to get carried away. Insanity. Pure insanity.

Players with skill, aggresion and speed? Never! I'm going hysterical. My panties are twisting.

My heart, oh my heart, I see a light, a light, I'm coming Elizabeth, I'm coming...

BTW - My apologies to Fred Sanford if I got his wife's name wrong. It is Elizabeth...isn't it?

10. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    he's hedging himself.

He thinks Convey sucks. So when Bruce doesn't call him up he pats himself on the back and giving everyone a mass "I told you so", and when Bruce does call him up he has an excuse for it.

11. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    so that stupid Bruce Arena will never call Clint Dempsey in huh Takk? god you were so right about that.

12. onefineesq

onefineesq Member+

Sep 16, 2003
    Laurel, MD
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now now boys!! no fighting. let's all play nice. I really can't wait to see the rest of the guys called in. i have the feeling that this is going to be an incredible game. We're gonna end up fielding a team of young hungry guys, playing for a backup role going into the hex, against a team of hungry Jamaicans looking to get INTO the hex. I think that's the way it should be.

13. geordienation

geordienation Moderator

Apr 21, 2001
    Chicago
    Club:
    Newcastle United FC

Is "ineffective" a medical term?

14. Sevin

Sevin Member

May 24, 2001
    U.S.
    Ricardo Clark has been called in

15. IamtheShark

IamtheShark New Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Springfield, IL
    Where are our agents on the ground in Ohio? Shouldn't someone be staking out the practice grounds to see who actually shows up to train, then reporting breathlessly and triumphantly--with photos as proof? Or are Crew-fans too busy picketing Andrulis? Shouldn't someone be compiling the definitive, 'Who we know for sure' list?

Come on--this is BigSoccer!

16. TAKK

TAKK New Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Freaking awesome!!!!!!!! You tried so hard but you couldn't help yourself!!!!!!!!!
    I love it!!!!!!!!! Man, I can't imagine how nuts you must be staring into your computer!
    You have your triumph! Brilliant.

Holy cow. I was laughing so hard I couldn't type anymore. Thanks dude for making my week. Fantastic. From a guy who has been so passionate, emotional ,so naive and wrong, and then so ultimately revisionist this is making me howl.

BTW - Do you undertsand sarcasm, or were you so caught up in your victory?

BA called in Dempsey. Thank goodness I am wrong! I am happy! I hope he finally keeps doing stuff like this so we can see more of what we saw in the last two qualies, and I don't have to rant anymore about his previous stupidity which is looking more and more obvious. Thank goodness. Skill, aggression and ability over old farts. Wonderfull!

That actually makes me ecstatic little boy. Bet, that steams you.
    I am happy to be wrong on something like this becuase I want the team to succeed, but in your little world...well. Yeah, you got me (teehee).

You tried, you really tried too be big, but welcome back. I missed you and the turkey shoots. I knew you couldn't do it.

My little boy is back....I'm waiting.

17. TAKK

TAKK New Member

Jan 28, 2004
    Westchester, NY
    Even more hilarious. The post was as shot at Armas! Holy cow! Man, have you been sitting there stewing in your little world for this long!!!!!!

Have I affected you that much????????????

I'm laughing so freaking hard right now.

Actually I feel a little pity right now.

That post isn't even about Dempsey and that's how you respond? Great stuff. Thanks man. Know what dude. I feel bad. I'll stay away from you. I feel bad for you at this point. Wow.

18. juventino3

juventino3 Member

Sep 13, 2000
    Alexandria, VA
    Source? Ricardo had an outstanding series against DCU so this move would make sense.

19. flowergirl

flowergirl Member+

Aug 11, 2004
    panama city, FL
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Dude, i work. But i did tell my husband if he has time to check out the OSU fields.

20. Bluecat82

Bluecat82 Member+

Feb 24, 1999
    Minneapolis, MN
    Club:
    Minnesota United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    6:30 ET next Wednesday sounds about right...

21. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I think Bruce has had other things on his mind lately.

http://www.legacy.com/NYNewsday/LegacySubPage2.asp?Page=LifeStory&PersonID=2793643

Vincent F. Arena
    ARENA-Vincent F. Beloved husband of the late Adeline. Devoted father of Paul, Michael, Bruce and Barbara (deceased). Loving grandfather of Paul Michael, Kenneth Scott, Sean, and Eric (deceased). Cherished brother of Christine, Lucille, Gloria, Nick (deceased), Rose (deceased), and Annette (deceased). Arrangements entrusted to Franklin Funeral Home, Inc., 42 New Hyde Park Rd., Franklin Square, N.Y. Visitation, Sunday, 7-9 PM, and Monday, 2-4 and 7-9 PM. Funeral Mass, Tuesday, 10:30 AM, St. Catherine of Sienna R.C. Church.
    Published in Newsday on 11/7/2004.

Thoughts and prayers to Bruce, Kenny and his family.

22. appoo

appoo Member+

Jul 30, 2001
    USA
    thats terrible news. Best wish's to the entire Arena family.

23. Bryan Gividen

Bryan Gividen New Member

Mar 8, 2003
    Provo, UT (BYU)
    Good (yet terribly sad), find.

My prayers go out to them as well.

24. Bigrose30

Bigrose30 Member+

Sep 11, 2004
    Jersey City, NJ
    New video from USMNT camp, but no roster yet...

http://www.ussoccer.com/news/fullstory.sps?iNewsid=124574&itype=113&iCategoryID=0

There are some nat players in the background...I think I spotted Ricardo Clark, but I'm not sure...anyone think they can pick out some of those players?

Oh, and US Soccer's report also mention that Frankie Hejduk will be signing autographs at a gala of sort's for US nats supporters, so I imagine that means he is at camp for sure.

25. Sevin

Sevin Member

May 24, 2001
    U.S.
    Horses mouth.