When will MLS resume the season ?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew' started by TRUJDUB, Apr 13, 2020.

?

What month will we see a actual MLS game ?

Poll closed Apr 20, 2020.
  1. May

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  2. June

40.0%
  3. July

32.0%
  4. August

8.0%
  5. September

4.0%
  6. Next year

16.0%
  1. Bill Archer

Bill Archer BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #276 Bill Archer, May 21, 2020
    Last edited: May 21, 2020
    I got you beat.

My letter was from Brendan Manahan, who has been my rep all along.

Thus "Hey, its nice to meet you" and "can't wait to meet you" is incredibly insulting.

Obviously he was promoted/moved/reassigned and fine, but they really could come up with another cookie cutter formulaic email that doesnt imply that they don't know who you are.

With no games going on, they have all the time in the world and this amateur hour crapola is the best this expensive big time profesional marketing setup can do? Really?

I've been very complimentary of a lot of that they do but this is just short of insulting; a guy I've talked to a dozen times and swapped at least that many emails sends me a "Hey nice to meet you" note.

Just terrible. I'm considering contacting the team and asking for someone else.

2. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Brendan is my normal guy, but now I have “Paul McMahon”.

Bill Archer repped this.
  3. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Paul is my go-to-guy now as well. At least we have something in common since he moved from Chicago. Paul, if you are reading this, come on out for a shot of Malort.

4. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    My rep also said the same thing. I'm not sure why I should care. (And this is from someone who has been to both teams on the same day numerous times.)

5. Kryptonite

Kryptonite BS XXV

Apr 10, 1999
    Columbus
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He was reassigned. I got a notice from my new rep regarding my current tickets at the current stadium explaining the new guy was taken over. Later on, I asked about the letter and he said that Brendan had been reassigned.

Oh, as far as meeting Bill Archer? He can get to the back of the line. I think @Draghignazzo got as close as anyone ever could via a text message.

6. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hey, I was there. Just a bit late. And I had the infamous Kinsley Nyce plus Dan Loney AND my oldest son with me.

The only person there was Hamburgler, and he was...um...a bit inebriated.

Toss another good aaa and I promise to try again with another all star lineup.

7. puttputtfc

puttputtfc Member+

Sep 7, 1999
    Don't be too harsh on the guy. This has been a third tier set up for a quarter century. You should be used to it by now.

Bill Archer repped this.
  8. runningoz

runningoz Member

Oct 25, 2014
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Weird, I never got a notice of having a new rep at the current stadium. Unless it was some super generic spam acting title again...

9. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jesus, you people are insufferable.

I love you all.

JimmyD2 repped this.
  10. LGCGoCrew

LGCGoCrew Member

Columbus Crew
    United States
    Sep 11, 2018
    I didn’t either BUT a few weeks ago I got something similar (less visually appealing) while they rolled out the refund options so maybe if you got that then they didn’t bother to send these knew ones? I’m not sure why they reassigned everyone as it looks like my old rep is still a rep?

11. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Load balancing, likely.

LGCGoCrew repped this.
  12. Minnman

Minnman Member+

Feb 11, 2000
    Columbus, OH, USA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It seems as though they're merging what had been their two separate accounts/tickets sales teams. Which seems pretty logical now. Presumably, the club felt it needed a full ticket sales team for the last full year in Mapfre, plus a separate team for the new stadium. But the lack of games in Mapfre makes that first team's job irrelevant. Just a guess.

Anyway, my new guy is still listed on the Crew website as being on the Mapfre team, not the new stadium team.

Whatever. I don't need or want to be best buds with this person. If he's responsive, knows what the hell he's talking about, and is a reasonable good problem solver, then I don't much care who I'm assigned to.

That said, Shanee's been with club for 3.5 years. She lived through the Austin shitstorm, stuck with the organization, and came out the other side. My new guy's been with the Crew (and has lived in Columbus) for only 11 months. He'll probably be fine. But I sure as hell hope the organization's "new staff orientation process" includes a deep dive into the existential saga that began in October 2017.

13. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Which seems to be why they had some layoffs--as that was the department impacted (and thus unlikely to have been virus related except that may have speeded up the timeline).

14. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    We should change the forum motto to "Shanee Jackson Fan Club". Maybe get some jackets made.

15. Hamburgler03

Hamburgler03 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 31, 2000
    Columbus, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I can confirm this.

Bill Archer repped this.
  16. POdinCowtown

POdinCowtown Member+

Jan 15, 2002
    Columbus
    My new rep is Clay Cardenas.

[​IMG]

My name is Clay Cardenas, and I will be your personal membership consultant for all things New Crew Downtown Stadium. I’m originally from Columbus and I am super excited to help out my hometown team!

You may be wondering what comes next -- don’t worry! I can answer any questions you may have. In the coming days you will be receiving a series of emails regarding the next steps in the process to solidify your spot in the new stadium, so please add my email to your address book so you don’t miss anything.

Again, it’s great to electronically meet you – I can’t wait to get to know you!

17. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to come across as a cantankerous old crank here but the more I read these the stupider they seem.

- No actual male person should ever say that he is "super excited" about something.

- He's being paid to do a job. Lets ask him how he'd feel about "helping out his hometown team" without drawing a paycheck for doing it.

- "Don't worry"? People these days are worried about going broke, losing their job and dying among other things. Worrying about talking to your ass is way down the list.

- Why will we be getting "a series of emails"? would be one of my first questions. Why don't you just tell us whats going on instead of this ridiculous drip drip drip of info.

- Solidify your spot? Does that mean " buy tickets"? Use plain English

- You didn't just "electronically meet me". You sent an email. Under what definition of the word "meet" does that qualify? Somebody at Suddenlink sent me an email today; would you therefore say that we " met"?

- "I can't wait to get to know you" is another phrase a man should not say. Of course you can, and in fact you're going to.

Someone over there really needs to learn to write business correspondence that does not read like a recruitment letter for a PTA bake sale

appwrangler, Dan Milton and LaMacchia repped this.
  18. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if this came from the new organization they hired to work on sales (and one reason for the (small) layoffs). May I ask my Millenial friends here if this sounds like some things a Millenial might say?

19. WhiteHartShame

WhiteHartShame Member+

Nov 16, 2008
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    #294 WhiteHartShame, May 22, 2020
    Last edited: May 22, 2020
    I asked Marissa, who sent me the same "Hey its nice to meet you" email if this meant Shanee' was no longer my STM rep. She said Shanee' is still my STM rep. She went on to explain that all the STM reps are now helping with the new stadium ticket effort and they "divvied up" the accounts randomly for this effort. I believe the some of the layoffs were people who were hired just to sell new stadium tickets.

20. KCbus

KCbus Moderator
    Staff Member

United States
    Nov 26, 2000
    Reynoldsburg, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well... you're failing.

Bill Archer and MFRONE repped this.
  21. LaMacchia

LaMacchia Member+

Jul 12, 2008
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    No, not at all. I'm a damn near 40-year old man and I write business correspondence as such.

And given the fact that we all got the same form letter - with a few blanks filled in for flavor - I'd say it was written by a brand manager (or team thereof) with the intent of sounding friendly and approachable and not salesy and, most importantly, not like a form letter. Dear Brand Manager: When you try to not sound like a form letter you just sound more like a form letter.

Draghignazzo and Bill Archer repped this.
  22. crew2112

crew2112 Member+

Jan 25, 2008
    Dayton, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    It all feels like they’re buttering us up before they drop the bomb. I expect quite an increase in ticket prices. Otherwise why dance around the subject?

Coupe repped this.
  23. kgilbert78

kgilbert78 Member+

Borussia Mönchengladbach
    United States
    Dec 28, 2006
    Cowlumbus, OH
    Club:
    Borussia Mönchengladbach
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Given that this season's tickets will partly pay for next year, I'll be in--barring unavailability of seats I can afford. After that? We'll see.

Dan Milton and the_rickler repped this.
  24. Dan Milton

Dan Milton Member

Nov 25, 1998
    Bill you have the right to be a cantankerous old bastard! You have put your time in!!!

25. Bill Archer

Mar 19, 2002
    Washington, NC
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He said it like its a bad thing

Weird

Dan Milton repped this.