When Will Gigi Get his Groove Back?

Discussion in 'Italy: National Teams' started by Sempre, Dec 14, 2005.

1. Sempre

Sempre ****************** Member+

Mar 4, 2005
    NYC
    Club:
    AS Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  2. Regency

Regency Member

Apr 28, 2004
    Toronto
    Doesn't bode well for the NT....especially if Lippi decides to give Peruzzi the nod who has let in some terrible goals lately.

3. BullseyeLogo

BullseyeLogo New Member

Aug 5, 2005
    Waterloo, Ontario
    Its going to be tuff without Buffon between the sticks for the NT.
    Lets hope he's back in the new year, he needs to get some games under his belt - he has only played once in the last 7 months :(

This Cassano thing is starting to get tiresome too. What is up with the mentality/character that is Rome? Cassano is a great player, they know he wants to leave, but while he's on your team use hime to your advantage...
    Can you blame Cassano for wanting to leave. Roma is in a downward spiral with no help in site, unrest in the dressing room, poor management, Totti is not talking to Cassano? What does that mean if they are on the NT together? :confused:

www.bullseyelogo.com

4. LA CURVA SUD ROMA

LA CURVA SUD ROMA BigSoccer Yellow Card

Sep 24, 2005
    Montreal
    Marco Amelia get ready! this soldier is as good as Gigi. I'd love to see him next june if Buffon feels unfit.

5. forza_azzurri

forza_azzurri Member

May 31, 2005
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I heard a rumour through our local Seria A tv show that his injury has caused him to lose his range and that he is not confident in playing. This is why Juve picked up Abiatti for good.

6. forzaitalia06

forzaitalia06 New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    buffon will be back as good as ever IMO. he came off of surgery and hasnt played for a long time what can you expect really? i think he will be back to his best by march, thats if he back by january though

7. forzaitalia06

forzaitalia06 New Member

Nov 12, 2005
    btw dont scare me with these threads lol........we already got enough to worry about with cassano, hoping he'll leave roma and get some playing time or sign

8. squadra_azzurri

squadra_azzurri Member+

Aug 10, 2004
    Toronto
    Club:
    SS Lazio Roma
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I think he will eventually get back to where he was, but some major training by Juve and Italy must be privided for him. I say once Buffon is healthy 100% we give him long practices so he can be ready as quick as possible. the problem with long practices is buffon being fatigues but they go to get him going by New Year so hes good for the World Cup

9. Stamos

Stamos Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Will Gigi prove himself again, now 8 years later?

(love reading these old threads and their relevance to today..)

;)

10. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    he has been excellent in the past 4 years. he has games here and there where he might mess up but overall he has saved Juve and Italy NT many many times.

11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #11 falvo, Apr 7, 2014
    Last edited: Apr 7, 2014
    Just saw the replay of his debut last night when he was 17 years old. I remember that game as if it were yesterday as I watched the game at a friend's pizzeria . Parma-Milan (0-0) on 11/19/1995. Can't believe he is still top of his game.

Daei_10 repped this.
  12. Daei_10

Daei_10 Member+

Aug 22, 2007
    LA, California
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea man its insane, almost 20 years later he is still one of the best if not THE best goal keeper in the world.
    a lot of peole LOVE to kiss ass to germans and neuer, but to me buffon is still better than him. neuer has much better team and defense in front of him than gigi.

its crazy that almost 10 yrs ago people thought he was done, and a thread like this was made...who woulda guessed 10 years later gigi would still be #1 choice for world cup 2014

i would love to see him lift another big trophy before he retires...either a WC or CL...he truly deserves it. you might not be a Juve fan, but you can't Not admire the fact that he stuck with the team through serie B AFTER he won a world cup. when most players left, he coulda went somewhere for big money, but he stayed with us.

jerrito repped this.
  13. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Is Gigi officially retired?
    [​IMG]

14. AlbertoAlbino