When Random Jibberish is riding in a time machine way far into the future...

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Goodsport, Jan 22, 2012.

1. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    26-28-4. :)

The Sharks won at the Minnesota Wild. :D

Next up: the SAP Center at San José hosts an early-afternoon game against the Florida Panthers on NBC Sports California HD on Monday.

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! [​IMG]

-G

Quakes05 and don gagliardi repped this.
  3. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I finally had my annual McDonald's Shamrock Shake today (celebrating its 50th anniversary), as well as the new Oreo Shamrock McFlurry. They were both very good. :thumbsup:

I plan to have at least one more of each on or near St. Patrick's Day in a few weeks.

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

don gagliardi repped this.
  4. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    15B18024-BB64-4FE0-A5F3-014E132599D0.jpeg These too can go to the museum although you probably have tons of this stuff I’m guessing

5. Quakes05

Quakes05 Member+

Oct 1, 2005
    birthplace of MLS
    incredible...

Scott Rohde repped this.
  6. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  7. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    26-29-4. :(

The San Jose Sharks lost to the visiting Florida Panthers. :(

Next up: a visit to New Jersey on NBC Sports California HD on Thursday.

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! [​IMG]

-G

8. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Too bad there is no relegation in baseball...

upload_2020-2-18_3-34-28.png

9. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just imagine this playing out exactly as is, but with Krazy George and his drum in the Robert Preston role and the entire Earthquakes Stadium crowd (or at least the Ultras) as the crowd :D...

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

10. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Meanwhile, the New England Patriots have yet to be punished in any manner whatsoever for electronically stealing signs from the Cincinnati Bengals sideline during the 2019 season.

The Houston Astros' punishment has been infinitely more severe, albeit insufficient.

SalinasQuakesFan repped this.
  11. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I’m wondering if Eddie D will buy an existing team and move them to SF or Oakland?

Or could he end up with an expansion team?

12. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  13. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why are you wondering this? Why wouldn't he have done this 5 years ago, or 10 years ago, or 20 years ago? You think Trumps pardon somehow freed him to do this now? It wasn't like he had served any jail time.

14. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #8415 falvo, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Because the NFL more or less banned him from the league, He was an outcast , isolated and not allowed in. Even if the ban was official or unofficial , he wasn’t involved with the league in any capacity with the exception of him getting elected to the Hall Of Fame. That election alone took almost 20 years , from 1997 to 2016.

Al Davis who the NFL took to court and who in turn countersued , was hated by many across the NFL but he was elected back in 1992. Bill Walsh was elected in 1993 but DeBartolo was never recognized , continued to be ignored and overlooked. If they really wanted him in , he will have been elected a lot sooner than 2016 because he was the architect of the great Niners teams.

15. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I assumed you were talking about a soccer team, so why are you talking NFL?

16. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    I never meant an MLS team , I was always meaning how the NFL screwed Eddie. That is why I posted it in this thread as opposed to the Fisher one...

17. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    I think the 5 million dollar fine was a bit of a joke (however, that's the maximum allowed), but considering the perpetrators of the banging scheme, as it's been dubbed, have all pretty much been fired and/or banned from baseball for a while, I really don't have much of an issue.

I don't know if your comment about relegation was serious or not, but if there was such a thing in baseball, it would still be a very stupid punishment as you would be punishing everyone in the organization, most of whom had nothing to do with the cheating or were never in a position to have anything to do with it in the first place.

You shouldn't punish everyone for the actions of some. That's why the fine really is the best punishment. It hits the owner directly, and hopefully mitigates any impact on the rest of the org. That maximum allowable fine has got to be upped though. 5 million bucks just isn't enough.

18. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Juventus got relegated for alleged match fixing even though it was never really proven, they still got relegated. They lost millions upon millions and sold many of their best players. It took them six years to recover.

Looking back the relegation was kind of stupid as they have been back stronger than ever before. They’ve won every scudetto since 2012 sling with two champions league runner ups. That relegation hurt them initially but helped them in the long run. I guess you can say relegation is stupid in that respect.

19. don gagliardi

don gagliardi Member+

San Jose Earthquakes
    Feb 28, 2004
    san jose
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
  20. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    You said this, "I’m wondering if Eddie D will buy an existing team and move them to SF or Oakland?
    Or could he end up with an expansion team
    ?"
    Buy an NFL team an move them to San Francisco? :confused:

And is the NFL looking to expand? o_O

21. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #8422 falvo, Feb 19, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 19, 2020
    Forget about expansion but can they do anything about it if he buys an existing NFL team and moves them to the Bay Area?

I’m sure Don might know more than anyone but by precedent and using Al Davis case law as an example , I don’t think the league can legally stop him. Al sued the NFL and won $130 million dollars in the 80’s because the league tried to stop him from moving the Raiders to LA.

That may not sound like much but that $130 million in 1985 is equal to $317.25 mil in 2020. That doesn’t include legal fees. Maybe that still isn’t that much money to the NFL but I doubt they would want to go down that path.

The question is does he want to buy a team?

As far as NFL expansion, the league makes a lot of noise about expanding into London. If there is money to be made though, the Bay Area is the richest place in earth.

22. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
  23. hc897

hc897 Member+

May 3, 2009
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Has DeBartolo made any statements about wanting to get back into NFL ownership? I just don't understand where this whole line of thinking is even coming from.

Second, is the NFL still giving lip service to expanding to other markets? I got the impression that the experiments of playing games in London was largely a failure, not to mention short-changing the season ticket holders of the teams who play those games since one of them gets fewer games for the same amount of money. It's just a stupid idea. If Europe wants to play football, let them develop their own league. The NFL doesn't need more money or influence.

24. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    #8425 falvo, Feb 20, 2020
    Last edited: Feb 20, 2020
    I stated that in my post.

I did hear a rumor that he was involved with the Ronnie Lott bid to buy the Raiders.

I'm betting he would love to get the Niners back.