When Is The Last Time The Us Mens Nt Won Not In Home Soil?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by nicamex1935, Aug 26, 2007.

1. spike

spike Member

Feb 22, 2001
    Tejas
    Did you guys see the story about that kid who hacked his iphone so that it can access any company's wireless network. That's way cool!

2. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Uhh... can we get back on topic?:)

3. tedfirestone

tedfirestone Member

Feb 20, 2007
    This thread is stupid. You should have just titled it :

"the US sucked a$$ at the WC and Copa America, HaHa"

as this was the only point you were trying to make if you won't except Friendly's.

How about this for an equally biased thread title:

"When's the last time Mexico beat the US in a major tournament"

I could go start a thread like that on the Mexico boards and pretend I want to have real discussion but I won't because I am not an A$$hole.

The key word for your title is soil. Personally I would rather play Mexico in Mexico (not Azteca) in front of mostly US fans than in the US in front of mostly Mexico fans. The players don't get a magical inspiration from playing on a specific soil. It is the home fans that give them inspiration.

The reason we rarely win friendly's away from home is because we rarely play friendly's away from home. Most other countries want to come here to play us because they like visiting the US. Even Mexico plays some of their Friendly's here because the economics work out for them to.

4. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Get out if you want to start a fight... That's not what this thread is about. Never said the US sucked ass and I said "they are a good team to reckon with" and "one of the best in the world at home." It's not just about home fans alright?! Mexico would rather play at home becuz it's their HOME. It's where they were born and you don't trade that for nothing even if you do have fans in the US. By the way, if you put that thread title "When's the last time Mexico beat the US in a major tournament?" Of course, people would be mad cuz you're title goes straight to taking a shot at Mexico. I didn't start Mexico vs USA in this tread... you all did and I joined in. Don't post that crap around here anymore.

5. theleftside

theleftside Member

May 29, 2007
    Yuma AZ/Oxnard CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Well, they seem to schedule plenty of friendlies in places like LA, SD, Texas, Chicago, and Arizona. All places with a huge hispanic population.

Take it easy...

umm...coming from you...your title seems to be taking a shot at the US as well.

No offense and all, but what did you expect?
    Did you really expect everyone to behave and agree with a rival talking about something as negative as "when was the last time you beat someone when it mattered outside of your backyard?"

...people dont like being reminded of their failures, expecially from someone as hated as a rival fan. Common sense bro.

6. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Wooloomooloo, New South Wales
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    "When Is The Last Time The Us Mens Nt Won Not In Home Soil?"

When is the last time Mexico won not beat the America of United States in every of anytime. Bad Ridiculous English The. Dumbass In You English learn the.

7. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    It's not up to the players where they play... It's all about money when it comes to Mexico playing friendlies in the US. "People don't like being reminded of their failures." Yea I know that much thanks... It doesn't feel good watching Maxi Rodriguez's goal being replayed over and over or Donovan's goals against Mexico. But if you're going to lecture me then I'll do the same. People have to adress their failures... not ignore them or you'll just keep failing. Read carefully what I've read. I'm not taking a shot but adressing that they need to get better just like I do with my team. I didn't come here as "rival' either. I never said "US NT sucks" or "Donovan is an idiot." That's taking a shot and I'm not doing that. Again, I didn't come here as a rival becuz if you actually read what I said, I adressed the good and the bad from BOTH Mexico and the USA. I didn't even say we were better. I said both teams are pretty even in my opinion. (Phew) End of Rant. :)

8. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Hilarious...:rolleyes: Keep cracking yourself up. Trust me man, I know plenty of English. I admit I fu*ked up the title though. :eek: But if you've read the rest I've posted, it looks fine. :)

9. theleftside

theleftside Member

May 29, 2007
    Yuma AZ/Oxnard CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    That's nice and all but shouldn't you leave that to the coaching staff, federation and players...you're talking to a buncha diehard fans of the US team here.

Just like you said, the Mexican players arent the ones making the decision to play in the US, well the American fans werent the ones giving our team those results out on the field.

The best we can do is support our team.

10. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    The man has a point. Aside from the glorious exception of WC '02, USMNT is a midtable squad that wins its home games and loses on the road.

11. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    As do almost all national teams. Unless you're a top 10 nation.
    Let's look at Sweden's record, a team that just beat us at home. I picked them randomly. They're ranked close to us by FIFA. OK these are their results since the World Cup

Venezuela 2:0 Sweden
    14/01/2007 MARACAIBO Friendly

Ecuador 2:1 Sweden
    18/01/2007 CUENCA Friendly

Ecuador 1:1 Sweden
    21/01/2007 QUITO Friendly

Egypt 2:0 Sweden
    07/02/2007 CAIRO Friendly

Northern Ireland 2:1 Sweden
    28/03/2007 BELFAST Continental Qualifier

Denmark 0:3 Sweden
    02/06/2007 COPENHAGEN Continental Qualifier

Sweden 5:0 Iceland
    06/06/2007 SOLNA Continental Qualifier

Germany 3:0 Sweden
    16/08/2006 GELSENKIRCHEN Friendly

Latvia 0:1 Sweden
    02/09/2006 RIGA Continental Qualifier

Sweden 3:1 Liechtenstein
    06/09/2006 GOTHENBURG Continental Qualifier

Sweden 2:0 Spain
    07/10/2006 SOLNA Continental Qualifier

Iceland 1:2 Sweden
    11/10/2006 REYKJAVIK Continental Qualifier

Côte d'Ivoire 1:0 Sweden
    15/11/2006 LE MANS Friendly

Record Away from Sweden: 3 Wins, 6 Losses, 1 Draws
    Home Record in Sweden: 3 Wins, 0 Losses, 0 Draws

So they play A LOT of games on the road, and they only won games against Iceland, Latvia, and Denmark. So one AWAY win against a top 50 team. That's the way World Soccer works.

12. JohnR

JohnR Member+

Jun 23, 2000
    Chicago, IL
    Fair enough, they're a midtable team, too.

FYI, do you remember when it was fighting words to compare the U.S. to Sweden? Not that long ago, spring 2006 in fact. I recall being chastized for suggesting that the U.S., Sweden, and Cameroon were comparable as soccer nations.

13. JG

JG Member+

Jun 27, 1999
    Record away from Sweden in games that count: 3 wins, 1 loss.

They actually have quite a good record on the road--in the last WCQ they won 4 of 5 away, conceding only 2 goals, and in qualifying for the last EC they had 3 wins and 1 draw from 4 road matches, conceding only 1 goal.

In fact, if you break down their record from the current EC qualifying, the last EC qualifying, and the last WCQ qualifying:

Home: 11 matches, 28 points. (2.55 PPG)
    Away: 12 matches, 31 points. (2.58 PPG)

14. frenil

frenil Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Lund
    Off-season games in exotic locations with domestic based players. They do them every year, and they loose them every year.

15. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    But do Swedes freak out and call for the coach to be fired when they lose these games? They're meaningless friendlies that allow the coach to experiment with players, formations, etc. For some reason US fans become angry when we lose AT Sweden using inexperienced players like Charlie Davies, Kamani Hill, Michael Bradley, Benny Feilhaber, etc.

16. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    Actually, this tread was started by a Mexican fan. Most US fans understand we sent a C squad to Copa America. Sweden was our first "real loss" under the Bob Bradley era.

Other than that, we're undefeated - 10-1-1 record under Bradley. I'm happy with the progress he's made in less than one year of coaching.

17. frenil

frenil Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Lund
    Friendlies are just friendlies. As long as the team keeps performing when it really counts, they could lose all the friendlies in the world.

I thought the US played well against Sweden, but it's pretty obvious that you're in need of a world-class striker.

18. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    No man I understand you sent a C squad, but you didn't in the world cup.
    Not taking a shot, not saying you suck or anything like that. This great run you've had with Bradley is so similar to the one right before '06 WC. I'm lookin forward to seeing you play in the Confederations Cup in '09. That will be a test and if the US sends a C squad again, well then I don't know what to say.

19. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    "Friendlies are just friendlies" Exactly. We just lost to Colombia but it doesn't mean anything.

20. HighburyForever

HighburyForever Red Card

Oct 15, 2006
    Club:
    Zenit St Petersburg
    Nat'l Team:
    Russia
    I wasn't addressing you. My comments were meant for 'Clint Eastwood', who said that US fans go overboard in calling for Bradley's head when he loses a couple games. I just pointed out that it was Mexican fan that started the thread and not a US fan.

And our run over this past year is NOTHING like our run leading up to WC '06. We're breaking-in a whole new group of young players since a lot of veterans retired after the World Cup. So in that sense alone, it's nothing like 2006.

And Bob Bradley is a completely different coach with a completely different style than Bruce Arena. The new players he's breaking-in right now are more skilled than the previous generation that Bruce had to work with. Any comparisons between the two is preposterous.

21. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    I wasn't comparing the players, but the wins. The US was winning every game at home inlcuding Mexico that ensured them a spot in the WC. Sound familiar? The US just beat Mexico at home and have a great record. That's the only comparison I'm making. Bob Bradley has a completely different style? How so? I'm curious. Definitely not personality wise, both sit on the bench looking at the game all concentrated but not saying a single word.

22. SAMBA

SAMBA Member

Sep 3, 2004
    New Jersey
    Yup, I do. And I know it’s not saying much, but on any given day that still can be true. I for one went into the Sweden Friendly expecting a result and dont believe that was at all asking too much.

23. nicamex1935

nicamex1935 Member+

Jul 10, 2007
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    Is the US just playing Brazil or are they also playing someone else? I ask becuz Mexico is playing Panama as well as Brazil...