When Iker Casillas and Capdevilla played soccer in Bolivia

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by dreyx2000, Aug 9, 2012.

1. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    [​IMG]

This is the pic Iker Casillas posted in his Facebook profile today. The following is the text:

It was on the Tahuichi Paz y Amistad 1996 tournment:

http://www.caracol.com.co/noticias/...lista-iker-casillas/20060106/nota/235681.aspx

It says Iker Casillas' team went on to win the tournment.

The good ol' days of La Academia Tahuichi...

2. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
  3. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Wow they played with Real Madrid in Tahuichi! I thought they did good here with mexicans and south americans partaking but thats muuuch better. Even back then thats a HUGE deal

4. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Tahuichi in their day, used to attract some of the best youth teams to their Mundialito. They had their own 'dallas cup', because of how bad ass they'd kill teams in europe. Teams would want to go to bolivia to experience what they offered, play against them, see kids train, etc.

GOne are those days though.Since the money left, Tahuichi never been the same. With that guy Roly passing away too.

5. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    That's too bad. I remember maybe 10 - 15 years ago they were promoting their school.

At the end of the day ... everything takes money to run. If only we lived in a money less world. We could eat the grass on the ground and drink water from a cup as it rained. (A mud cup.)

:D

6. Sactown Soccer

Jul 29, 2007
    Redding
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a player who went to Tahuichi two summers ago for a month and trained there, I have to say it was the best soccer I have played. It ruined soccer for me here in the U.S., players here just don't have the same tactical understanding.
    I have heard people mention that Tahuichi used to be better or at least more recognized. Can anyone shed some light as to what happened, and also why a great academy such as this does not make Bolivia a more powerful national team?

vivabolivar repped this.
  7. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Welcome Sactown,
    I'll summarize it as quickly as i can. Tahuichi changed hands a few years ago and he is not running the club the same way.
    Tahuichi has always produced great young players, The problem is that once they get to be 16 and up there is no ongoing development by the clubs. There is no youth system implemented by teh clubs thus stunning their growth. In the cases of the really talented players, the clubs buy them and then when there is a chance for them to go to international clubs their asking price is so high that they dont move and again dont develop in their respective clubs.
    I can go on and on about the Federation's lack of interest in this subject but i could type pages about it, but that's the short of it.

Eber1990 and Bolivianfuego repped this.
  8. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    It's because of money. They lost a ton of it, over the years because of a downward spiral in training.

QUick question, do you know if 'Profe Angel Justiniano' is still there? He was my coach.

With that said, it was a stronger, more money making in the early 90s. They lost their edge because of funds, and organization when Roly Aguilera died. After that his son took over, and I think it went down hill from there.

It sounds like they may be comnig back some from your positive experience. Good to hear!
    Tell us more.

Edit: As I typed this, vivabolivar stated essentially what's true. Bolivia doesn't have goood development after 16. In Santa Cruz they have local small leagues of their own division, where most of these kids go to, like a 'farm league'. It's not as competitive though as the bolivian leageu in general, and there lies the problem.

9. Sactown Soccer

Jul 29, 2007
    Redding
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Damn, that is unfortunate that money still has an effect on something as awesome as Tahuichi. I guess that makes sense that if you stop having good development over the age of 16 then your players would stop getting better.
    I'm not sure how it is compared to the past but when I was there they didn't seem to have excess money but the players on their strongest 2 or 3 teams were really good.
    I remember we (the american players) played an all-star team of players from around santa-cruz twice, and we lost twice, but it was close each time.
    Also the name Angel Justiniano sounds familiar but I don't remember if he was there. I do remember all the coaches faces that helped train us though. Ciro was the main coach, and then i forgot the other ones names.

Bolivianfuego repped this.
  10. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    It basically comes down to the fact that the founder of the institution passed away. His son took over, but he's a politician and has other interests, and IMO has completely dropped the ball. His sister took over administrative duties but neither of them compare to their father who built it from the ground up.

11. supaeagles

supaeagles Member

Feb 20, 2010
    Club:
    Chelsea FC
    Thanks for sharing. Nice read on Tahuichi. There is a video on youtube which was filmed by ESPN. Their website is somewhat updated.