When does Sonck return?

Discussion in 'Belgium' started by panicfc, Oct 7, 2004.

1. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  2. gerby

gerby Member

Jan 14, 2001
    South of Belgium
  3. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I haven't seen enough of the kid to have a valid opinion, not that it stops so many on bigsoccer, but he was one of the top scorers for Genk right?

I'm sure he can do the job, just a different job.

4. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM
    Sonck's really a fine player. A lot of Belgians don't like him for being a bit arrogant, however. I rather believe this is one of his strong points. In his last season for Genk he was really incredible, running between the lines of the opponent, always being a thread and even defending. He was a true leader and kept the team together IMO.
    But I guess it's not up to me to say this, I've been praising him enough on Bigsoccer already.

5. panicfc

panicfc Member+

Dec 22, 2000
    In my chair, typing
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Its okay, you're among friends over here ;)

Well he'd probably serve Anderlecht very well. Would Genk try and get him back? Don't they have a new young striker? Van den....

6. tomo

tomo New Member

May 25, 2004
    ANTWERP, BELGIUM

It's Kevin Van den Bergh, son of the famous Erwin, who was European topscorer once. I don't think Genk will try to get Sonck back.

Last sunday there was a long interview with Sonck on television. He was very sincere, about not being happy in Holland, and even doubting whether he fits into Ajax. He was very straightforward but it was a pity to see a man who was this confident before doubting himself like this. They showed images of all the things he once did and he seemed to get really emotional.
    He also said that he sometimes has the feeling that the problem is not just him, but also his nationality (This probably in reaction to the article from the boss of Voetbal International).