When did we get Tara Koleski?

Discussion in 'NWSL' started by BrandiC63, Jul 23, 2003.

1. BrandiC63

BrandiC63 New Member

Apr 8, 2000
    Piscataway, NJ
    The subject says it all, and id love to know.

I'm watching the WUSA matchtracker and I was suprised to see Tiff come out at halftime for Tara Koleski. I knew she used to be with the Spirit and I thought they got her confused but then I remember she was with Philly. Hmm, theres nothing of it that I see on the Power or WUSA website.

Anyone got any info?

2. nsa

nsa Member+

New England Revolution
    United States
    Feb 22, 1999
    Notboston, MA
    Club:
    New England Revolution
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And why would you sub out your major scoring threat at the half of a one-goal game?

3. Tsunami

Tsunami Member

Oct 16, 2000
    SD, CA
    Club:
    Arsenal LFC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    First off, congrats to the Power for a gutsy performance - missing that many players should have been a recipe for disaster.

Millie had a sore hammie, according to all the reports that I've read. It took us at the game a while to figure out who #29 was, as the PA announcer didn't say anything when the 2nd half started - but some of us recognized Tara after her goal attempt was waved off for some sort of foul.

After that early goal, New York looked to be in a 4-5-1 that much of the time looked like the bunker defense that Iceland uses against the NWT :). But in parts of the second half that changed, and it did seem that there were midfielders other than Rapp moving up once in a while.

I would have liked to have seen what the Power defenders' heart-rates were like in the last 20 minutes or so, as there was so much action going on in their half of the field...

The players that impressed me most were Rapp and Pearce and (surprising to me) Beem. Webber actually made some pretty good saves, and I swear that there were at least 3 cases where some Power player blocked a ball at or near the line that would have scored.

4. UP90

UP90 New Member

Dec 19, 2001
    Georgia
    Heather Beem is the stuff! What a nice surprise she's been. NY should find a permanent place for her. I like that she stays on the post defense during corner kicks, like you're supposed to. She saved two balls off the goal line against the Freedom.

5. Soccersuzie

Soccersuzie New Member

Jun 17, 2001
    Orange County
    I was watching the Power warm-up, and i saw Tara doing long balls with somebody... and i was surprised. Then, this lady near me goes " Oh my gosh.... is that Tara Koleski? Is she still that fast?"

Webber... i dont really see how peoplea are touting that she's came back. That soft shot Aly had shouldn't have hit the crossbar at all. Also, her goal kicks were horrible, so bad that she had to ask i think orlandos to kick for her afterwards.

6. DennisM

DennisM Member

Dec 10, 2000
    Nya Sverige
    Tara's goal should have counted. That would have been something.