When are we releasing roster for the Brazil game?

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by dcpohl, Aug 28, 2007.

1. dcpohl

dcpohl Member+

Feb 9, 2007
    Club:
    FC Barcelona
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I saw Brazil released their's quite a while ago. Does anyone have any idea as to when we'll be releasing ours? The suspense is killing me. :eek:

2. gosh1976

gosh1976 Member

May 29, 2005
    atlanta
    The Sweden roster was announced about 8 days before the game wasn't it?

3. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    IF the USSF stays true to form we should see it either late this week or on Monday.

4. mcadaal

mcadaal Member

Apr 11, 2007
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I feel ya.:)

5. nobody

nobody Member+

Jun 20, 2000
    Do any other teams out there keep their rosters and lineups as top secret as the US? What's the deal?

Seems like whenever we play, we know who we are up against well in advance and usually a lineup well ahead of time. The US seems to think its somehow pulling one over on everyone by waiting until the last second to say anything.

6. Fussballman 7

Fussballman 7 Member

Oct 29, 2000
    Dresden, OH
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  7. mike4066

mike4066 Member+

Jun 30, 2007
    Chula Vista, CA
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Isn't it afternoon in the east already?

8. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    New update from Goff...

Posted at 3:04 PM ET, 08/30/2007

U.S. Roster Update

Just got word that the U.S. national team roster for the Brazil friendly on Sept. 9 will not be unveiled until after the coaching staff is able to assess the player pool following this weekend's club matches in Europe and MLS.
    This gives you time to speculate. And I know you like to speculate. Let's assume 20 players are called in. Who makes the list?

9. hairynippleman

Jun 13, 2007
    in light of alex nimo's amazing u17 wc tourney, i say he gets a call...

i heard the german coach thinks he's phenomenal...

10. metroflip73

metroflip73 Member

Mar 3, 2000
    NYC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Just a random guess. Mostly Euros, a couple of MLSers:
    Howard
    Hahnemann

Boca
    Dolo
    Gooch
    Conrad
    Spector
    Pearce
    Demerit
    Simek

Beasley
    Mastroeni
    Convey
    Dempsey
    Feilhaber
    Bradley
    Clark

Donovan
    Johnson
    Hill
    Davies

11. rgli13

rgli13 Member+

Mar 23, 2005
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the only way bornstein isnt there (and starting) is if bob bradley isnt...not that theres a correlation...

12. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm going to assume you are joking.
    But it's still not funny.

13. Bigrose30

Bigrose30 Member+

Sep 11, 2004
    Jersey City, NJ
    Look around the boards for a while and you'll find that's a general theme from that particular poster.

Ignore him, and maybe he'll go away.

14. mcnaulty21

mcnaulty21 Member

Feb 6, 2007
    Wisconsin
    Club:
    Fulham FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Yeah, I didn't notice who posted until after I posted.
    I flogged myself for 5 minutes for feeding the troll.

15. casoccerdad47

casoccerdad47 Member+

Mar 31, 2006
    Bradley didn't include Simek or Pearce on the roster for the game in Sweden, I'd be very surprised if he brings them to Chicago. Convey showed he wasn't match fit in the game with Sweden, it doesn't make a lot of sense to bring him to Chicago either. Hill and Davies got call ups for the game with Sweden because they are based in Europe, I'd expect someone from the MLS to fill their roster spots.

16. trip76

trip76 Member

Jul 17, 2007
    North East USA
    do neg reps do anything?

17. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    What about Marc Burch as left back? He can get forward well, he will need to get better defensively but he surves a great ball in and has pretty decent pace and skill. I would like to see him maybe sub in and see what he does in camp.

18. supersoft

supersoft Member

May 3, 2002
    Baltimore
    I don't think you'll find anyone who watches DC games disagreeing. Some of us were figuring he'd get a look in January but I'd say his defense is progressing quickly enough that he's worth a look now. That said, it is Brazil and we probably won't be using the game for first caps. And Goff's reading of the tea leaves indicated no DCU callups.

19. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    I agree with not starting or probably not even playing him, I even said that I believe, if I didn't my mistake, I just think he is worthy of getting called into camp to see what he has and possibly subbing him in late in the game.

20. OWN(yewu)ED

OWN(yewu)ED Member+

Club: Venezia F.C.
    May 26, 2006
    chico, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Jozy Altidore wasnt on todays RBNY roster, i think i can do the math on this one!!!!

21. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    He was out because of a calf injury, which I fear very much might keep him off the roster

22. Eleven Bravo

Eleven Bravo Member+

Atlanta United
    United States
    Jul 3, 2004
    SC
    Club:
    Atlanta Silverbacks
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    the line-up I would go with:

Goalkeepers: Tim Howard, Brad Guzan

Defenders: Frankie Simek, Jonathan Spector, Heath Pearce, Michael Harrington, Michael Parkhurst, Oguchi Onyewu, Jimmy Conrad, Jay DeMerit

Midfielders: Landon Donovan, Clint Dempsey, Arturo Alvarez, DaMarcus Beasley, Freddy Adu, Ricardo Clark, Benny Feilhaber, Maurice Edu, Sacha Kljestan

Forwards: Eddie Johnson, Jozy Altidore, Adam Cristman, Robbie Findley

-------------Johnson------------
    Beasley----Donovan---Dempsey
    -------Feilhaber----Clark-------
    Spector-------------------Simek
    ------Parkhurst----Onyewu-----
    ------------Howard-------------

Bench: Guzan, DeMerit, Pearce, Kljestan, Adu, Alvarez, Altidore

Subs:
    1. Pearce (Simek/Spector...if Simek, move Spector to RB)
    2. DeMerit (Parkhurst/Onyewu)
    3. Adu (Beasley)
    4. Alvarez (Dempsey)
    5. Altidore (Johnson)
    6. Kljestan (Feilhaber/Clark)

...I'd like to have called up Stuart Holden, Brian Ching, Chad Marshall, Cory Gibbs, Kenny Cooper, and Chris Rolfe, but due to injury i guess that's a no go.

...i'm leaving euros Bobby Convey, Danny Califf, Michael Bradley, Steve Cherundolo, Marcus Hahnemann, Charlie Davies, Sal Zizzo, Kamani Hill, Lee Nguyen, Danny Szetela, and Carlos Bocanegra with their clubs

...also, i don't want to call up Bornstein, Hejduk, Freeman, D. Robinson, E. Robinson, Perkins, Goodson, Soumare, C.Barrett, Gomez, Rogers, Gaven, Twellman, Mastroeni, Noonan, Mapp, Carroll, Moor, Arnaud, McCarty, Ihemelu, Wynne, Martino, Movsisyan, Wolff, White, Burciaga, Mathis, Cunningham, Mullan, Davis, Dunivant, Boswell, Beckerman, and Olsen for this game.

23. Bigrose30

Bigrose30 Member+

Sep 11, 2004
    Jersey City, NJ
    He's day to day with his injury. With New York already missing Dane Richards due to yellow card suspension, I don't think Bruce will be giving up Jozy very easily for the game.

Not that Bruce has a choice in reality. However, if he asks Bob not to pick him, I'm thinking he won't.

24. Clint Eastwood

Clint Eastwood Member+

Dec 23, 2003
    Somerville, MA
    Club:
    FC Dallas
    I think Bob will start a team which he thinks is our A team. I'm not saying that this would be my team, but its what Bob will play with.

-----Donovan-----Johnson--
    Beasley-Mastroeni--Feilhaber--Dempsey
    Bornstien-Bocanegra-Onyewu-Spector
    ------------Howard-------------

I believe in Bob's mind this isn't a game to experiment with youngsters. This is Brazil with Kaka and Ronaldinho. If you throw newbies out there you're likely to get embarrased at home. In other words, this won't be the time when he checks out Edu, Altidore, Holden, Alvarez, etc. to see if they can help us in WCQ. This will be the Gold Cup Team.

So the 20 man roster will be:

GOALKEEPERS (2) –Tim Howard (Everton FC), Matt Reis (Revs)

DEFENDERS (7) –Carlos Bocanegra (Fulham FC), Jonathan Bornstein (Chivas USA), Frankie Hejduk (Columbus Crew), Oguchi Onyewu (Standard de Liege), Michael Parkhurst (New England Revolution), Frank Simek (Sheffield Wednesday), Jonathan Spector (West Ham United)

MIDFIELDERS (7) – DaMarcus Beasley (PSV Eindhoven), Michael Bradley (SC Heerenveen), Ricardo Clark (Houston Dynamo), Clint Dempsey (Fulham FC), Benny Feilhaber (Hamburger SV), Justin Mapp (Chicago Fire), Pablo Mastroeni (Colorado Rapids)

FORWARDS (4) – Brian Ching (Houston Dynamo), Landon Donovan (Los Angeles Galaxy), Eddie Johnson (Kansas City Wizards), Taylor Twellman (New England Revolution)

25. Kevin8833

Kevin8833 Member

Jun 18, 2007
    Estero, FL
    Here's the lineup I am guessing we will see.

Howard
    Hejduk Onyewu Conrad Bornstein
    Donovan Bradley Mastroeni Beasley
    Dempsey Johnson