When are we going play a friendly against ENGLAND?

Discussion in 'Australia' started by Cloudkicker09, Jan 24, 2007.

1. Cloudkicker09

Cloudkicker09 Member

Jun 13, 2006
    Windy City, Chicago
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    We have played Greece, the Netherlands (that was more of Guus's doing then ours but that is everything these days which we are all greatful for), Paraguay, Ghana and now Denmark. But I have one question: When are we going to play England. I mean out of all of the friendliess that we are playing or could possibly play this is the ONE that is staring right at us as the most obvious and easiest friendly to set up.

REASONS WHY WE SHOULD PLAY ENGLAND

1. Easiest friendly to set up, They live in England, most of the Socceroos live and play in England, and we are going to play in an English stadium anyways.

2. GURANTEED to be a sold out, hyped football ball match, we can play at Old Trafford and sell out the place easy.

3. Suprised that after the beating we gave the English in the Ashes, they did not challenge us to a game of footie, in an effort to reclaim their dominance over us in some form of sport. Even though we would be forced to give them another beating on the pitch. How about the loser has to wear the winners kit to practice the next day

4. Just like Portugal vs Brazil, this is about creator vs the createe.

I mean, am I the only who feels this way?

2. Akumastarr

Akumastarr New Member

Jul 18, 2006
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I completely agree with everything you said dude altho there is one team that I would like to see us play above England, the US of A. Pretty much for some of the same reasons you said except at least with them, we have a higher likelihood of picking up the W.

3. ysantos

ysantos Member

United States
    Sep 24, 2006
    Gardena
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As a fan of the US of A, living in the US of A, I'd pay to see that. If something is ever worked out and the game is held in Southern California, I'll be there. Not sure about an Australian "W" though.

4. Azzballz the Great

Azzballz the Great New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Sydney
    i like the sound of aus vs usa.

battle of the new world's :cool:

5. Blitzwing

Blitzwing New Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Playing both the US and England more would be great, they are two of our closest allies but also fiercest sporting rivals, especially England who seem to be our no.1 enemy in just about every sport except football.

6. Iaco

Iaco Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I hate USA.

7. Sydney General

Jul 3, 2006
    Sydney
    Their people are alright but Like the good old Oz the leadership (in both sides) sucks dogs balls.

And we have played England.. Ahhh yes 3-1 both full strength sides. the look of absolute shock and disgust on english fans, players and management.. That was a good day..

8. notyalc

notyalc New Member

Dec 9, 2006
    i am happy as a pig in mud. 2 games against argentina. in australia. figure i'll try to get tickets for the sydney game.

england isn't on my list of dream friendlies. they played awful football in the world cup. but hey, to each their own.

my list.

argentina (it's happening)
    cote d'voire
    brazil
    spain (the world's greatest underachievers)
    croatia (round 2 baby!)
    uruguay (round 3 :) )

9. AussieLionHearts

AussieLionHearts BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 23, 2006
    Sydney
    I hate Melbourne. :p

10. AussieLionHearts

AussieLionHearts BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jun 23, 2006
    Sydney
    Cote d'voire would be awesome to play. We beat England in cricket why not thrash them in football too. :D

11. bound for glory

bound for glory New Member

Jan 25, 2007
    Perth, Australia
    Club:
    Perth Glory
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    yeh they should hold an ashes every few years, winner gets a trophy in best of three games, alternating countries

12. Azzballz the Great

Azzballz the Great New Member

Dec 23, 2006
    Sydney
    The agentina match's have me salvutating at the mouth, for a chance to beat the chit out of a country that made an absolute dick of themselves in the davis cup semi-finals, and thier hatred for australia just makes me want it even more.

Flithy kunts

13. SSbit

SSbit New Member

Sep 18, 2006
    Sydney
    Don't think England would agree to another friendly given we beat them 3-1 last time

14. ysantos

ysantos Member

United States
    Sep 24, 2006
    Gardena
    Club:
    CD Chivas USA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Sucks to be England. The US could always use some competition other than Mexico, and the rest of Concacaf. We'll be waiting for you guys.

15. NoRightFoot

NoRightFoot Member

May 18, 2006
    Melbourne, at times.
    Club:
    Malmo FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Why? :confused:

Whats to hate? If you spend anytime there you'll find it's a lot like Australia only on a bigger scale. And if you're relating this to American BS posters, a lot of them are people who just live in the US. The same at the WC last year where I'm sure there would have been Japanese people living in Australia who would have been dissing us after we flogged Japan. Most Australians/Americans that have had any interaction at all generally get along quite well.

16. leg_breaker

leg_breaker Member

Dec 23, 2005
    Football has nothing to do with cricket. Believe it or not most English football fans don't like cricket or follow the Ashes, and vice versa.

17. Iaco

Iaco Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Who the fuck are Sydney.

18. Iaco

Iaco Member

Apr 1, 2006
    Melbourne
    Club:
    Juventus FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I dont hate the people just the country, alot of aussies feel the same way.

19. Swab the poopdeck

Swab the poopdeck New Member

Jun 5, 2006
    in gurland
    I seriously fucking hope you're taking the piss. That would be a very sad state of affairs if it was true. Which it isn't.

20. NoRightFoot

NoRightFoot Member

May 18, 2006
    Melbourne, at times.
    Club:
    Malmo FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    You'll have to start again. What is/would be a sad state of affairs if it were true, and what isn't? :confused:

21. Bruzza

Bruzza New Member

Feb 9, 2006
    Your backyard
    Absolute rubbish.
    Australia is so far different than America. Demographically it is totally different, spatially in terms of population, and the way in which the public act and think is totally different compared to here.
    I thought i would just add that in.

Ive wanted to see the Us play the Socceroo's for sometime now, i think it would be an awesome match.

22. Swab the poopdeck

Swab the poopdeck New Member

Jun 5, 2006
    in gurland
    No need to start again. If it isn't obvious then I don't know what is.

23. NoRightFoot

NoRightFoot Member

May 18, 2006
    Melbourne, at times.
    Club:
    Malmo FF
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Well if you want to bring up statistics thats your business. I lived in Los Angeles and Sacramento for three and a half years and apart from the first month or so of settling felt completely at home.
    Well forgive me but I don't see any sense in playing the USA. We are a better team anyway. What is to be gained from it? And the "I'd love to see us beat the yanks" is not a legitimate reason. I'd much rather see us play opposition where we might actually learn something and be better for the outing. I'm not sure what we'd learn from the US.

24. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    I think that is a legitimate reason, esp. after Bruce Arena's comments prior to the last World Cup. I know he's gone, but it will help prove a point, and maybe raise some money for the FFA, thru crowds and tv rights to the US.....

Are they good enough!! :)

25. el-capitano

el-capitano Moderator
    Staff Member

Aug 30, 2005
    Sydney
    Club:
    Liverpool FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Australia
    Back on topic- I would also like to play more regularly against England- it won't happen as they are too scared of losing their reputation....... gutless FA!! :)