What's wrong with Portuguese League

Discussion in 'Portugal' started by Benfica_fan, Sep 29, 2003.

1. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    I think people like pinto da costa and valentim loureiro are destroying the league. pinto da costa comes on tv and talks about how small all the other teams are in the league, and he continues to attack Benfica and sporting everytime for no reason. It's no suprise to see porto is getting the benefit of the calls in the last two games. Costinha and R.Carvalho should of recieved direct red cards against Benfica, and Derlei should of gotten a red card against Guimaraes. Also, how can a ref take away a clean goal like the one Joao Tomas scored for Guimaraes? Even though I hate sporting, I agree with them when they said that certain people are controlling who wins and who loses each week. As for loureiro, he just doesn't know how to run the league. The league allows referees to go on tv and talk about a game he officiates before and after it is played. Any other league in the world would suspend the a ref for that. He allows club presidents and coaches to verbally attack whoever and whatever they want without penalizing them. It's ridiculous.

2. biggyv

biggyv Member

May 18, 2000
    PGH PA
    I agree 100%. I admit that Benfica has gotten a number of calls over the years, but I clearly think Porto is the beneficiary this season. I don't know why. And yes, Pinto da Costa is a jackass.

The referees in this league are atrocious. It's gotten to the point that the FPF should consider bringing in foreign refs. Although we know that would never happen.

3. Frank Cunha

Frank Cunha New Member

Sep 17, 2001
    UNION TOWNSHIP, NJ
    what happen to the friendship of Porto and Sporting presidents?

that's what happen when the president of Sporting try to kiss Pinto da Costa ass,

4. Benfica_fan

Benfica_fan Member

Jun 5, 2002
    Connecticut
    Your right, it seems like the only solution would be to use foreign refs if it were possible. The Portuguese league is corrupt!