what's up with Fox Sports World?

Discussion in 'Germany' started by rafaelj, Dec 2, 2004.

1. wolfsburgh

wolfsburgh Member

Aug 6, 2001
    Pittsburgh, PA
    The Bayern/Stuttgart game is by far the best game on Saturday. If what has been said earlier in this thread is true (and I still haven't seen any verification), FSW gets second choice. No doubt the entity with first choice chose the Bayer/Stuttgart game. After that, there really isn't much to choose from. Second best game is probably Hannover/Hertha, but if FSW chose that game, everybody would be complaining about FSW becoming the Hertha Berlin network (since that would be at least three straight games). After that, Bochum/Hamburg is as good as any other others.

2. SoftTackle

SoftTackle Member

Jan 16, 2004
    Missoula, MT
    Club:
    FC Bayern München
    What is extra annoying is that there doesn't appear to be any market for Setenta's game. Are there a bunch of German bars up in Wisconsin that pick it up? We have various German Deli/Bars here that air the Saturday match but nobody has a big dish to pick up the Setenta PPV. So we are completely SOL if we want to watch the best matchup of the week.

3. lond2345

lond2345 Member

Aug 19, 2002
    USA
    What is happening with fox sports world? they have realized that americans care only about the english premier league and mls.

4. Pichi

Pichi Moderator
    Staff Member

Dec 17, 1999
    San Jose, CA
    Club:
    Real Betis
    Nat'l Team:
    Spain
    FSW did the same when they had the Spanish Liga every weekend it was a Celta de Vigo match to include UEFA Cup matches, sprinkled in every once in a while was a Deportivo Coruna match when there were some great matchups of other teams!

Our comment on the Spain list was that the Spanish Soccer Director was probably married to a Gallega (women from the Galicia region where Vigo and Coruna are located). The German director at FSW might just be married to a berliner or maybe the guy was stationed in Berlin with the Berlin Brigade and he just reminices about his tour in Berlin through the feed of Hertha matches!

1FCN

Pichi

:rolleyes:

5. picaraza

picaraza New Member

Jul 27, 2003
    California
    No. Not true at all.

More Americans care about the MFL than either. ;)

6. SS2006

SS2006 Member

Oct 30, 2004
    London, Canada
    exactly, just cause ur bayern fans doenst mean they alwasy have to bring bayern games. your not the only one paying to watch this channel. i do too and i want hamburg games. and my wish is granted tomorrow :) thanks FSW