What's the word on Branam?

Discussion in 'NJ/NY Sky Blue' started by crog1967, Aug 16, 2009.

1. crog1967

crog1967 Member

May 5, 2009
    Club:
    Atlanta Beat
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Does anyone know the nature or extent of Branam's injuries?

Congrats Sky Blue! I'm pulling for y'all to go all the way.

2. Cville K C

Cville K C Member

Nov 3, 2008
    Collinsville, IL
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  3. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I guess she did ok, huh? :D

Now we'll see how she does against Marta and Co. who have an entirely different gear of offense than St.Louis.

4. BlitzSpiele

BlitzSpiele Member

Sep 7, 2007
    Geez, Branam played great againt St. Louis last night despite her injury from the Freedom game. I have questions about the lingering effect of the VICIOUS undercutting which didn't even end up with a foul nor a yellow card nor a red card--all three would have been just calls. Keep in mind that this is the handiwork of Ted Uncle, the referee. Hopefully this yahoo won't be calling the final.

Anyway, back to the question, how's Jenni doing.

5. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    hopefully that blind clown won't even be around including next year. The league needs to take a hard look at this!

I hear Branam is good to go....tough as nails!

6. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    It was nice to see Solo and Branam hug at the end. I wonder if Solo was thinking "I've been beaten so I must congratulate her."

Truth be told, Solo was amazing and with most other goalies SkyBlue would've won 3-0. Solo was player of the game for the Athletica no doubt and Averbach was for SkyBlue because without that slick move she made to free up Dowling SkyBlue would not have had the game winning goal. Is there a seperate thread for that? LOL

7. kool-aide

kool-aide Member+

Feb 1, 2002
    a van by the river
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    The league does not hire or assign the refs. Nor does MLS. Refs are the purview of USSF.

8. sisterluke

sisterluke Member

Sep 27, 2008
    Los Angeles,CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Not to shock anybody, but has anybody read how Branam is supposedly suffering from some undisclosed illness?? What exactly does that mean? The flu? Regardless she's still going to appear in the game today

9. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    Not the flu! personal

10. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    either way..he is awful and has been all year...

11. dianamo-superstriker

Sep 30, 2007
    California
    ?????

The commentators said dehydration..

12. soccerreigns

soccerreigns New Member

Jul 22, 2009
    they just talk to hear themselves!!!!they don't have much clue on things in this league..they are always assuming..just like when somoene is taken out they say it must be fitness or etec. etc..or why Kai isn't starting....they don't know...they are speculating..oh its her shoulder or its super sub!!!

13. MRAD12

MRAD12 Member+

Jun 10, 2004
    Chicago
    Club:
    Chicago Fire
    I was actually disappointed when Branam was released from Chicago Red Stars. I talked to her on a few occasions when she was here and thought she would fit in well. I remember her days at UNC and was familiar with her goalkeeping style. I remember someone saying something about her not passing the physical or something in Chicago. I don't know how true that is, however, she looked fine to me during the season. And it worked out for her. Emma hayes would have never started her over Jonsson and she would have rotted on the bench in Chicago this season. Good for her. I hope she's fine.

14. Stepup

Stepup New Member

Aug 21, 2008
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    The word on Branam is "she is one touch act to follow". Love yea Jenn, couldn't have done it without you.

15. RUfan

RUfan Member

Dec 11, 2004
    NJ
    Club:
    Sky Blue FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Alexander had a injury and Sawyers went looking for another starting GK, and I wonder if he asked Chicago to release Branam (as you say she was not going to play much there); she was picked up within one or two days of her release without any "physical" issues.

16. REALfootballRulez

May 25, 2007
    Club:
    Saint Louis Athletica
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I wonder if Branam went to Disneyworld! LOL!