whats the story with edgar davids

Discussion in 'Juventus' started by 10Ronaldinho11, Sep 10, 2003.

1. 10Ronaldinho11

10Ronaldinho11 New Member

Sep 10, 2003
    whats the story with edgar davids, i heard he cant play until january or something, please fill me in

2. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
  3. phillips10

phillips10 New Member

Oct 15, 2001
    Cranford
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    when I saw the title I thought this might be about Davids getting sent off in the first 14 mins of Holland's crucial qualifier vs. the Czech Rep...not sure what he was thinking, the second YC was a clear push for a PK...

Talk about a guy out of form....

4. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I have not heard anything about him. Juventus will likely sell him when the tarnsfer window reopen in X'mas. It makes business sense to keep him CL eligible.

5. dah_sab

dah_sab New Member

Mar 8, 2001
    Austin, TX
    Edgar came on as a sub yesterday v. Chievo. He took a nasty shot at one point but stayed in the game. They pushed Appiah out to the right (in place of Camorenesi.)

At first glance it appears Davids and Appiah can't play together this way - Appiah worked hard but his crosses were almost all short. He needs to be in the middle. But then Davids and Tacchinardi are already there.

6. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    I agree that Appiah's crosses were subpar. He's a direct sub for Davids, and I like him. He doesn't have the baggage (eg Davids got a yellow card in his brief appearance, on the same play he was hurt - banged knees on an awkward tackle).

Saw this report that Umberto Agnelli believes Davids is gone after this season.

http://www.channel4.com/sport/football_italia/sep15c.html

7. julio319

julio319 New Member

Jul 19, 2003
    th last i heard was on Saturday 12th Sept, when David's agent says davids wants to renew his contract they are just waiting for the club.

I hope davids stays!!

FORZA JUVE!!!

8. BadReligion

BadReligion New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Washington, DC
    Anything they can get for Davids will be worth it. He's not exactly a spring chicken anymore, and from the looks of it, he seems to have lost his edge. I'll go ahead and predict he's out by January. To where, I don't know. I would say Chelsea, but they've already got Makelele and Petit for holding mids. Perhaps Roma will finally make good on their 978 or so rumored attempts at buying him, who knows. :)

9. sccerchek

sccerchek New Member

Aug 20, 2002
    Gulf Coast
    but who can replace davids ??

Davids is a key player for juve, and been with them awhile and helped juve to alot of there championships.

10. SueB

SueB New Member

Mar 23, 1999
    Waterbury, VT
    Appiah seems to be doing quite well in his role.

11. nicephoras

nicephoras A very stable genius

Fucklechester Rangers
    Jul 22, 2001
    Eastern Seaboard of Yo! Semite
    He's jumped the shark

Still a good player, but I think he's looked a bit aimless on the pitch, kind of like Simeone when he got on too far in age.
    I'm really glad your management refused to sell him to Chelsea - I thought that aside from Crespo he would have been our most unnecessary buy (although I didn't see the point of buying Makelele except to weaken Real).
    At this point if Roma still wants to buy him, I'd take what I can get. Appiah does look like he's settling in very well.

12. prk166

prk166 BigSoccer Supporter

Aug 8, 2000
    Med City
    If anyone buys him, that is. Great player but I do believe he's out of contract come this summer. I'm suprised given his spats with his coach last year that Juve didn't try harder to sell him in the off season.

13. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I was surprise. Juventus will get nothing for him if they wait.