whats the best way to go to Foreshore area from airport in Cape Town?

Discussion in 'World Cup 2010: Fans & Travel' started by gameson, Jun 19, 2010.

1. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Besides taxi, of course. I m staying @ the Hotel Formula One in foreshore area in Cape Town

If taxi, what's the average price so I know what to bargain?

Thanks.

2. Pule

Pule New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    MY CiTi IRT is the best way to get to the CBD from Airport.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. Pule

Pule New Member

Aug 3, 2006
  4. BoughtMyPoints

BoughtMyPoints New Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    The airport bus (and the stadium shuttle) stops 100 yards from the Formula 1 hotel. That hotel is now doing gangbuster business now that the secret is out.

The manager is a Scot named Colin and a wonderful guy. He's delighted to be hosting fans from around the world.

The hotel has its own armed security, which is somewhat superfluous because the area is crawling with police and other security personnel. Around the corner is The News Cafe and a lvel below is a Paulaner beer tent!

5. Pule

Pule New Member

Aug 3, 2006
    And the point here??? :(

6. gameson

gameson Member

May 5, 2006
    Club:
    AC Milan
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    Cool. Thank you for the reply. How do I get the airport bus from the airport? Which stop do I need to take to arrive in the hotel? What's the cost?

Thanks.

7. BoughtMyPoints

BoughtMyPoints New Member

Mar 27, 2009
    Club:
    Queens Park Rangers FC
    What's with these ultra defensive South Africans?

I only meet your type on the internet, never in real life and I have lived in South Africa for 8 years.

Either you're being paid to plant posts here or you just don't think people can handle the unvarnished truth about your country.

I was the first to recommend this hotel and I am letting people know the security situation there now that I have stayed in it, which happens to be EXCELLENT.

I am sure all those journalists and cameramen reportedly robbed in FIFA approved hotels and lodges wish they had the same level of security that this modest hotel does.

So what's your problem?