what's that MPF crap anyway??

Discussion in 'New York Red Bulls' started by Y&B POWER, Nov 6, 2003.

1. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    this is the most pathetic campaign i have ever seen

let's get real,most of us follow the Metros as a hobby not celebrating wins and don't mourn losses
    our baseball/football/hockey teams are much more important to us than the Metros would ever be so why we need all that MPF crap on ?

2. Beowulf

Beowulf New Member

Dec 2, 1998
    speak for yourself. Or maybe go post on the Giants or Yankees board or something.

3. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    your nick seems familiar
    i believe i saw it on the WCOTC forums but perhaps i'm wrong

as for the matter,don't get me wrong i'll be glad if the Metros will overcome NE but i believe most of you wouldn't take it hard if they won't

4. Casper

Casper Member+

Mar 30, 2001
    New York
    It's just not a very sensible thing to post on the Metros board. I'm a big fan of teams in other sports, but I don't have season tickets to those teams or come on the team message board at some point after every game. This is one of the places you're most likely to find people who do mourn Metros losses and celebrate victories. The only other place to find a higher percentage of people like that would be in 101.

5. metros11

metros11 Member

Sep 11, 1999
    Highlands of NJ
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    so, how many games did you go to this year?

6. Stogey23

Stogey23 Member+

Dec 12, 1998
    San Diego, CA
    More Playoff Failure

7. studsup

studsup New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Garden State, born N
    Y&B boy,

Shame on you! It's not too late for you, though.
    Good thing you posted.

Take off that stupid baseball cap, take off those lame pajamas with the little footballs, put down that Islanders frosty mug, stop looking at that Joe Namoth alarm clock.
    Take off that rediculous looking collectible Walt Frazier fur coat, stop trying to fit your feet into those hockey skates in the house!

Now this Sunday turn on the TV to the Metro- Revs game. Soccertv.com has all the times. If we can hear you cheer and applaud from here, all is forgiven.

Go Metro!

8. UncleLTrain

UncleLTrain New Member

May 19, 2002
    Moscow, Russia
    If they don't I'll take my aggression out on you first.

9. copaantl98

copaantl98 Member

Apr 9, 2002
    Sad to say you're probably right.

10. Richie

Richie Red Card

May 6, 1999
    Brooklyn, NY, United
    Hey troll,

What does WCOTC mean? Never mind I don't really want to know.

I wouldn't take it hard because they are not playing a good game right now at this point and time. Usually you have to play a good game to deserve to win.

I do care about the game in general. Love the game most likely more then you love anything in your life because the game itself is great.

There are certain things people don't care about in general. We can't all care about everything. Like I don't care if the Arabs over ran israel, and took it over. It is irrelevant to me.

11. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    let's face it lads

if Boca will lose to River i'll be sad and i was frustrated when Rangers lost to Shitic but the Metros?
    you can have fun with them and cheer for them but in the end of the day you know it's just MLS we're dealing with
    i was a wee bit sad when we lost in the USOC final though coz it was at GS and it was a real opportunity to get the 1st trophy in Metros history but maybe it's for the best coz that way we could be the soccer version of the Cubs and there's a wee bit of magic of supporting a losing team :)

12. Roehl Sybing

Roehl Sybing Guest

Alright, just saying this makes me want to ignore you now.

13. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    At least Boca won't get double cups this year. River's still in the Sudamericana and Pelligrini better go great guns to win it--or else! Alas, Boca will probably get the league title, but we can throw a monkey wrench into that this weekend.

Your points about MLS and the MPF campaign are valid, but I don't want to be too hard on the fans. It is sad to watch the club let them all down, especially after the tank job in the Open. The club should be ashamed of itself.

14. studsup

studsup New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Garden State, born N
    If you can say -" it's just MLS we're dealing with"
    Then you can't say - " when we lost "
    Because you are simply not one of us.

Go Metro! Three goals on Sunday!
    There, now a feel a "wee bit" better.

15. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC
    i support the Metros like you(and i coincidently) support Liverpool

good nuff?

16. studsup

studsup New Member

Aug 12, 2001
    Garden State, born N
    Spoken like a gentleman.

Will be listening for your cheers on Sunday when we score.

off topic - Go Diouf !!

17. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    Re: Re: what's that MPF crap anyway??

Hey Roehl, thanks for putting up the good fight against the S.I. Republicans. Lanza's a menace, but at least he's outnumbered in the Council. Next time you run, drop me a line... or if you need any help with the CFB's post election audit, I'd be happy to help out a fellow soccer fan/Democrat.

18. Metrogo

Metrogo Member

Apr 6, 1999
    Washington Hghts NY
    I only like soccer. Go ahead, Ellison, hate me.

19. riverplate

riverplate Member+

Jan 1, 2003
    Corona, Queens
    Club:
    CA River Plate
    That guy ran for the City Council??!! He may do it again??!! What the hell if he wins??!! I swear if that happens...

Ciudad de Mexico, here I come again--and this time I'm tearing up my passport and staying!!

20. Y&B POWER

Y&B POWER New Member

Apr 22, 2002
    Ramat-Hasharo Israel
    Club:
    Glasgow Rangers FC

:)