Whats happening to the Caribbean teams? [Я]

Discussion in 'Caribbean' started by MoRado, Sep 12, 2008.

1. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    Cuba, Haiti, and Jamaica are almost out f the WC, Trinidad has good chances, but i think Guatemala is gonna win that race for the second place, so i think we wont see any caribbean team in the final Hex

what do you guys think is causing this? Is it gonna change in this second part of the groupstage?

2. theworm2345

theworm2345 Member

Jun 30, 2005
    Chicago, IL, USA
    Nat'l Team:
    Ireland Republic
    For Jamaica and T&T I believe its on the managers. I don't know what happened to Simoes in the past ten years, but he seems to have lost it. Maturana isn't much better. Both not only don't call many of their generally more talented overseas players, but when they do they leave them on the bench (see: Dennis Lawrence and Jason Scotland). The rest of the teams all squeaked through the last round (Cuba not so much) and weren't really expected to do much I don't think.

3. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    simple economics can explain this: inflated Rankings from the the Caribbean cup made every team from the Caribbean look good and strong. but now that the sides have become better their side is not looking as good as before.

4. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    Jamaica never benefited from these so call inflated rankings you speak of and we managed to beat you guys 2-0.;) Also we are in a group where doubt I you guys would have gotten a point on the road.

5. Guatefc

Guatefc New Member

Jun 1, 2005
    Washington DC
    Nat'l Team:
    Guatemala
    Before you speak any further my friend, if you pull the line up for that game in Jamaica where we lost 2-0, it was a severly depleted squad for Guatemala compare to the side that we have available, now if jamaica was to play the Guatemala that has played in the WCQ Offense Minded Primi-ball, it would be a different story, ask trinidad, who thought they had an easy 3 points in port of spain..

now you say we couldn't get a point in the road versus the sides in your group but we have before last cycle, against Honduras and Canada if i'm not mistaken knocking them both out for the 2006 WCQ..

Point is Its crunch time and Jamaica only turns up the heat in mealiness friendlies to boost Morale. but there ego's get Inflated like the rankings and they think there individual pedigree abroad can take them. same goes to Haiti...

6. chec

chec Member

Feb 9, 2005
    Toronto
    Club:
    Manchester United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    Trinidad and Tobago
    All the CFU teams are a rough time this cycle. :(

7. ja2ny

ja2ny Member

Aug 5, 2008
    long Island,N.Y.
    Both Canada and Honduras have a much stronger squad from the last cycle, before you go any futher.

I'm sure Jamaica has a winning record vs you guys in crunch time as you put it. When was the last time you guys made the World Cup ?

8. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    When it comes to Haiti, the reasons are simple. You can look at them as excuses, but they are facts. Our federation is the most incompetent federation in Concacaf...by far. No money to buy tickets for overseas players ( a good Ligue 1 keeper like Johny Placide would have helped) no money for decent training camps, no money for decent coach. I dont have the exact numbers but the #1 source of revenue for our federation is digicel...about 10 000$ a month.... Also...Haiti has a striker problem..( since Peguero is injured). We haven't had a real striker since Golman Pierre. You can control the ball all you want, but if no one can put that ball in the net...possesion means nothing. Haitian football is just a mess right now.

9. MoRado

MoRado New Member

Feb 6, 2004
    San José. Costa Rica
    Club:
    Deportivo Saprissa
    Nat'l Team:
    Costa Rica
    and noel?

10. pace8

pace8 Member

Aug 17, 2006
    Miami and Montreal
    Club:
    Montreal Impact
    Nat'l Team:
    Haiti
    Fabrice Noel is not a big time striker. he scored 6 goals in the USL-1 with the PR Islanders. We have always said that he should be used in the haitian NT as an offensive mid...not a striker but for some reason the coaches dont get that. He misses alot of clear goals but he is a good playmaker.