What's AEG's address?

Discussion in 'San Jose Earthquakes' started by Old Man!, Dec 17, 2005.

1. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    How about some pop up pictures of a bird?

[​IMG]

2. TonyHarrison

TonyHarrison Member

Sep 7, 2008
    San Francisco
    Club:
    West Ham United FC
    Nat'l Team:
    England
    whatever that is, it's pretty sweet.

3. Alan S

Alan S Member

Jun 1, 2001
    Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Q: What's AEG's address?

This is a statement from AEG Live about Michael Jackson's health.

See 10th paragraph for the quote.

CNN story, June 27,2009

4. markmcf8

markmcf8 Member+

Oct 18, 1999
    Vancouver, WA, USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where there's a will, there's a way. :D

www.dogdoo.com

There's your answer my friends, and a damn funny website into the bargain.

AEG sucks. I wish all manner of bad things upon them, professionally and personally. They are a bunch of scum-sucking PigShaggers.

GO QUAKES!!!
    FUAEG!!!

- Mark

5. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Q: What's AEG's address?

They've lied before, they'll lie again.

6. Alan S

Alan S Member

Jun 1, 2001
    Palo Alto, CA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Re: Q: What's AEG's address?

But you have to parse that quote, to appreciate the scumocity behind it!!!

What the hell does "as healthy as he can be" mean? If someone has terminal cancer, are they "as healthy as they can be" given the circumstances? Pump the guy up with demerol and push him out on stage was the plan.

AEG Live is now planning the "tribute concert" to make sure they get as much money as possible off this calimity.

Everything AEG touches - whether it is bring Beckham to The States to popularize soccer or enabling a pop star's drug addiction by paying for a full-time doctor to slip him happy pills - to turns into poop. That is their business - selling poop.

7. yalpstel

yalpstel Member

Oct 12, 2000
    Bay Area, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    <---- stumbling in as she wipes the sleep from her eyes. I feel a little like Rumpletilskin :p

Boy it's been a long time and the first thing I see on the forum is a thread from 3 1/2 years ago in which I was the first reply to the OP!

How weird is that? It was meant to be. Thought it might be a good time to return on the eve of a HUGE US game.

Just wanted to say.....AEG STILL SUCKS and will SUCK forever. I am so NOT surprised that they were involved with Michael Jackson and now Michael Jackson is dead. My best guess is respiratory arrest that led to the cardiac arrest due to the demerol . They're probably gonna find something for anxiety and sleep thrown in there for good measure as well.

So hello everyone. Good to be back. See ya 'round!

8. Earthshaker

Earthshaker BigSoccer Supporter

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He was a drugged-out freak that molested little boys. No sadness from this corner.

9. falvo

falvo Member+

Mar 27, 2005
    San Jose & Florence
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    Italy
    AEG pyobably distrbuted/sold him the drugs.........

10. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    And I'll bet you have stories to tell. Welcome back! Good to see you on the boards again!

11. Goodsport

Goodsport Moderator
    Staff Member

May 18, 1999
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Welcome back, yalpstel! :)

GO SAN JOSE EARTHQUAKES!!! :cool:

-G

12. JazzyJ

JazzyJ BigSoccer Supporter

Jun 25, 2003
    He may or may not have been that. Not many people know for sure. He was certainly unusual. And he was a phenomenally talented and innovative entertainer, whether you care for his type of entertainment or not.

13. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    1) Drugs-His abuse of prescription drugs is well documented, and MJ himself even admitted to it.

2) Freak-His freakiness is also well-documented.

3) Child molester-It is well known that he paid $10 million+ dollars to buy the silence of one of his victims. He admitted on national television that he had kids over for "sleepovers" and thought there was nothing wrong with it.

Let's add that back up. Drugged-out freak that molested little boys.

Certainly he was an incredibly talented and innovative entertainer. And OJ was an incredibly talented football player before he butchered two people.

14. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Drug abuse is not exactly a good reason to be pleased or apathetic about someone's death. It's an illness.

Nothing wrong with being different. Who cares?

Neither of those items you list prove that he molested children. Whether or not something happened, when you invite children over for sleepovers and you are (were) a mega-millionaire, you are asking for trouble. He has never been proven to be a child molester in a court of law. You can of course come to your own conclusion. But just be aware that you know very very little about what actually happened.

15. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    And I thought you were one of the more sane ones on here JazzyJ.;) You been knockin' back the Jesus Juice?:p

I realize it is not unheard of for companies to settle out of court because it would be cheaper than fighting an allegation, even though they know they are in the right. But, to pay $10+ million?

16. TyffaneeSue

TyffaneeSue moderator
    Staff Member

Nov 15, 2003
    Upstairs
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Well, I was never a huge MJ fan, but can easily acknowledge that he was one of the most talented if eccentric phenomena of our era. Despite his talent and charisma, he always struck me as a lost and confused person, and a lot of the affectations (the sleepovers, Neverland) seemed to reflect a longing to repair the damage.

We won't ever know whether there was molestation, but seriously, what kind of parent would have sent a child to stay overnight with this man? My cynical self says someone who is hoping to extract a large sum of money from him.

I am saddened by his death, but on the other hand, he peaked when he was 23 and it's kind of amazing he lasted to 50. Can you imagine an 80-year-old Michael Jackson?

17. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I'm surprised to see one of my old threads resurrected, but I thought I'd mention that I did send a letter to MLS HQ back in December of '05 and received a 2-page personal communication back from Don Garber. I can't remember any of the specifics, but it certainly seemed from the letter that Garber was in a tough place since AEG essentially controlled the league back then, so if AEG was going to move the Quakes to Houston, then DG could really only encourage them not to. He seemed genuinely upset about the situation and commented on some unnamed groups that were already working to return the Quakes ASAP. I threw in some stuff about Miami and Tampa Bay towards the end of the letter for good measure, and to these he was sympathetic, but not nearly as passionate about returning to as San Jose.

18. Old Man!

Old Man! BigSoccer Supporter

RIP Chicago Fire
    Mar 11, 2000
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    By the way, AEG LIVE won't lose any money on MJ's death. The whole concert series was insured, and they are just waiting for the toxicology report to come back so that they will know what to file the claim under. One could argue that they may still actually make some money off the insurance.

19. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    As far as I know, that is absolutely correct. Whether AEG actually blindsided MLS is something I don't know, but they did use their dominant position to force through the hijacking. AEG is utter evil.

20. Albany58

Albany58 Member+

Sep 14, 1999
    Concord, CA USA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But are they criminally complicit in Jackson's death? Did they facilitate Jackson's drug supply so that it was adequate at all times?

21. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    At one time $10 million to him was like $10k to us. I would imagine that he would have done just about anything to avoid going thru the whole trial madness, with the media frenzy, etc.

Nope, just knockin' back the "presumption of innocence" juice, a fundamental right in the U.S., backed by the 5th, 6th, and 14th amendments. :)

22. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    But, what is a reputation worth?

And the question is, if you had a young child, would you have let them go spend the night at Neverland Ranch?

23. Earthshaker

Sep 12, 2005
    The hills above town
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I read somewhere that it was Jackson who insisted to AEG that he have this personal doctor.

24. JazzyJ

Jun 25, 2003
    Not sure what you're getting at there, but it's not hard to understand why he might want to settle, and it doesn't necessarily mean he's guilty. He went through with the trial for a 2nd case and was acquitted.

Of course not. But that's not the question, because of course there's a chance that he's molested children. I've never disputed that. But we don't know for sure if he has or hasn't. That's what presumption of innocence is about. It could be that his actions were completely innocent, and horribly naive, and that he was targeted by parents looking to cash in on his naivete and wealth. Or not. We don't know. So why pretend that we know? I think that's the question.

25. Hawkeye17

Hawkeye17 DynaChick v QuakeBabe v WildKate v Chewie23

Aug 25, 1999
    Miami Vice 82
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    In this age of celebrity, what they want they will get.

-----
    Well, if anything I'm glad AEG won't be earning a buck off this event. Actually, whatever event under the AEG Live aegis comes to town--they're not getting a damn cent.

Could speculate on the what ifs but if those shows actually did take place--I'm betting those concerts would have tanked anyway--another reason for it to backfire in front of AEG's face!

Too bad Bill Graham Presents is gone... at least they knew how to run a show IMO...