Whatever happened to.....

Discussion in 'USA Men' started by Milos, Oct 6, 2003.

1. Milos

Milos Member+

Sep 6, 2003
    Iacon
    Club:
    Coventry City FC
    Could someone please tell me what became of Cobi Jones after he left Coventry and John harkes after he left Sheffield Wednesday and what are they doing now?

who ate all the pies?

2. Fah Que

Fah Que Member

Sep 29, 2000
    LA
    Club:
    San Jose Earthquakes
    never heard of them.

3. roarksown1

roarksown1 Member

Mar 30, 2001
    Playa del Rey, CA
    Club:
    Hamburger SV
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
  4. Theo

Theo New Member

Feb 14, 2000
    Philadelphia, PA
    on a related note...how did Cobi play during his time at Coventry? how long was he there for? was he successful? did the fans like him and his weird hair?

5. Ringo

Ringo Member

Jun 10, 2002
    Rough and Ready
    Club:
    Yeovil Town FC
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    if i'm not mistaken he flopped. flopped big time.
    but I could be remembering wrong ....

6. Milos

Milos Member+

Sep 6, 2003
    Iacon
    Club:
    Coventry City FC

He didn't do to well and as my memory serves me did not play that many games. We bought him after the 94 world cup when everyone was after USA players. We also had Roy Wegerle and did put in an offer for Alexei Lalas (not sure on spelling) but I think he went to Italy.

Cobi Jones was crap in Championship manager as well

7. Elninho

Elninho Member+

Sacramento Republic FC
    United States
    Oct 30, 2000
    Sacramento, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cobi Jones briefly played for Vasco da Gama in Brazil before joining the LA Galaxy when MLS started up in 1996. He's been with the Galaxy since. He played in both the 1998 and 2002 World Cups, was one of our better players in '98. Since 2001 he has been relegated to a substitute role on the national team; in 2002 he was very effective holding the ball and wasting time in the final minutes against Portugal and Mexico.

John Harkes went to Derby County after Sheffield Wednesday, and signed with DC United when MLS started up. He later played for New England and Columbus, and retired after the 2002 season. He was controversially left out of the 1998 World Cup squad, but returned to the national team for the first year of Bruce Arena's tenure. Harkes retired after the 2002 season, but played in DC United's home friendly against Tottenham Hotspur, which was something of a testimonial for him.

8. Wolves_67

Wolves_67 Member

Oct 27, 2002
    Pasadena, CA
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    He also made a great run down the left side in the last moments of the Mexico match and made a great cross to a wide open Donavan that should have been the 3rd goal..He also provided Mexico with a target for their frustrations.

9. purojogo

purojogo Member

Sep 23, 2001
    US/Peru home
    Club:
    New York Red Bulls
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think Cobi mistakenly crossed the border to Mexico where he is counted among all those women whose dissapearances have not been resolved ....All the fans in LA see is the ghost of his former self, which only performs when playing the Mexicans out of revenge what they "did" to him

10. Excape Goat

Excape Goat Member+

Mar 18, 1999
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    I thought he never made it to Brazil. Vasco da Gama signed him, but put him on loan to somewhere else. He never played a single minute for either clubs, but I am not sure.

Harkes played with West Ham before joining DC United. His best years were with Sheffield Wednesday. He was a benchwarmer for West Ham if he even makes to the bench.

11. MarioKempes

MarioKempes Member+

Real Madrid, DC United, anywhere Pulisic plays
    Aug 3, 2000
    Proxima Centauri
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Cobi did his best impression of a Mexican pinata.

12. Kaiser

Kaiser New Member

Nov 12, 2000
    dark side of the moo
    Tony Meola ate all the pies then moved to the midwest where he now eats corn-fed beef.