Whatever happened to.....

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by MrNiloBraun, May 4, 2007.

1. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Perhaps, but it's more fair this way, so the best go to the WC.

2. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    This is true.

3. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    I read an interview with Carlos Bianchi (BocaJrs) last year in which he stated that the current, everyone vs everyone, system is flawed and stacks the odds up against the smaller teams like us and benefits the bigger teams like Brasil and the argis.

Maybe it's true but I actually like the current format. Although it's a bit long, it creates some great matchups we'd never get to see. I love playing every other team.

Do we know what's going to hapen for next qualifiers?

Now that Brasil wont participate, I'm guessing we'll go back to some type of groups setup perhaps?

4. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nah, it's probably gonna be everyone vs everyone just as it was for '97, before FIFA started to disallow the previous champ, which was Brazil, an automatic bid.

5. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Interesting.... what did bianchi say exactly? Why??

6. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    its just going to be a 9 team world cup place meaning one more team minus brazil will qualify...so there will be 5.5 south american teams in the WC

7. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Nah, the continent of the hosting country always "suffers" and loses a bid.
    Based on the last time that happen for CONMEBOL (97), we're probably only gonna get 4 bids with the hope of 4.5.

8. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    im 300% sure im right...i read about it everywhere

9. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    wow, that would be amazing! We got 4.5 this year and I figured we would at least 4 with Brazil getting an automatic bid.

10. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    this is the weaker median countries like colombia and ecaudor and below to get an easy spot...hopefully bolivia steps up this WCQ

11. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    2014, Yea south America still gets their 4.5 spots, with brazil automatically qualified.

12. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You know Argentina, Paraguay, and possibly chile will make it.

So that leaves Uruguay, Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, and us fighting for that 1.5 spot. That's not bad at all!

A bigger incentive for Bolivia to get their shit together.

13. sergtp

sergtp Member

Oct 27, 2007
    Virginia
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Actually, you should know that Argentina, Uruguay, Chile, and Paraguay already have those four spots for sure.
    That would leave Ecuador, Colombia, Venezuela, Peru, and Bolivia fighting for that .5 spot.

14. gringolimon

gringolimon Member

Club Bolívar
    Bolivia
    Sep 12, 2007
    White Plains, NY
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    You may be right but I'd throw Uruguay in the mix.

15. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    yea ight...argentina and chile..every one else is unsure....uruguay is good but not that good IMO...

16. Eber1990

Eber1990 Member

Jul 1, 2008
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I agree but Uruguay and Paraguay are def better than the Andean countries, so they're most likely going tu the next WC and the andean countries will fight for the .5 spot.

17. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Brazil is already qualified. Cool.

Top three to qualify is Argentina, Chile and Uruguay. Uruguay is the weakest of the three, but boy do they play smart futbol.

The fourth team is likely Paraguay. In terms of quality of players, I would rank them on par with Colombia, Peru, Ecuador and even Bolivia. But like Uruguay, they play real smart futbol. Venezuela is still behind with technicallity, but they play smart as well.

I hope we defend more, force more errors, and counter well. I'm sick of our delicate futbolito style of play, and an attack that has litttle to no surprise.

We're going to have some decent up and coming players that will likely not be at their peak yet for 2014.

18. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Uruguay has very good players. Their style of play isn't attractive at all, but it's extremely smart futbol.

Our futbol may be attractive, but it sure is pointless.

19. vivabolivar

vivabolivar Member

Jan 16, 2006
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Agreed. However, let's not throw Argentina in there so quickly as long as Maradona stays there, JK, it's a stretch but with their players they should make it. Uruguay does play ugly at times but their defending is always good and they rely a lot on the counterattacking. Bolivia needs to keep playing friendlies with youngsters in there. The process has to start, and I think by putting Galindo in already was good, same with alvarez. It's like most coaches here in the NFL say after the playoffs, "the game is barely over and they're already thinking ahead for next season. we got to get a move on it, let's just hope the FBF doesnt clog it up like they always do.

20. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    The FBF is the biggest issue we have right now.

21. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    The funny thing is, our coach now Villegas, threw him and Alvarez under the bus for calling them up fron the pressure of the media... I hope that doesnt cause any problems. He should be integral part of our starting 11 from now on. His class is so easy to see. I wish we had him in the last qualifiers with his age now, and his ability now. We really needed a player like him to play opposite of Nacho' in the def. mid position. F*** Alex Da Rosa.

22. boliviankidd622

Apr 27, 2009
    Club:
    Real Madrid
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    ive been saying this for months and months!!

23. Piffy187

Piffy187 Member

Jul 26, 2009
    FL
    Club:
    CA Peñarol
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

24. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Well, we are not likely to qualify for the 2014 WC. If we keep playing futbolito on the pitch, you can forget about ever coming breaking the top 7 teams in South America.

We have a good group of up and coming players. 2018 is a safe year to safely say these players will be at their peak. 2014 may be too soon. Maybe. A bigger concern is getting a knowledgable coach. We'll have the players to break the top 5 teams in SA, but none of that matters if we have no surprise strategy and no defense.

25. Bolivianfuego

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    No chance though back then, he was still a 'kid' playing for real america, basically bolivian second division, no reason to get called up. But now he finally is ready, and is time to see what he has for our NT.