Whatever happened to.....

Discussion in 'Bolivia' started by MrNiloBraun, May 4, 2007.

1. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    Jose Luis Ortiz - I know he was w/Bayern M's youth team, but I think his contract wasn't renewed when he turned 18, I know he bounced to another team but never heard from him again. Someone recently told me he's back with Bayerns B side. I never saw him play when he was with the young nats, anyone know or seen him play.

Etcheverry's sobrino - I forgot his name but he was playing ball for a while, don't know if he was any good, or if he gave it up. Chico since u know Marco you might know more about this.

El Gato Fernandez' lil brother - I think his name is Genaro Fernandez, I know he's still quite young but from everything I read his dream is to be like his brother & be Bolivias Goal Keeper. I remember when he was called up to play for one of the USA's youth team tournaments in Argentina (he has double citizenship) Haven't heard anything since, anyone know?

Anyone have any info.....there's many more players that I haven't heard from again but I think these will do for now. Info? discuss

2. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    haha good thread

whatever happened to Percy Colque?? there is this major rumor about him and i dont know if it is real or fake. The rumor is that while he was playing in mexico a couple of years ago, he was caught (camera) in a homosexual act with some dude.

Ive heard this rumor many times by various people.

3. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    LMAO...I've never heard that rumor before, Colque a switch hitter??? Well I guess he couldn't resist trying those famous mexican burritos up there :D

4. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Don't know Nilo, but I'll ask him. I think Marco's going to the DC v Chivas game sunday. I also met Marco Sandy's brother who lives in Manassas,Va. He's neighbors with a good friend of mine. We had a couple of beers together in his backyard. Real nice guy.

5. Bolivianfuego

Bolivianfuego Your favorite Bolivian

Apr 12, 2004
    Fairfax, Va
    Club:
    Bolivar La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    hahahahaha.

And about Ortiz, last i heard a couple months ago he was playing for some 3rd division german side .

6. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    here is most to it, i googled it and this is what i found, to get the rest of the article i had to sign up but was too lazy to do it. But this gives you more of the picture

Sorprenden a felino con homosexual.(Deportes)

COPYRIGHT 2001 Agencia Reforma

Byline: Roberto Flores y Alejandro MartÃ**nez

MURAL / Nuevo leon

MONTERREY.- Luego de que fuera detenido ayer en la madrugada durante 10 horas por supuestas faltas a la moral que posteriormente negó, el boliviano Percy Colque fue sancionado económicamente por la directiva de Tigres y corre el riesgo de una rescisión de contrato.

El seleccionado de Bolivia fue arrestado cerca de las 00:50 horas por oficiales de Seguridad Pública de Monterrey frente a una plaza de la Colonia Urdiales, cuando un hombre vestido de mujer bajó del automóvil...

7. atsegnorts

atsegnorts Member

Apr 2, 2007
    Falls Church
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    etchevery's sobrino he is a bum he playes in virginia in the arlington bolivian league for etchevery's team i think they are called fraternidad cruzenia or something like that. I saw him and etchevery play in october last year to save thier club from going down to a lower division. The sobrino isn't good at all. However i do see him out and about at party's and clubs. Its been a while since i seen marco at a club...:rolleyes:

8. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Fraternidad Camba is the name of the team. Dude swear they are the last coca cola in the desert.

9. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Ortiz playing for a second division team called FC Saarbrücken. Here is the link:

http://www.fussballdaten.de/spieler/ortizjoseluis/

Germans are some big people. I remembered going to a German party, and me being at 6 foot 1 inch, I was still one of the smallest people there. Ortiz must have some decent speed if he's still in Germany.

10. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    it says he only played 2 games this season, with 0 goals...... hmm not doing very well.

11. 1MADDOG

1MADDOG New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    DC
    Yeah, it sucks. German soccer is fast and very physical.

LOL!! The dude has his own website, and not a word of it is in spanish.

http://www.joseluisortiz.de/

12. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    haha...a bum u say....that's funny considering a few years back I read some newspaper saying this kid would one day play for the national team, but then again the way our teams been playing the last 10 years I'm sure even I could walk on :D

13. MrNiloBraun

MrNiloBraun Member

Jan 16, 2007
    whatever happened to the FBF's Centro de Alto Rendimiento. I remember they made a big deal about how it was supposed to tranform not just our futbol but sports in general, there was big hoopla with the architecture contest for it and all this optimism about our futbol & sports development.

What the F*CK happened.....fast forward a few years and zip, zilch, zero....you can go by that place today and it literally looks like they started building something & all of the sudden there was a nuclear holocaust.

The worst part is that I think CONMEBOL was supposed to pay at least some of the costs and that if its not finished soon (not sure on details) they will pull all funding. Anyone know what the hell happened????

14. soccer krazy

soccer krazy Member

Nov 30, 2005
    California
    does anybody know where joaquin botero and jose alfredo castillo are playing?

15. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Botero is out of contract after he left san lorenzo. There were talks of him going to play in China and Wilsterman but that fell through. Right now he is training on his own.

Castillo I believe is in Oriente Petrolero, he is injured i think.

16. dreyx2000

dreyx2000 Member

Apr 1, 2007
    About Colque...well....I kinda remember reading that in the news back then....this is what I remember happened.....some trasvesti hooker was seen walking out of his car calling for the police...supposedly Colque had thought it was a woman but upon finding out it was not refused to pay....the other dude made a scandal and called the police...this is why Colque was arrested.......now this is what I remember....i also remember reading once that this happened not only once but TWICE...but im not so sure about the latter.

17. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    yea i also heard that it happened twice..... haha. So apparently he had some "service" done to him before he found out it was a travesti?? jaja que pelotudo

18. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    I have some friends from UAM in Mexico and they said that Colque was the subject of a bad practical joke by some of his team members. You got to remember he is a very humble guy, born in a small village and son of a cholita who sold sandwiches at the stadium. He probably fell for it hook and sink.
    He and Augusto Andaveris played for Tirana in Albania last year , where I heard he got a nose job (as in Rhinoplasty, not an elbow) and did okay but missed his family. He has not been the same since he blew out his knee. The same goes for Gatty Ribeiro.

19. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    what about

Mauricio Ramos (used to play for Tampa Bay)

20. MarcoM3

MarcoM3 BigSoccer Supporter

May 14, 2007
    Reyes, Beni
    Club:
    Jorge Wilstermann
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Funny you should ask. He and his wife Laura used to go out with my wife and I when I was working in Tampa. Last I heard was that he was living in boston, playing in some ASL team and working at a local soccer school. I have his phone number and I will try to hook up with him when I am up there for the Bolivia-Ireland game..but it's been a while since I talked to him.:confused:

21. LOCO4UNITED!!

LOCO4UNITED!! New Member

Aug 15, 2000
    Section #120.
    What about "El emperador" Julio Cesar Baldivieso...?

22. dale_wilster

dale_wilster Member

Jul 4, 2001
    Cochabamba, Bolivia
    Club:
    --other--
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Gatti is playing for Real Potosi and has been really really well. He was called up to the national team. He seems to be back to his old self.

J.C. Baldivieso was on Bolivar's roster, but looked slow during the Copa Libertadores.

23. Saltenya94

Saltenya94 Member

Jul 29, 2003
    Brooklyn
    Club:
    DC United
    you guys know your stuff...

How does Botero go to being in San Lorenzo to not even playing in a low-bottom Division 1 team in Bolivia?

Have his skills gone away? Or is he asking for too much $?

24. CHICO13

CHICO13 Moderator
    Staff Member

Oct 4, 2001
    SECTION 135
    Club:
    The Strongest La Paz
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    Botero is a mystery wrapped in an enigma clouded by confusion. A once promising career turned to crap for exactly what reason no one knows.

25. Che Matador

Che Matador Member

Apr 22, 2003
    Inside the Beltway
    Club:
    DC United
    Nat'l Team:
    Bolivia
    he never got the chance to shine at San Lorenzo, he wasnt taken seriously. When he had regular play at Pumas he was one of the leading scores in the league and on the team. If he doesnt get regular playing time then he will not show anything, its hard to adjust in argentina when your on the bench pretty much for most of the game. Because of this he never excelled in Argentina, and now i believe he is asking too much and teams are not willing to risk it.