what would an allstar game in england look like

Discussion in 'Premier League: News and Analysis' started by usain2010, Jul 25, 2002.

1. Clan

Clan Member

Apr 23, 2002
    Tottenham vs. Sunderland (we are talking about a shield for Charity cases here, aren't we?)

Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha.

Do yeh think the game would go the full 90...or would they just play one half so the spurs lot could make the whole game.

2. topcow

topcow New Member

Nov 23, 2000
    New York
    British team playing 3-5-2?

3. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

that is what i ment when i said north v south

hence the kit refenrence because some southern players play up north and visa vesa

north would win...all we would need is dean windass up front...

4. sydtheeagle

sydtheeagle New Member

May 21, 2002
    Oxfordshire
    Actually, given the state of the game today the idea All Star Match would be Skint vs. Overpaid. You get the idea...under-rated overachievers like Konchesky of Charlton versus the likes of Ravanelli. That would sort out the men from the boys. Good idea or what?

5. mik_smith

mik_smith New Member

Feb 5, 2001
    London
    Flat back four for the Brits! Subtract McAllister and add a Neville, and and you've pretty much got the team.

I believe Keane's inclusion can be justified: the 4 home nations are all independent as far as the footballing world is concerned, so there's no reason why you couldn't add Ireland to the mix. In rugby, the British and Irish "all-star team" tours together and everyone still manages to get fairly patriotic about it.

6. mik_smith

mik_smith New Member

Feb 5, 2001
    London

Here's my overpaid side:

Ravanelli, Carbone

Zenden, Veron, Jokanovic (sp? - the guy for Chelsea) Prosinecki

Silvestre, Blanc, DeSailly**, Babbel (not fair, I know...)

** - I'd push for a special dispensation to allow Frank LeBeouf to play!

7. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    Givens better then Seaman and Finnan and Carr are better the Nevilles for a start....

8. Boro_lad

Boro_lad New Member

what are you nuts!!!

u missed out boksic up front

and its a bit harsh putting babbel in...poor geezer

9. benine

benine New Member

Jul 22, 2002
    Chicago
    wank

I think London clubs vs nonLondon sides would be a good way to go. North/South would work too.

10. JRedknapp11

JRedknapp11 Red Card

Dec 5, 2001
    tsacademy.net
    An All star game would be rubbish... there's too many fixtures as it is... also none of those players would put in an effort, imagine your key player going down for the season, while he was lunging for a ball during an All Star game... those players are too much of an investment to put through a touchy game scenerio like an All Star game.

Also one could make the debate that they do have an all star game already in the form of the Legend's Cup... most of the newly retired players play in a four on four indoor tournament.... Hoddle and Totenham are playing in the finals against Ipswich I believe.

11. Maczebus

Maczebus New Member

Jun 15, 2002

Calm down my little Irish friend :)

usain2010 has, whether he realises it or not, actually been correct in what he said.

We don't claim to own Ireland, but like it or not Ireland is still part of the British Isles (2nd largest island infact). SO according to those rules, Keane (either) would be spared from playing with those dodgy foreign types.

12. Slash/ED

Slash/ED New Member

Apr 19, 2002
    Dublin
    I'll say it again, Finnan, Carr and Given would all be in.

13. girbo

girbo New Member

Apr 16, 2002
    N E Where
    British and Irish team would stand a much better chance.

Given

Carr Ferdinand Campbell Finnan

Beckham Keane Gerrard Giggs

Owen Keane

Subs:

Sullivan
    Fowler
    Duff
    Davies
    Cole
    Sheringham