What woud be your Chivas USA team?

Discussion in 'Archives: CD Chivas USA' started by Chivo, Apr 28, 2005.

1. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego
    Only use players that have an actual chance of coming to Chivas USA.

2. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I don't know who Chivas has in their affiliate teams, but if I was Vergara I would've have built the team from Mexican players that were free agents instead of stocking the team with players from Div 2 team La Piedad. Most of these guys are just not good enough. Maybe except for Cuadros

Chivas USA should have scouted this league better too, there were some good players to be had.

Johnny Walker comes to mind. Chivas took Arturo Torres with the first expansion draft pick and the guy blows. They would have saved a foreign spot instead of bringing in Zuniga and they wouldn't have taken Guzan at #2.

3. Sandon Mibut

Sandon Mibut Member+

Feb 13, 2001
    I would start by getting the best Mexican-American players available. Trade for Nick Garcia and Jose Burciaga. They would cost a lot - probably an allocation and a first round draft pick - but they'd anchor the defense, combining really well Suarez and Sequeira - and appeal to the demographic Chivas is targeting. A win-win.

I'd also make a push for United's Nick Rimando, the only GK of Mexican descent in MLS. He's not all-world but he's solid, especially if he's playing behind a good defense, and a proven winner. (NCAA title, Supporters' Shield, MLS Cup) United won't give him away but they aren't so in love with him that they wouldn't trade him for the right offer.

Finally, I'd make Necaxa an offer for Daniel Hernandez and pay him enough so he'd want to come to MLS again. He'd give the midfield some much needed experience and ability to maintain possession and he tracks back on D. And, I’d spend some more money to get F Jesus Ochoa, who also holds US citizenship even though he played for, and in, Mexico, on board from wherever he’s playing now.

All five players would make the team better and none of them would burn a foreign spot, which could then be used to fill in the remaining holes. Plus, if you're trying to be the MLS team of Mexican-Americans, wouldn't it be a good idea to get as many, ya know, Mexican-Americans on the team, especially a few that can actually, ya know, play?

4. Ecclesiastes2003

May 30, 2003
    Talavera, Palencia, El Bofo, anyone else from Chivas (Except that penalty missing b*tch "el Flamingo" ), and if Vergara succeeds in buying Atletico de Madrid, then bring over Fernando Torres(oh wait, you said "Only use players that have an actual chance of coming to Chivas USA", nevermind then.)

5. socksgov

socksgov New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    california
    someone they could possibly bring is vela, he has not been playing as much and is still relatively young. Perhaps at some time they could bring him in to play the left wing forward. I think he could have some success in the mls. Even parra would be a good addition, he has really fallen on the depth chart and could possibly be allowed to come once the season is over for la piedad or they have secured a spot in the league

6. CCTX SoccerFreak

CCTX SoccerFreak New Member

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    -----------Martins----------Palencia----------

Manuel--------------------------------Christian
    Sol------------------------------------Jimenez

------------Daniel-----------Hector-------------
    -----------Hernandez--------Cuadros------------

Nick------------------------------------Jose-----
    Garcia--------------------------------Burciaga Jr.--

------------Douglas----------Ryan-----------------
    ------------Sequeira--------Suarez----------------

-------------------Henry Ring-----------------------
    --------------------------------------------------------

Manuel Sol

7. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego
    -------------------Vela--------Palencia--------Romo-----------------------

----------Manuel Sol----------Pato Alfaro----------Ramon Ramirez----------

-------Hector Reynoso---------Sequeira---------Suarez---------Ezra-------

-------------------------------Talavera-----------------------------------

8. ataranto2000

ataranto2000 Red Card

Sep 22, 2003
    Dream!

9. socksgov

socksgov New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    california
    so far cuadros has been playing out of position because i remember that the one game he got in for like five minutes for chivas in the interliga he came in and played wingback, and i think that for la piedad he mostly played as a wing forward. he doesnt look like he is comfertable in the middle. i dont know why people think he has been playing good because besides the goal he has not produced much offensively and he is supposed to be the playmaker. it is not his fault because he is playing at a position that is perhaps not his best. most of the time he is caught between offense and defense and does not really do much on either end.

10. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego
    Who knows. Instead of Reynoso, Garcia could come. Manuel Sol and Palencia are passing their prime, Alfaro does not contribute a lot to Chivas, also Vela and Talavera could use the experience.

11. Various Styles

Various Styles Member+

Mar 1, 2000
    Los Angeles
    Club:
    CD Chivas de Guadalajara
    Hans Westerhoff the teams sporting director was asked in an interview which USMNT player he would like to have in Chivas USA and he said John O'brian. There is that Ajax link right there, so if John'O ever does come to the MLS i wouldnt be surprised if CDCU picked him up.

12. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego
    There are various players that could come to Chivas USA since Vergara owns Saprissa, Chivas and all the Chivas second and third division teams, plus its partner-club Ajax.

13. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    O'Brien doesn't play for Ajax any more.

14. yellowbismark

yellowbismark Member+

Nov 7, 2000
    San Diego, CA
    Club:
    Club Tijuana
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

He is from the LA area, bring him home!! ;)

And yes, Alex is right, he plays for another team in Holland. I can't remember which one (Utrecht?)

15. dfb547490

dfb547490 New Member

Feb 9, 2000
    The Heights
    ADO Den Haag

Chivas won't use a major allocation on a non-Mexican player, let alone the whitest man alive. If he comes back it'll be to San Jose (unless Lannyboy goes back to Europe, in which case LA would be the frontrunner).

16. jared9999

jared9999 Member+

Jan 3, 2005
    Naucalpan Estado de Mex
    Club:
    Club América
    Nat'l Team:
    Mexico
    -------------------Vela--------Palencia--------Alberto Medina--

----------Rafael Medina-Bofo Bautista----------Ramon Ramirez-----

-------Maza Rodriguez---Sequeira---------Ezra---Suarez-------

-------------------------------Talavera-----------------

17. Chivo

Chivo Member

Mar 31, 2005
    San Diego
    Putting Venado, Bofo, and Rafael in Chivas USA would be to great of a loss to CD Guadalajara (even thogh Chivas USA would pwn the MLS if they actually came).

18. mowkeka

mowkeka New Member

Mar 9, 2005
    Would Roman Morales come to MLS? I think it would make his play better.
    After all, he'd get to play against youngsters like Landon Donovan and Eddie Johnson, and veterans like Djorkaeff.
    I doubt he's getting that type of experience in Mexico.

19. CCTX SoccerFreak

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    Agreed....

again it's "Only use players that have an actual chance of coming to Chivas USA"

Bofo, Ramonsito and Rafael I think would come over but with time. I would think Ramonsito sooner than later and then Bofo but Rafael in about 4 years. They're too much for Chivas to lose right now.

Palencia is this year IMO...Manuel Sol...although a bit past his prime would do great in this league and more specifically for Chivas USA.

Any thoughts on Christian Jimenez?? I've seen him play [not in person but on TV] and the guy's got mad skills on the ball. He's like Arturo Torres where he takes people on but Jimenez can actually beat people!!! [​IMG]

20. socksgov

socksgov New Member

Jun 7, 2004
    california
    it would also be nice if the best player on the team, mendoza, would start instead of having him dominate in the reserve games

21. CCTX SoccerFreak

Jan 5, 2005
    Corpus Christi,TX
    That's a good point!!