What will you do with the money that would've been spent on season tix?

Discussion in 'Columbus Crew SC' started by Zak, Nov 4, 2003.

1. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Just wondering

2. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    At least next season will end with a happy ending.

3. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Where is drugs on that listing?

4. YITBOS

YITBOS Member

Jul 2, 2001
    1.3 hours from CCS
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Only if you drop the dough on the Asian massage parlor.

5. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Where is the "Buy a nice armchair to sit like the rest of the part-time supporters" option?

I think anyone that is not renewing their season ticket should be ashamed. Are you a Columbus fan or just a fan on teams that are doing well?

6. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    Part time supporters, lets compare notes, how many Crew matches did you chuck money down the crapper at?

7. hangthadj

hangthadj BigSoccer Yellow Card

A.S. Roma
    Mar 27, 2001
    Beacon, NY
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    I wish I had mommy and daddy's money to cruise around europe and the states without a care in teh world like Splarg. Then, I too, could be a real supporter.

Gimmee a break.

8. diablodelsol

diablodelsol Member+

Jan 10, 2001
    North Ridgeville, OH
    I gotta tell you Splarg, it's comments like this that make me want to kick your ass.

9. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

turkey bacon with swiss
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Survive...

10. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    POW!

11. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    He didn't even come to America to see the world's largest club, he came here to see his internet girlfriend.

12. UncleSam527

UncleSam527 Member

Jan 14, 2002
    What if I want to pay someone to ensure that I won't have to put up with Smith and Andrulis?

13. CrewDust

CrewDust Member

May 6, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Down goes Splarg, Down goes Splarg.

14. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Uh. . I don't know if I should be admiting this, but next season will be my first time purchasing season tickets. . So I won't be voting in this poll. Thanks.

15. suspenders1964

Mar 4, 2000
    You're welcome.

16. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    CrewPens is a charmer

17. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Seems a bit nicer than some of the boys around here.

18. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    What are you talking about!? We're all nice boys on here.[​IMG]

19. Captain Splarg

Apr 25, 1999
    Pacific Grove, CA
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    I think people should do all that they can to support their team. Not buying season tickets because you don't want to see a team lose is what i don't like.

Each summer i'm in the states, paying my own unlike what people on here believe. I'll goto every match i can, be it in LA, Chicago, New York, DC, or New England. I get to fly because of frequent flyer miles, mostly mine, but sometimes i use miles that my father has recieved from work, but those have to be used because they will expire.

I just don't have the same bills as you do. Until next month, i don't have to pay rent as i'm living at home, and i also don't have car payments to make. That naturally leaves me with more cash, which i elect to spend on football, and when i'm on holiday in the states.

I like to think i'm doing everything in my power to support my team. If i were still living in Columbus, i would still be putting away money to spend on football the same as i do now.

I feel a bit silly explaining this to you people, but you all seem to think that i don't spend my own money on this, which is completely wrong.

20. Ch(Elsey)

Ch(Elsey) Member+

Columbus Crew
    United States
    May 2, 2003
    Green, Ohio
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    What are you on?

Also, props to Capt. Personally, I don't care if its your money or not, as long as you're spending it on the Crew.

21. TimD

TimD Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
    C'mon, you all know that we will be back in our same seats next year watching the same team. It's like heroin addiction only without the nasty side effects.

Our only hope is that next season isn't as painful to sit through as this one was. The announcement of an expansion team in Cleveland should have set off alarm bells in the Crew offices in a very big way.

22. Zak

Zak Member

Feb 18, 2002
    Massive Club
    I'll stand by this statement for as long as that bum Andrulis is our boss:

If you think this season was bad, next will be worse. There'll be more call ups due to WC qualifacation and the Olympics. This coach has shown that once plan A isn't available there is no other plan. Furthermore, they will need to draft a player that will have immidiate impact due to the call ups, and inevitable injury. Let see, did Walsh have an immidiate impact? No. Did Oughton? No. Did we bleed any young guys this year? No. We're fuct.

23. TimD

TimD Member

Aug 9, 1999
    Columbus, Ohio, U.S.
    Can't argue the fact that coming out of this season we really look like a crap team that lacks anything resembeling a heart. But the upside of being a sports fan is that there is always next year.

I am not all that comfortable with them keeping Andrulus as the coach. These guys really don't seem to get motivated until their bonus checks for making the playoff's and/or their jobs are in jeopardy.

Here is one change that absolutly needs to happen. Everyone players, coaches, management, and all fans needs to walk into Hunt Park on the first day of the season demanding nothing less than an MLS championship.

Everyone gives it lip service but very few of those mentioned above seem to show up with this as a thought until August/September. This team just doesn't seem to realize that being average is an easy trap to fall into difficult to get out of and we are there. Because of this I really do believe that this franchise is in danger.

A couple of more seasons like this and the fans will just start to drift away from the stadium. Much like yourself the thinking is "hey I can be dissapointed just as easily at home." It is natural and I am thinking another season like last piled on top of the previous seven and the Crew are going to be playing in front of even more abandoned aluminum than they already are.

24. Grouchy

Grouchy Member+

turkey bacon with swiss
    Apr 18, 1999
    Canal Winchester
    Club:
    Columbus Crew
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    MLS Cup? Heck, I'd settle for a win every time we go into Hunt Park...

And personally, my budget does not revolve around the Crew. When I subtract all other necessities from my salary I don't look at the surplus as "wow, I can spend this much on the Crew".

Especially nowadays.

It's more "after rainy day savings growth, personal and family savings growth, college savings growth, unforseen human, house and vehicle repairs, etc... we have $ left over, what would you like to do this month?" ... A Crew game would be an option.

25. Eggy

Eggy New Member

May 28, 1999
    CBUS
    Not buying season tickets does not mean not going. It's putting a message to the club that we won't pay for underachievement.

Nobody here has ever said "I'm not going anymore" so let's stop questioning everyone's dedication.

Now on the other hand, I've got a crisis situation. I've got 260,000 flyer miles that have to be used by the end of next month so I can't decide. Ibiza or Corfu for my Holidays?