What will come of Carlos Ruiz?

Discussion in 'LA Galaxy' started by aaron90025, Oct 26, 2004.

1. MeTaLhEaD696

MeTaLhEaD696 New Member

Oct 30, 2004
    yeah its a hard foul. look at the smurf 2 feets

2. singnfreak

singnfreak New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Chino freakin' Hills
    Ha! :D Aaroon you rock again...

Ruiz doesn't deserve to come back, he complains too much...all talk and show but no action, ya know?

ya, ya, he's made plenty of goals...but the fish is getting old and STINKY! Get him out of Galaxy before the whole team starts to smell.

3. revolver34

revolver34 New Member

Nov 15, 2004
    Ruiz Keeps Scoring For Guatemala So It Is Not Ruiz's Fault
    That The Rest Of The Galaxy Players Suck....and I Mean Really Suck...including That Overrated Goalie... Its Funny How Much Blame You Guys Are Putting On Ruiz When He Still Scored More Goals Than Kirovski, Moreno And All The Other Players Even Though He Missed Many Games Because Of Injuries And National Team Play.

4. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    Hey new guy! Stop yelling at us! It's hurting our ears! If you're going to be a nerd on the computer, learn how to type and people will take your posts seriously.

5. Sempuukyaku

Sempuukyaku Member+

Apr 30, 2002
    Seattle, WA
    Club:
    Seattle Sounders
    Nat'l Team:
    United States

Haha! Every single one of your words are capitalized!

Retard! lol! :D

6. mickeymac

mickeymac New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Paso Robles, CA
    I'll Bet Kevin Will Be Very Upset to Learn that His Suckitude Is Making Poor Pescadito Look Bad. In Fact, Every Galaxy Player Should Hang His Head in Shame for Pescadito's Failure to Take League MVP this Season. :rolleyes:

I'm Going to Start Typing All My Posts in Title Case. It Seems to Make Everything Sound More Important.

My Power Is Beyond Your Comprehension!! [Exclamation Marks Are Cool, Too!!!]

7. AC_Milan22

AC_Milan22 New Member

Aug 25, 2004
    CA
    Club:
    AC Milan
    How old are you guys? you guys sound like a bunch of twelve year olds. We well know thay Ruiz is the best player on the galaxy. I dont think is Ruiz's fault because he keeps scoring for Guatemala so maybe is the rest of the team that sucks.

8. Dan Loney

Dan Loney BigSoccer Supporter

Mar 10, 2000
    Cincilluminati
    Club:
    Los Angeles Sol
    Nat'l Team:
    Philippines
    *ding*

Guatemala is Ruiz' priority right now. It has to be. If he gets Guatemala into the World Cup for the first time ever, he'd be a national hero. He'd have his face on coins. Guatemala has a realistic shot for the first time since God was a boy to make the World Cup Finals, so if they screw it up, they'll never forgive themselves.

Which means club has to come second for Ruiz. Maybe he gets into such an amazing groove that he dominates for both club and country, but if he has to rest or skip a few games for his club, he's not going to think twice.

That's why he should go to a club that will understand that, and adjust to it. Municipal will. The Galaxy would grit their teeth and take it, but play badly. A Mexican team would be unsympathetic, to say the least. And European club teams don't even acknowledge CONCACAF exists.

Sampson and Hamilton have to go into this with their eyes open. For Ruiz, the Galaxy will come second. Like Donovan and the Quakes. Country over club. If we re-sign him, it's on the front office, the players, and the fans to understand what the deal is. Otherwise, don't freaking re-sign him.

9. mickeymac

mickeymac New Member

Mar 11, 2004
    Paso Robles, CA
    Check the record. The Galaxy had a better record without Ruiz than with him this season. The distraction of bullcrap like staying down south to spend time with his love-child rather than coming back to play for his club is unacceptable. If he's truly such an outstanding club player, we should have little trouble getting one or more quality players in exchange for him. If he's around next year and plays like he gives a rat's ass, I'll eat my words. Meanwhile, I'll reiterate my hope that the Gs get what they can get for him in the off-season.

10. Chupacabra

Chupacabra Member+

Aug 2, 2004
    Westwood, NJ
    The reason why Ruiz keeps scoring for Guatemala is because the other teams in Guatemala's WCQ group suck (Honduras, Costa Rica, Canada). Guatemala would not be leading their group if Ruiz had remained with Municipal. In the MLS he competed against better players and teams (and played with a better team and players, too). As a result, it has improved his game.

Maybe Ruiz hasn't gotten worse, but the MLS has gotten better. Competing MLS players have now had three years to learn his strengths and weaknesses and figured out how to shut him down. I think that defensive play in the MLS overall has gotten much better, which is part of the reason why none of the top scorers this year got more than 12 goals (compared to 15 in 2003 and 24 in 2002).

Or maybe Ruiz has gotten worse. His failed PK against KC (10/02) was one of the worst I've ever seen, and for the last third of the season his level of play was often horrible (numerous passes directly to defenders, lame attempts at trick shots like heel kicks that rolled slowly to the goalkeeper, too many dives to the ground with no defenders near him, etc.).

Let's see if that "world-class striker" tag sticks when Guatemala faces tougher competition from Mexico and the US in the final group phase of the regional qualifiers.

11. Avi_Aimar

Avi_Aimar New Member

Dec 26, 2002
    Oye chupacabra...que te pasa? Honduras y Costa Rica son buenos equipos. Guatemala was predicted to finish last in their group. Mexico on the other hand is a different story....they are so lucky with that sorry group they have. Well, anyways, Ruiz is not the best player for Guatemala. That title would go to Guillermo "El Pando" Ramirez but Ruiz certainly does score when it counts.

12. singnfreak

singnfreak New Member

Nov 9, 2004
    Chino freakin' Hills
    I would have figured Ruiz doesn't care about Galaxy and wants to leave so that's why he isn't "playing his best" and who wants a player like that? A player who plays when he FEELS like it?

13. revolver34

revolver34 New Member

Nov 15, 2004

a lot of hatred in your post....what's your problem?
    I'm sure you were one of the many here who were licking Ruiz's balls when HE helped the galaxy win the championship. And if the MLS is gotten better tell me why is Peter Vegenas playing? I'm positive he wouldn't make it to some of the teams here in the San Fernando League.

14. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles
    You know, after reading that post I don't think there's alot of hatred at all. Maybe he uses a more explicit approach that would make the average person see red but I think he has some good points. Guatemala has looked very strong but there group was really weak indeed. They will most certainly not play like that against Mexico and definitly not against the US.

Guatemala has done suprisingly well with and without Ruiz but he will not carry them to the World Cup.

15. MeTaLhEaD696

MeTaLhEaD696 New Member

Oct 30, 2004

No he will not lead them to the world cup!

the hole team will do it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ;)

16. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles

The only chance Ruiz and Guatemala have to get the world cup is to beat Costa Rica on points.

17. Onionsack

Onionsack BigSoccer Yellow Card

Jul 21, 2003
    New York City
    Club:
    FC Girondins de Bordeaux
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Why? The 5th place team in Asia can't be that good either. If the finish 4th they have a chance.

18. aaron90025

aaron90025 New Member

May 1, 2003
    W.Los Angeles

Eh, I don't know too much about Asain teams except for the fact there's plenty more asian soccer players playing all over the world in much better leagues than Guatemalans. I'm not sure if that will matter much but we'll see I guess.

My guess is unless Guatemala ends up 4th and gets to play Malaysia I still don't think they have a chance.

IMO of course.

19. guategol

guategol New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    vancouver
    I think he might be traded or go back to municipal.I would love to see Carlos Ruiz go to a european club.But will just have to wait and see what sampson does wit "El pescadito".

20. MissingMathis

MissingMathis New Member

Oct 20, 2004
    Long Beach CA
    Ruiz has gotten complacent, MLS has gotten better and has adjusted to him, and the players around him have decided to do their best impression of horse manure. Our left winger virtually has no left foot, and seems to have difficulty determining the difference between our goal and the opponents. Our right winger has lost a step, and is old enough to have invent the moves the young wingers are using. The two central midfielders passing vocabularly is summarized in 2 words, square and back. The only way to get Ruiz the ball is to air mail it to him, which is what the defense does, and it is awfully difficult to beat 4 defenders, 40 yards from goal, who know his tendencies.

21. fangalaxy

fangalaxy Member

Dec 16, 2000
    San Dimas, CA
    In Saturday's Galaxy Deportivo (11/27), Carlos Ruiz said he had one more year remaining on his contract and that he would continue to play for the Galaxy unless a better offer came his way.

22. rokstedy

rokstedy Member+

I love commieball
    Apr 20, 2001
    Northwest Orange County
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Now the question is will he step up and perform well to get noticed or will he just sandbag it and hope for something?

23. The Cadaver

The Cadaver It's very quiet here.

Oct 24, 2000
    La Cañada, CA
    Club:
    Los Angeles Galaxy
    Nat'l Team:
    United States
    Hopefully we will get the benefit of the "contract year" phenomenon. Somehow today's athletes have a way of ramping up the performance when they are in that magic last year of a contract.

24. guategol

guategol New Member

Nov 17, 2004
    vancouver
    oh he has one more year with his contract.I thought he finished in january 2005 wit galaxy. I would like to see angel sanabria and ramirez play for galaxy wit ruiz.maybe it would help carlos ruiz if he had some of his nationl team players and old teammates like ramirez and sanabria,good idea?